OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
realcaliforniacheese posted :
"If They don't ,I'll buy one for you and you can pay me back",

Packer shares are not transferable to another person.The Green Bay Packers will not allow Packer shares to be transferred to another person by person who originally purchased the share.

mhnessie posted:"I do not think that nationality matters, the problem could be how to buy shares.
If we can buy by website (Packers Pro Shop) everything will be fine. :)
We will see......."

The Packer pro shop is not involved selling of Packer Shares.
Packer Share sale is done by Green Bay Packers Corporate Operations.

I don't know if it is possible for The Green Bay Packers, Inc.to sell Packer Share to a German citizen who lives in Germany.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reported the Packer shares werebought by buyers in 50 Statesand 2 US Territories duirng the last Packer Share salein 1998-1999.

There was nothing in article about Packer Shares being sold to buyers in any other country besides the US during the lastPacker share sale in 1998-1999.​

esponda1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packer shares are not transferable to another person.The Green Bay Packers will not allow Packer shares to be transferred to another person by person who originally purchased the share.

mhnessie posted:"I do not think that nationality matters, the problem could be how to buy shares.​
We will see......."​
The Packer pro shop is not involved selling of Packer Shares.​
Packer Share sale is done by Green Bay Packers Corporate Operations.​
I don't know if it is possible for The Green Bay Packers, Inc.to sell Packer Share to a German citizen who lives in Germany.​
The Green Bay Press-Gazette reported the Packer shares werebought by buyers in 50 Statesand 2 US Territories duirng the last Packer Share salein 1998-1999.​
There was nothing in article about Packer Shares being sold to buyers in any other country besides the US during the lastPacker share sale in 1998-1999.​
yeah, i read about that. That is why I've been asking around here to see if anyone knows something specific about the last sale.
If it is not through the Packers Pro Shop, then where specifically were the last stock bought from?

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
For more information on shareholder matters, please e-mail your contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail address) to [email protected].

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If worse comes to worse, buy it by using someones US address. Not like they are going to use the "address police" to come looking to see if you really live there.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mhnessie posted:"I do not think that nationality matters, the problem could be how to buy shares.​
We will see......."​

The Packer pro shop is not involved selling of Packer Shares.​
Packer Share sale is done by Green Bay Packers Corporate Operations.​

I don't know if it is possible for The Green Bay Packers, Inc.to sell Packer Share to a German citizen who lives in Germany.​

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reported the Packer shares werebought by buyers in 50 Statesand 2 US Territories duirng the last Packer Share salein 1998-1999.​

Other requirements include:
You must be born in Wisconsin.
You must bleed Green and Gold so they will need a blood sample.
Thumbprints of you and at least 5 relatives.
Your mother's maiden name, signature and eye color.
They will also ask you to name every player on a Packers team from a random year. It could be any team from any year so be sure to memorize each player going back to the 20's!
Names of your first born. Don't have kids or don't plan to? Then the names of your pets. No pets? Then the names of what you would name your kids and pets. (It's helpful if they are Wisconsin sounding names.)
What year did the Packers beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl? (Careful: It's a trick question!)
Bonus question: The name of the Packers mascot from 1964-1978.
Bonus bonus question: What does the G on the helmet really stand for?
And finally your signature.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Other requirements include:
You must be born in Wisconsin.
You must bleed Green and Gold so they will need a blood sample.
Thumbprints of you and at least 5 relatives.
Your mother's maiden name, signature and eye color.
They will also ask you to name every player on a Packers team from a random year. It could be any team from any year so be sure to memorize each player going back to the 20's!
Names of your first born. Don't have kids or don't plan to? Then the names of your pets. No pets? Then the names of what you would name your kids and pets. (It's helpful if they are Wisconsin sounding names.)
What year did the Packers beat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl? (Careful: It's a trick question!)
Bonus question: The name of the Packers mascot from 1964-1978.
Bonus bonus question: What does the G on the helmet really stand for?
And finally your signature.

Born in Appleton
Bleed red, like everyone else
Thumbprints no problem
Miller, blue
I may miss one or two
David
Packer and Cowboys have never played in the Super Bowl, they can't they are in the same confrence. However, they did beat the Cowboys for the NFL Championship in both 1966 and 1967.
Packy Pack Packer
Greatness or Green Bay or nothing depending on what story you believe
Signed Me.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If worse comes to worse, buy it by using someones US address. Not like they are going to use the "address police" to come looking to see if you really live there.
Whew!
And here I was worried that Clay Matthews moonlighted as a PI.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packy Pack Packer
OK I confess that I was being a wise apple when asking about a mascot.
I had no idea they had one!
What years was the triple P used and are there any images?
Only thing I see is a cartoon depiction.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
OK I confess that I was being a wise apple when asking about a mascot.
I had no idea they had one!
What years was the triple P used and are there any images?
Only thing I see is a cartoon depiction.
They had cheerleaders at one time. In the 80's I think they called them the Packerettes and in the 60's the Gold girls or Golden girls, something like that. I'm sure someone has it on the internet if you look. I took a picture of a poster of the cheerleaders from 1988. One of my cousins had it up at the campground.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had cheerleaders at one time. In the 80's I think they called them the Packerettes and in the 60's the Gold girls or Golden girls, something like that. I'm sure someone has it on the internet if you look. I took a picture of a poster of the cheerleaders from 1988. One of my cousins had it up at the campground.
I wasn't asking about the cheerleaders. I was asking about Packy, the mascot.

Anyway, while trying to find stuff about the mascot I did come across that the official cheerleaders were banned by Don Hutson(?) as well as Packy because he thought they were a distraction.
The cheerleaders the Packers use now are college girls.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I had a cat named Packer once, my dad only remembered that name so we named him Packer. I'm hoping the stock sale comes either this or next week.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre posted:"Anyway, while trying to find stuff about the mascot I did come across that the official cheerleaders were banned by Don Hutson(?) as well as Packy because he thought they were a distraction."

The Green Bay Packer had official cheerleaders from 1931 until 1988. (56 years) In 1931, The Green Bay Packers were the first NFL team to have have cheer leaders at their home games.

In fact, at request of then Head Coach and GM Vince Lombardi the Packer cheerleaders become a professional Cheer leading organization in the 1960's.

However in 1988 then Packer President-CEO Bob Harlan disbanded the Packer professional Cheer leading group..

It was sometime after 1988 to this date in 2011, that Packers have been using college Cheer leaders from UW-Green Bay and St Norbert College as cheer leaders for Packer home games..

As for Don Hutson, he was great Packer End (WR) and defensive Back from 1935-1945 and then became a Packer assistant Coach under Packer head Coach-GM "Curly" Lambeau from 1945-1948.

Don Hutson had nothing to do with banning Packer Cheerleaders.

esponda1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For more information on shareholder matters, please e-mail your contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail address) to [email protected].

I already wrote and you get and instant automated response with absolutely no information: "
"Thank you for your interest in Packers shareholder matters. Your e-mail has been
received. We will respond if and when further information is available. Have a nice day."

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
esponda
I guess, you will have to patient until the Packers get the approval of The US government's Securities and Exchange Commission to have a Packer Share sale. Therehas been a lot more new paperwork has to be submitted to this Commission, than had to be done by Packers for previous shareholder sale held in 1998-1999.

The Packers still hope to get approval for Packer Share sale from Securities and Exchange Commisssion before end of this year.

As soon as The Packer share sale information is announced by the Packers, It will be posted on this website

esponda1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there is nothing new to know about the sale that is going to take place. And that I have to be patient to know about this one. All I have been trying to find out is if someone can give information about how the last ones went. I mean, it can't be completely different, can it? Forget about details like the one I've been asking regarding nationality, I still have not heard someone tell a complete story about the process they followed on buying one on either of the other sales. And instead I've come to find a lot of people that wants to hear a story like that, because they are also curious about more or less what to expect this time. Learn from previous experience to be prepared, that's all. About this one I know I have to wait.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there is nothing new to know about the sale that is going to take place. And that I have to be patient to know about this one. All I have been trying to find out is if someone can give information about how the last ones went. I mean, it can't be completely different, can it? Forget about details like the one I've been asking regarding nationality, I still have not heard someone tell a complete story about the process they followed on buying one on either of the other sales. And instead I've come to find a lot of people that wants to hear a story like that, because they are also curious about more or less what to expect this time. Learn from previous experience to be prepared, that's all. About this one I know I have to wait.
"

From AP report out of Milwaukee:

"Just as businesses have to enter a quiet period before going public, the Packers say they can't reveal much until regulatory issues are resolved.
"We intend to keep our fans informed of further developments to the greatest extent possible," said Jason Wied, the team's vice president of administration/general counsel.
If the team gets final approval, the stock sale could begin within weeks. Christmas shoppers take note, though: Shares of stock can't be resold, and transfer of shares is generally limited to immediate relatives and heirs."

esponda1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except the "going quiet before going public" part, I don't see how this relates to my question. As I've been saying, I know no one can tell me about how this sale will go, but I'm sure there is a lot of people who can tell us how the last one went. Your personal experience on the last sale.

Packerhorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be curious how many extra shares I'll rec'v since I already have one share. And based on the by laws I can transfer any extra shares to family!

"holder of shares of Common Stock that is a natural person may only transfer such shares of Common Stock to a member of the holder's "immediate family" by gift or in the event of death of the holder. The term "immediate family" means the spouse, child, mother, father, brothers and sisters, or any lineal descendant of a stockholder. A holder of shares of Common Stock that is a corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership or other formal legal entity (an "Entity") may only transfer such shares of Common Stock to a natural person who the corporation determines in its discretion has a significant interest in the equity of the Entity that the natural person did not acquire for the purpose of transferring such shares of Common Stock (an "Approved Person")."

Members online