OFFICIAL TAMPA BAY GAME THREAD

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
So basically Tampa Bay is a team that gives GB issues whenever they play them? Yikes. I was concerned about injuries going into this one though and it just lingered the entire game.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to get the win, 10-0!! Still, it shouldn't have been that close, but TB had a near perfect game plan for Rodgers.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injury updates from Packers Twitter page:

packers Green Bay Packers

McCarthy: Greg Jennings should be OK with shin bruise. Tough win. Take your hat off to Tampa Bay. They play a lot of man-to-man.

McCarthy: James Starks has a knee sprain. More information will be available in the morning after further testing.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to get the win, 10-0!! Still, it shouldn't have been that close, but TB had a near perfect game plan for Rodgers.

...And we still scored 35 points. This offense can be stopped, but not for long. Eventually, the Packers will figure it out, and our opponent has to take advantage of the situation until then to win. Tampa bay almost did, but then Raheem called a crappily executed onside kick which pretty much gave them the game.

The defense is so maddeningly inconsistent, though. How can you almost shut out the Vikings and hold one of the best runners of the game to just 51 yards, then give up 26 points to the Bucs and over 100 yards to Legarrette Blount?

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Injury updates from Packers Twitter page:

McCarthy: James Starks has a knee sprain. More information will be available in the morning after further testing.

That's better news than I expected. I was at a sports bar and the tackle looked ugly. Because there was no tv sound, I wondered what happened to Starks for the rest of the game. It was an uneasy game to be sure.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
The defense is so maddeningly inconsistent, though. How can you almost shut out the Vikings and hold one of the best runners of the game to just 51 yards, then give up 26 points to the Bucs and over 100 yards to Legarrette Blount?

In the first meeting this year, Petterson ran for 175 yards. After that dismal run-stop performance, our defense was commited to stopping him the second time around. Legarrette Blount and the Tampa running game in general is pretty damn good. I was impressed with their blocking and once Blount got into linebacker territory, it became a ride 'em cowboy to bring him down.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It felt like the Packers played awful today - and they still won by 9. I wouldn't count on such a performance winning against a better team... generally poor pass defense, plus with a chance to put the game away, the worst pass Rodgers has thrown all year long. But then he came through when necessary, with the clutch 3rd-and-4 TD pass. I'm worried, though, especially about Thursday's game.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The game from the stands looked off...it appeared Rodgers had a "bad game"..His throws seemed to be short..There wasnt to much wind but it was cold...Not chilly, but cold..

The defense really suffered...They truly miss Collins..

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game from the stands looked off...it appeared Rodgers had a "bad game"..His throws seemed to be short..There wasnt to much wind but it was cold...Not chilly, but cold..

The defense really suffered...They truly miss Collins..
I just looked into the game stats, and Rodgers was 3-9 on throws to Finley & Jennings. Those, obviously, are our key 2 mismatches usually. Tampa took them away pretty well, of course both guys got dinged up a bit as well, and Rodgers missed Jennings once deep, while Finley was wide open on that same play.

Finley also dropped that key, perfect pass on 3rd down.
Nick Collins was so underrated..... he was our Ed Reed.

Did anyone else think about him when Blount jumped over Williams today? He hit Tramon's head, the top of it... that's the same damn type of play where Jonathon Stewart hit Collins. What a tragic fluke that one was... this one could have been the same.

Rodgers is unhappy with the way he played today.
So is Crosby. Missed the FG, and also I don't believe he had any touchbacks.
We were lucky on the Masthay play early in the game after they stopped us on our first drive.

I'd say overall, we played a D+ game for us today.

Rodgers was off.... the running game never got going.
The pass defense made Freeman, Mike Williams, Kellen Winslow have their best games of the year.
The run defense was okay, but the one 55-yard Blount run was atrocious with 8 missed tackles, including 3 LBers.

Reaction score
The defense was atrocious. I for one am pretty scared. They don't look hungry and only seem to try to make big plays only to get owned in the middle every single time. Seven missed tackles on Blount? Are you kidding me?

