OFFICIAL THREAD ON PACKER STOCK SALE

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great question! I'm just speculating, but seeing as how the stock really serves no purpose other than a one time use for raising funds and voting rights (they dont have market values, don't pay interest and dividends etc.), having a split or reverse split would really serve no purpose other than to increase or decrease the number of voters. I can't really see them doing that for just voting rights, unless I'm missing something else.

I'll add a 3rd question.

I'm thinking of buying one for my father for X-mas. If he passes away is the share transferable to either me or my mother? I thought I read somewhere that it is not. But if it's not, what becomes of the share after my father dies? It seems it would be useless as no one could vote for the represented share of stock.
Yes, it is transferable to you: From Article VI of the By-Laws, in case you haven't found it:
"A holder of shares of Common Stock that is a natural person may only transfer such shares of Common Stock to a member of the holder's "immediate family" by gift or in the event of death of the holder. The term "immediate family" means the spouse, child, mother, father, brothers and sisters, or any lineal descendant of a stockholder."

Steve Hanks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When this happens, HOW will I be able to buy? Do I go to packers.com and buy there? Do I need to buy them through E-Trade or some other stock broker company? Just looking for HOW. I can watch the news for when this will go down...

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packers are going to be releasing information towards the end of November. (based on their pre-recorded message) So the stock sale is either at the VERY end of November or we are looking at the first week of December.

I guess its time I start hounding them with a few phone calls and throwing this site around to see if I can get some additional info's.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Packers are going to be releasing information towards the end of November. (based on their pre-recorded message) So the stock sale is either at the VERY end of November or we are looking at the first week of December.

I guess its time I start hounding them with a few phone calls and throwing this site around to see if I can get some additional info's.
Lean on 'em, Robdog. You're the best!!!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have some family in the States that maybe I could use, but needing a US address is ridiculous. There are Packer fans all over the world that should be able to buy the stock.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have some family in the States that maybe I could use, but needing a US address is ridiculous. There are Packer fans all over the world that should be able to buy the stock.

Maybe you have to question the Canadian regulatory Agencies in both Federal and Province concerning their rules of selling stock in the Green Bay Packers, Inc, a publically owned non profit Corporation from the United States.

The Packers not only had to get NFL approval for selling Stock in The Green Bay Packers , Inc but also the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
There also was article in Green Bay Press-Gazette that State of Utah has to give the Green Bay Packers, Inc, their approval to sell Packer stock in that State.

The US Securities and Exchange Commission has still not given the Green Bay Packers, Inc . permisssion to start selling Packer Stock in U.S. Apparently the U.S. Commission needs more paperwork from the Packers in 2011, then was needed in 1997-1998. That was the last time Packers had a stock sale.

According to Green Bay Press-Gazette, Packers sold Packer stock to over 112,000 Packer stockhoders in all 50 States and 2 U.S. Territories. Nothing was said about Packers selling stock in any other Country besides the U.S in 1997-1998.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Let's wait until the Packers have released official informations about the stock sale.
I am still hoping that we can buy shares from outside the U.S.....
It is a regulatory thing. You cannot buy stock outside of the US because it would not be permitted by the laws of most foreign countrys. Just as there are rules in this country governing the sale of foreign stocks. One of the reasons it is taking so long to get this sale going is all the regulatory bodies the Packers have to get permission from. State and Fed.

Are you in the Military at an APO or FPO? if so that might fly. If you are a US citizen living abroad they might have exceptions for the address, but we will hopefully soon know. I hope it works out for you. I intend to buy a piece of stock in each one of my grand kids name. I could always slip your name in there.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a regulatory thing. You cannot buy stock outside of the US because it would not be permitted by the laws of most foreign countrys. Just as there are rules in this country governing the sale of foreign stocks. One of the reasons it is taking so long to get this sale going is all the regulatory bodies the Packers have to get permission from. State and Fed.

Are you in the Military at an APO or FPO? if so that might fly. If you are a US citizen living abroad they might have exceptions for the address, but we will hopefully soon know. I hope it works out for you. I intend to buy a piece of stock in each one of my grand kids name. I could always slip your name in there.

Unfortunately no APO, FPO or Military, I am just a german Packers Fan who would like to realize a little dream by owning a small piece of his beloved franchise.;)
Well, I would like to write you a pm, O.k. for you ?

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so question, when I buy clothes or anything online I get them shipped to a Letter Carrier in the States that holds them for me.. do you think if I used the address for that it would be bokay?

eric

Hater gonna hate
Reaction score
If possible I will buy some. Serious. It would be lulzy. I could tell my packers friends I own part of their team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
so question, when I buy clothes or anything online I get them shipped to a Letter Carrier in the States that holds them for me.. do you think if I used the address for that it would be bokay?

I say call the Packers..If any of the links here dont provide an answer for you, Packers are your best answer...

Members online

Latest posts