Official studs and duds - Bear game

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great offensive line play. We need it every week. The defense was stout against the run and the pass. We need it every week. Rogers was Rogers, like almost every week.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud - Me for staying up til 5am despite that rather pish second half
Aaron was outstanding, only made one mistake all night
Clay Matthews had a great game all night, maybe didn't always get the hit/sack but all action
nelson/cobb with a couple of great catches
but overall a good and solid team performance

Duds
MM for pulling AR too early
AR for letting MM pull him too early
the second half, i don't care if the games over, i want to see them humiliate any team regardless of the lead

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs (for the Packers): Jay Cutler and Marc Trestman.

Jay was Jay. No surprise.

Why did Marc Trestman abandon the run almost immediately? Not that I am complaining, but... thanks, Marc. Love you!

Wish we could play the Bears every week.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally, I'm not one to complain about play calling, but it's obvious the Bears had an awful run/pass balance from the start.

Forte killed us last game, we line up in passing defensive formations, and the Bears still pass 14 of 18 plays to start the game.

Probably would not have made a difference, but that was stupid.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds
the second half, i don't care if the games over, i want to see them humiliate any team regardless of the lead

Can you imagine if he got hurt being up the way they were? It was probably more likely since the Bears were disgruntled and more likely to deliver a cheapshot. I didn't really like how they let him play in the second half at all, let alone as long as he did.

Having said that, AR is a dud for not getting #7.... LOL

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs: offensive line and Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews on defense. O-line gave Rodgers the time to slice and dice, and Matthews/Peppers created backfield disasters that spooked Cutler badly. No duds this week.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you imagine if he got hurt being up the way they were? It was probably more likely since the Bears were disgruntled and more likely to deliver a cheapshot. I didn't really like how they let him play in the second half at all, let alone as long as he did.

Having said that, AR is a dud for not getting #7.... LOL
my comments are a bit tongue in cheek, i understand pulling important players at that stage of a game, especially when rodgers/matthews have had enough injuries and may be carrying a ****** here or there, though i may not agree with it. but it's no excuse for the rest of the team not putting in 100% for the rest of the game, made clear by the td return

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud- Sideline extension cord.

The Bears will probably try to sign it to a contract since it was their most effective defender all night....
And then an extension.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I stole those jokes

Reaction score
Stud: Dom Capers for pulling the trigger in the name of improvement and moving CM3 inside. Brilliant. Even though if it failed, he would've been heavily scrutinized. aND
Boykin on special teams kicking the ball before the punter. I got a real good laugh there.

Duds: I'm gonna call it what it is. Brad Jones looking lethargic on S.T. ... Again

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: some 80+ year old grandma seated several rows in front of me. Yelled 'look out Aaron! Someone is behind you!" when a bear DE tried to run around Bahk.

Only at Lambeau!

In her heart I think she thought Aaron would hear and step up into the pocket and hurry the pass.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers of course. Sitton and Lang. Clay and not just for his play at ILB – blowing up that reverse was beautiful. Capers for out coaching Trestman by several miles and again for trying something new (4-3, NASCAR). McCarthy for going for it on 4th down on the first drive – an analyst on Bear radio said he thought that was the turning point of the game(!) because the Packers were sending the message they didn't respect the Bears. McCarthy for calling a great game. The official on the first TD for getting out of the way! (He actually had the best coverage on that play.) Harris for running the ball with passion long after the game was decided. Lots of others.

Duds: The guy upstairs who told McCarthy to challenge that catch. I swear before they announced the catch would stand you could see McCarthy’s reaction to whoever told him to throw the flag. The guy upstairs: ‘Uh sorry coach, I guess that was a catch. Opps.’ :D

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs the bears for letting the pack ,run them home back in their cave pack showed no mercy in first half. Wish they would have done it the whole game. But I'll take the win it was one of the best games this year.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yeah. What happened to "punching them in the mouth?"
Would have been nice to see Flynn throw more or a TD.
Oh I agree, though I think the game was more than a punch in the mouth. In some sense I don't see McCarthy running up the score, though I really think that Flynn should of tried a TD pass.

Speaking of Flynn, is it sad Cutler has thrown more TD's for the Packers this season, with all the playing time Flynn has gotten. So Cutler gets a STUD ranking for the Packers second best QB this game.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers. Of course.
Receivers. Of course.
BOSTICK SIGHTING
McCarthy for being aggressive on 4th down at the goal line.
Clay Matthews at ILB
Julius Peppers. Made Cutler fumble the ball and from what I read, he made a great pregame speech to the team.
Defense as a whole. 2 interceptions, fumble recovery and good defense all night.
Offensive line for giving Rodgers a lot of time.
Eddie Lacy and the fact we are throwing screen passes now.

Duds:
When you are up 42-0 at the half, are there any duds on your team?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Why the bayers secondary ofcourse for covering NO ONE.

Duds: The media for suggesting that the Pack cheated by knowing all the bayer D calls.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Stud - Me for staying up til 5am despite that rather pish second half
Aaron was outstanding, only made one mistake all night
Clay Matthews had a great game all night, maybe didn't always get the hit/sack but all action
nelson/cobb with a couple of great catches
but overall a good and solid team performance

Duds

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs : We know them
Duds : Devon House -improves a little needs more work on coverage and (Tackling)
Special Teams- "REALLY" a kick off return to ruin a good night
MM- swallow the challenge flag
MM Number 2 Dud-these are "Da Bears" DIVISION RIVALS go Belicheck on them, had a chance to make a Bear rug with 60+ pts, you don't have to have starters in, but Harris and Starks would have been a better ground and pound, than a 1 0r 2 yd Kuhn run, MM pulled out the sympathy plays with him because feeding the Harris beast was a good bet for 62, running up the score is junk philosophy (stop them) or take your A**Wuppin..

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: OLIne, on that screen play TJ lang blocked like 4 people lol
Duds: Sam shields missed like 5 tackles and got stiff armed like 3 times lol

Members online

Latest posts