Either way it's glad to be 10-0. But we need to be better than this or we're one and done in the playoffs. There are teams in the NFC right now hungrier than us.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly have to wonder if they didn't hold back today. It looked like they were a machine running on 60-75% power. This was not the same team that played the Vikings one week ago. That is clear. I think we kind of got used to our defense but I think it was a shock to some to see the offense not play lights out. It makes me think it was intentional on some level. Could they of just been playing enough to win the game and not go for the blowout? Maybe they wanted to conserve energy for the short week and they didn't want to risk injury. I don't know. Maybe they just had an off game, it happens. All I know is we can't play like that against the Lions and hope to have an easy game of it.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I honestly have to wonder if they didn't hold back today. It looked like they were a machine running on 60-75% power. This was not the same team that played the Vikings one week ago. That is clear. I think we kind of got used to our defense but I think it was a shock to some to see the offense not play lights out. It makes me think it was intentional on some level. Could they of just been playing enough to win the game and not go for the blowout? Maybe they wanted to conserve energy for the short week and they didn't want to risk injury. I don't know. Maybe they just had an off game, it happens. All I know is we can't play like that against the Lions and hope to have an easy game of it.
There definately wasn't the energy as in past games. Even the crowd was quiet today. It was a peculiar atmosphere in Lambeau Field but I guess that doesn't matter as long as we got the win.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The defense was atrocious. I for one am pretty scared. They don't look hungry and only seem to try to make big plays only to get owned in the middle every single time. Seven missed tackles on Blount? Are you kidding me?

Either way it's glad to be 10-0. But we need to be better than this or we're one and done in the playoffs. There are teams in the NFC right now hungrier than us.
Don't agree on several levels. Wasn't a dominating performance but I saw many plays that one more step would have changed the outcome in our favor. The was just one hell of a run by blunt. Chalk that one up to the new CBA and the limit on padded practices. less two people we have the same talent on D and we will get it together. Last year our offense could not complete games and our D had to finish the games. This year our O is finishing strong and our D is coming up when they need to. They Are pros, they play hard every game, there are no slackers on this team.

One and Done is always a possibility but we are 1o-0, only been done in 29, and 62, both championship teams. quit fretting like we were a lucky poorly coached team and were 7-3. This team has earned 10-0 and it will earn 11-0 next week. They may not be perfect but they get it done better than any other team in the NFL.

Keep Calm and Carry On

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Wow... could it be?!??! Seriously!? Making X amount of Packer fans nearly pass out,... blood pressure rise,... contentions happen ( don't touch me!)... just to conserve energy!?! Totally new concept to me,.. I think of them always playing lights out, but I'll be PISSED if they were holding back!!! lol... and So will hubby! :)

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
There definately wasn't the energy as in past games. Even the crowd was quiet today. It was a peculiar atmosphere in Lambeau Field but I guess that doesn't matter as long as we got the win.
I kept X-ing out of full screen to see if I had the volume up on blast.. .I did, and we both said that the crowd didn't seem as loud on the computer!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow... could it be?!??! Seriously!? Making X amount of Packer fans nearly pass out,... blood pressure rise,... contentions happen ( don't touch me!)... just to conserve energy!?! Totally new concept to me,.. I think of them always playing lights out, but I'll be PISSED if they were holding back!!! lol... and So will hubby! :)

Merely a hypothetical based on observations and past play. Something was off, I don't know if it's the Packers themselves or if they were holding back. Either way, I don't expect it to continue. I expect them to bring down the house on the Lions.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Merely a hypothetical based on observations and past play. Something was off, I don't know if it's the Packers themselves or if they were holding back. Either way, I don't expect it to continue. I expect them to bring down the house on the Lions.
Like I said.. totally new concept and possibility to me!! daaaaaayummm!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Is that what that noise is.... I swear!!! Seriously,...you gave me food for argument/ fun in my house!!!!!! totally new angle to argue!:sneaky:

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I have to wonder if TB benefited from our short weeks. 1. We were coming off a Monday night game, so had 1 day less to prepare. 2. We are going into a Thursday game against a division rival who is in second place. I have to believe that some of last week was spent preparing for the Lions game. I don't think for one minute that MM or any of the players were "looking past" TB, but there would be no adequate way to prepare for Detroit in the three days between games. This leads me to believe that they could not give 100% of their attention to the TB game.
I could be completely wrong, and if someone is familiar with the "inner workings" of coaching an NFL team I would love to hear their thoughts. I trust that MM will have the team well prepared and ready to take down the Lions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts