OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
They have 280k shares left over from the last stock sale to sell. if they sell them for 250 a pop it will pay for about half of the project. I can't see them making them too expensive in this economy. better to sell a lot at a lower price then a few at the higher price.

Man that is going to look good on my wall. Depending on the price I may by a share for each of my grand kids. Start the indoctrination early.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Join the Fan Club. 15% off at the Pro Shop, quarterly drawing for an autograph helmet or football, discount at the HOF, free yearbook, free Packer Report, pre-game tailgate party, own message board and Inside 1265 magazine. 2 levels $50 or $100 per year. Free gifts for singing up each year and the Reception with autograph goodies given away.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
"A price of (Packer) shares has not been set, though it will be at least $200, (Aaron) Popkey said, ( Packer's public relations director)

The number of shares has not been set either, but the Packers have 280,000 shares that were available that were authorized
for the last sale but not sold. Using these shares would save the Packers from having to make an other splits or adjustments.

The last sale included a 10o0-1 split for existing shareholders."*

* Source Green Bay Press-Gazette Article written by Press-Gazette reporter Richard Ryman.

I think, the last Packer share sale lasted for 4 months, From late 1998 to early 1999.

This was enough time for any Packer fans to buy Packer shares..

The Last Packer share sale which was held in late 1998- early 1999 raised $24m .This money was used to renovate lambeau Field. Renovation of Lambeau Field was completed in 2003

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It's going to take a long time to sell 280k of shares. With no dividends your only motivation to buy is your Pride and loyalty to the team. I have to think the packer fan base is much larger than it was in 98-99, but with the economy in the tanks who knows what demand will be. I think its safe to say that anyone who wants to buy stock will be able to.

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
I think it will have to be credit card for me. That might not be legal though. To buy stock on credit. Better start saving now!

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget Favre posted:"Can the Packers ownership situation be considered as a Co-op? "

NO! The Packers are a publically owned Corporation owned by it's over 112,000 shareholders. No shareholder can profit from Packer shares he owns. The share holder receives no interest or dividends from the Packer share,nor does the Packer shares increasein Value .All profits are put back into the Green Bay Packers, Inc. The member of Co-op does profit from being i n Co-op. He gets a percentage of the profits from items or services, he purchases at a Co-op. This money can be paid back to the member of Co-op many years later.

dahamsta7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
any idea on how competative this is? think anyone that wants one will be able to get one?

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like it keeps getting official with Yahoo sports reporting it too. Could we maybe make a sticky thread and combine all the others. We can keep updating the sticky thread with new info. I am cetainly looking forward to buying stock.

Also, can we get some insight from people who bought stock the last time it was on sale!

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe I am going to be an owner of the Packers!!!!!! I know it's basically nothing, but I think it's just so cool that I can partly "own" the team I've loved since the moment I came into this world!

My friend's dad has a copy of his stock framed in their basement and I think it's so cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts