OFFICIAL TAMPA BAY GAME THREAD

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this game was iffy at the start of the season...I thought TB would be a little better..

But the Pack should get win #1, and I hope to see history...

If Rodgers goes at least 100 in rating it will be ten in a row and beat Peyton's record...He tied it last night

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just found out that it is my nephews 1st game..

In his defense he married my niece, used to live in St Johns Newfoundland...Only has been here for about 15 years...

So the Packers have to show him a good time

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I hate Tampa. Rodgers' worst games of his career have come against Tampa. And it doesn't matter that they're playing bad, they sucked in 08 and 09 and still lost.

I don't expect a loss, too much talent and at home, but with 3 games in 11 days, coming off a MNF romp against an arch-rival, and playing Detroit at Thanksgiving and after the Giants in NY, I fully expect a sloppy, hard fought game.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont see this team getting caught in a trap...Their mental make up has improved so much in the last 2 seasons...Maybe in 09 this could be a trap game, but not as long as MM and a few select players are still here

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see this team getting caught in a trap...Their mental make up has improved so much in the last 2 seasons...Maybe in 09 this could be a trap game, but not as long as MM and a few select players are still here
Yeah I agree, but, to this team, a trap game is a game that they play sloppy against an inferior opponent yet win by 7...

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score

I agree with this. Watching last night, the guys, lead by Rodgers, were having fun, playing relaxed, yet executing. They don't seem to be feeling pressure, so I don't see a letdown coming. The 3 games in 11 days may take a toll from a preparation and health standpoint, but I certainly hope not.

Elise

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going with 3 friends of mine!!! none of us have ever been to a game (i have taken the tour in the off season) and we want to make a sign for our first game.... Any ideas??

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Tampa Bay, much like Atlanta was very overrated going into the season.

Just look at their schedule last year. Wow, Atlanta really was a Super Bowl bound team at 13-3, I knew they were going to flop in the playoffs last year, and I wasn't surprised they flopped so far this year.

You can have a decent 10 win season when you play some of the worst teams in the league, where Tampa and Atlanta racked up easy wins, against the NFC West, and some games in the AFC North, but overall, that's not beating quality teams.

Josh Freeman was impressive against those crap defenses last year, but this year he's back to throwing interceptions, not a surprise, and Matty Ice can't even accurately hit deep passes, or Roddy White be able to catch while running his mouth.

The only team in the South that scares me is the Saints, and that's their offense only. Their defense let Atlanta rack up 472 yards before OT last week, and I've been saying it all year, that defense is going to kill that team like last year when they couldn't stop a team with a losing record in the playoffs.
The Panthers are bound to be a threat in years to come, but Atlanta will always be an average team in my eyes, and Tampa Bay and their thug style playing will be the bottom of the pit.

The one thing that does worry me about playing Tampa, is they play like thugs. I seen them play the Saints twice this year, and many times I felt like they were trying to intentionally hurt someone out there. Both times, there was a fight that broke out on the field. There was tons of shoving and pushing after tons of plays, they aren't a team that asks for flags like Philly, Atlanta, and Chicago, if you hit them too hard, or get up on them with 14 points or so, they start playing like thugs, as if hurting players is the only way to win. I have us winning this game by double digits, just because Tampa Bay sucks so bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get some late hits, and just stupid unnecessary roughness calls on them after we get up on their sorry *****, and they want to get physical.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Tampa may be desperate but they are not good enough IMO. They don't have a good pass rush or really are not doing well anywhere on defense.

Heck the Colts hung with them for a full game on MNF this year.

Packers will win.

Bogart is right though, try not to get caught up in their thuggish-ness and watch out when you have a lead (might be time to put Flynn in again if you get a big lead). They do get like this.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going with 3 friends of mine!!! none of us have ever been to a game (i have taken the tour in the off season) and we want to make a sign for our first game.... Any ideas??
Packerforum.com
LOL
I dunno. Maybe I'll chime in with ideas later.
But whatever you do, make it two sided for the fans behind you as well to see it.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score

How about a funny sign?

I would totally make a "I got punched by LaGarette Blount" sign.

But that's just me. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I hate Tampa. Rodgers' worst games of his career have come against Tampa. And it doesn't matter that they're playing bad, they sucked in 08 and 09 and still lost.

I don't think so. Both of Rodgers games vs. Tampa were @ Raymond James. We get them at home and Rodgers now is not even comparable to Rodgers 3 years ago, or even last year.

Homefield advantage I think gives us an edge with Rodgers playing lights out

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Tampa may be desperate but they are not good enough IMO. They don't have a good pass rush or really are not doing well anywhere on defense.

Heck the Colts hung with them for a full game on MNF this year.

Packers will win.

Bogart is right though, try not to get caught up in their thuggish-ness and watch out when you have a lead (might be time to put Flynn in again if you get a big lead). They do get like this.

That's correct, they play thug style football, probably cause their coach is one.

Saints at Buc's a few weeks ago. Play is called dead on Brees pass to Jimmy Graham, after the catch, Ronde Barber pulled his leg like he was trying to break it, after the whistle was blown of course, NO FLAGS for unnecessary roughness!

Buc's at Saints, lots of vicious hits after the whistle, particularly after Josh Freeman tried to fight with a defensive end that put him on the ground after throwing the ball. But this go around, the Buc's got all the flags for their late hits, unnecessary roughness, and thug style play trying to hurt people out there.

Then I wonder how Matt Schuab got injured against them, it was more than likely intentional.

A lot of people I know love to call the Steelers a dirty team because they hit hard, I don't think they are a dirty defense, they just try to hit you hard, the thing that bothers me is how the Steelers act like the NFL singles them out for fines, when it's really the other way around, their officiating crews are some of the worst I have ever seen.

If anyone gets out there and tries to actually hurt someone on purpose, it's Tampa Bay. Thankfully this game is Lambeau or I'd really be worried with the thug style ball getting out of hand on the road, cause the refs do favor them in Tampa.

Don't get me wrong, I do like physical defense and playing tough, but the way Tampa Bay does it is the wrong way. They probably were laughing about Sean Payton getting his knee blown out, cause that's how they are, THUG STYLE!

Members online

Latest posts