Official studs and duds - Bear game

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying Cobb for a stud all year. I snagged him in my fantasy draft and I figured he'd be fantastic this year.

Studs - Cobb, Richard Rodgers - only because I'm really waiting on a breakout game from him!
Dud- Jay Cutler. Has to be. It's just the way it is. :D

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud;Lane Taylor (if he plays)how is Lang doing anyway? Stud;Julius Peppers

H

HardRightEdge

Dud;Lane Taylor (if he plays)how is Lang doing anyway? Stud;Julius Peppers
Taylor is a reasonable dud pick if he plays. The Bears get a fair pass rush out of their DTs Ratliff and Paea, combining for 7.5 sacks so far. I'd expect he'd get some help from the backs. Getting the run going early to free up the play action would cover some sins. The fact Taylor isn't a very good run blocker makes that problematic.

Rodgers will be a stud. The odds are always with that selection. ;)

I had a sudden flash that Burnett will finally get a pick.

Shields typically owns Jeffery, like his little b*tch I seem to recall saying in the past. I'd expect the same if he's 100%.

With Martellus Bennett questionable, Cutler may have to lean on Forte even more in the passing game. That's saying something considering Forte's crazy Craig/Faulk-like receiving numbers...he's on pace for 116 catches for 980 yds. Considering he typically gives the Packers fits, we don't have a LB who can keep up with him, and the Packers' troublesome spates of lousy open field tackling, I'd expect him to do some damage. Certainly Capers has an answer for this threat. :confused: If he's kept out the end zone, it will likely be no-harm-no-foul in a certain Packer victory...I think. ;)

H

HardRightEdge

I think the following McCarthy quote during yesterday's press conference is worth noting:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/281936601.html

On [Sitton and Lang] playing through pain... "That’s pro football. They’re old-school pros. You don’t really wait around to feel good to play. If you think that’s reality, there wouldn’t be a lot of guys playing on Sundays. They fight through all the different levels of things they have to deal with. I think it’s a real credit to both those guys. That’s what you look for."

It sounds like he expects both to play on Sunday. I find that remarkable, especially in Sitton's case. Torn toe ligament, turf toe, whatever they're calling it...that's serious business. It's on his left foot which is his plant foot. It is still swollen and it's not expected to improve if he continues to play on it. I don't imagine we'll be seeing much power pulling this week from either of these guys.

Regardless of the outcome, here's two studs for you.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to see the replay again but It is entirely possible that Brad Jones broke his lane assignment on the Kickoff Return TD.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Jay Cutler for the int and a pick 6.
Someone who doesn't get enough credit around here and never will: Dom Capers.

Duds: Besides Da Bears, Chris Collinsworthless.
Says the pick 6 which bounced off a Bears helmet from the throw wasn't laughable.
Yes it was.
I was actually cracking up watching the replay.
And yet this A-hole snickers when MM trips over a cord interrupting Al Michaels going over coach's resume.

Going on about how the Pats/Colts will be a great game.
Is looking forward to the Lions/Pack game.
Heaping praise for the Lions.
He must have needed glasses at those points and didn't notice the great game going on in front of him.

He was going on as if he was a jealous whiner who the Pack traded away or something during one of their SB winning years.
I understand if an announcer is non-biased but it just seems like as if he let some hatred or bias towards the Pack still slip through even though they had an amazing blow out.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He must have needed glasses at those points and didn't notice the great game going on in front of him.

You do realize it's likely part of his job description to promote upcoming games for his employer, right?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize it's likely part of his job description to promote upcoming games for his employer, right?
OK you have a point there.

Still though, I wonder what he would have said for Da Bears if the scores had been reversed.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Studs: Jay Cutler for the int and a pick 6.
Someone who doesn't get enough credit around here and never will: Dom Capers.

Duds: Besides Da Bears, Chris Collinsworthless.
Says the pick 6 which bounced off a Bears helmet from the throw wasn't laughable.
Yes it was.
I was actually cracking up watching the replay.
And yet this A-hole snickers when MM trips over a cord interrupting Al Michaels going over coach's resume.

He was going on as if he was a jealous whiner who the Pack traded away or something during one of their SB winning years.
I understand if an announcer is non-biased but it just seems like as if he let some hatred or bias towards the Pack still slip through even though they had an amazing blow out.

Maybe Collinsworth is still butt hurt about his Bengals getting blow out at home on Thursday and looking like pretenders "Again" in prime time games.

Watching Culter tonight was giving him "Thursday nigh flashbacks" of Dalton.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK you have a point there.

Still though, I wonder what he would have said for Da Bears if the scores had been reversed.
I'm sure he would have pulled something out of his ***.

EDIT: wait a minute... *** is censored but not *****?:rolleyes:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. What happened to "punching them in the mouth?"
Would have been nice to see Flynn throw more or a TD.
I really wanted them to let Rodgers get the single game TD record. He wanted it too. Did anyone else notice the child-like grin when he was looking over to the sideline on his last play? It was obvious MM had called a pass play lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he would have pulled something out of his ***.

EDIT: wait a minute... *** is censored but not *****?:rolleyes:
The Packers were awesome. Probably their best game of the year. Especially regarding the rivalry and they are going to pretty much ignore it?
Whatever.
We got the win and no one, not even butt hurt Collinsworthless can take it away and the joy that goes along with it.
Thankfully this was the only game on otherwise they would have cut away to another game in progress.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers were awesome. Probably their best game of the year. Especially regarding the rivalry and they are going to pretty much ignore it?
Whatever.
We got the win and no one, not even butt hurt Collinsworthless can take it away and the joy that goes along with it.
Thankfully this was the only game on otherwise they would have cut away to another game in progress.
I'm really not sure why you're so concerned about Collinsworth anyway. What's it matter?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wanted them to let Rodgers get the single game TD record. He wanted it too. Did anyone else notice the child-like grin when he was looking over to the sideline on his last play? It was obvious MM had called a pass play lol
I suppose it was a wise move to take him out from what happened last year to him against Da Bears.
Don't want any angry Bears taking out the loss on him.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really not sure why you're so concerned about Collinsworth anyway. What's it matter?
I believe I already covered these things it in my earlier posts of #11 and #18.
But since you are getting me started again, just something about him irks me and he was getting all giddy in the previous Taints game when Rodgers hurt himself and how he wasn't doing as good.
If we get announcers who don't favor the Pack then they don't have to show it.
I don't know their names but I really like those two guys who have been covering the afternoon Fox games.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Jordy for delivering the most impressive block you'll ever see. How often do you see a WR outrun a RB from 20 yards behind to deliver the block that seals the deal on the TD. Jordy has all the heart you could ever ask for in an athlete.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another stud: Mike for not letting Peppers try another end zone catch. :roflmao:
I don't see any problem with trying it again. Reportedly, he had been very successful in practice with the play. Rodgers said after the game that he definitely threw it much faster than Peppers had ever been thrown to before, so he took some of the blame.

Members online

Latest posts