OFFICIAL 'SKINS/GIANTS GAME THREAD!!!!!

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I think you better get use to. It's likely we'll see the same scenario again next year where several teams @ 8-8 or 9-7 will be competing for the last playoff spot(s).

Question is,"will TT do enough this (3rd) off season to give the team the weapons they need to "get over the hump" or continue to sit back and rely on the draft to fix the team's needs?? One or two key moves are likely to make the difference.

P.S. I trust you saw the Giants running attack tonight? That's the type of running attack that will take you a long way. It all starts in the trenches. Fix the OL and the whole team gets better!

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, he still hasn't fixed the OL and until he does, this team will have problems getting much further.

The major signing of Woodson came as a last ditch effort. And even though it has been successful and improved the club, I'm still not sure the money spent was worth it in the long run? Could GB have gotten two players for the price of Woodson?? Maybe two players that might have not only improved the club, but would be here after Favre retires?

Believe me, I don't think I have all the answers. And, I know it's not easy putting it all together. I just don't like TT's attitude or approach nor all the folks who want to give him a pass at every turn.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Packers failed to convert two third-and-1s and a fourth-and-1 in the first half. "

And they did that all season long; they have to "get that fixed" and be able to run the ball effectively and on a consistent basis in order to turn things around and get past the better teams.

"As far as (a new) coaching staff and (rookie) players, frankly, those are excuses," McCarthy said.

See the difference. MM is willing to call it like it is and to be held accountable. That's what I'm talking about w/ TT; he just doesn't come across like that.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, he still hasn't fixed the OL and until he does, this team will have problems getting much further.

The major signing of Woodson came as a last ditch effort. And even though it has been successful and improved the club, I'm still not sure the money spent was worth it in the long run? Could GB have gotten two players for the price of Woodson?? Maybe two players that might have not only improved the club, but would be here after Favre retires?

Believe me, I don't think I have all the answers. And, I know it's not easy putting it all together. I just don't like TT's attitude or approach nor all the folks who want to give him a pass at every turn.

I think that there are very very few folks who want to give him free pass. i most all the packer fans that i know hate him. maybe he could've gotten a couple players instead of woodson, but i doubt it. as a storied franchise, we have a lot of things working in our favor, but one thing that we have working against us is that there aren't a whole lot of NFL players who want to live/work in the upper midwest, let alone superstar players who would be willing to do so. consequently, i think pulling in big name free agents is gonna be difficult. i do not think teddy is doing bad job, and i believe i'm in the minority, but i do stress that fixing this team is gonna take some time, and, for the most part, i like where we're going.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Packers failed to convert two third-and-1s and a fourth-and-1 in the first half. "

And they did that all season long; they have to "get that fixed" and be able to run the ball effectively and on a consistent basis in order to turn things around and get past the better teams.

"As far as (a new) coaching staff and (rookie) players, frankly, those are excuses," McCarthy said.

See the difference. MM is willing to call it like it is and to be held accountable. That's what I'm talking about w/ TT; he just doesn't come across like that.

he holds his cards really close to his chest. we all know that. it's tough for us spectators because we like to know what's going on at all times, it gives us a sense of control. i don't have complete faith in ted, but he hasn't given me reason to have no faith in him.

Members online

Latest posts