Official SB DVD goes on sale next Tuesday

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ABOUT TIME!!!!

I hope they have a lot of behind the scene stuff with guys mic'd up that we haven't already seen, and stuff from the locker room and sideline!

I love to listen to Greg Jennings!!! How can you not totally love that guy, anyone?

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
The link has a list of what is included on the DVD and there are some more special features.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Yeaaaaaaay!!!! Jess was right!!!

I'm so happy! :happy0005:

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't wait to get this! Super excited, as if I haven't bought enough things already lol

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Must... have... the Blu-Ray...

Next Tuesday's shaping up to be one of the best days of the year. Packers Super Bowl champs Blu-Ray and MLB 11: The Show comes out. I'm not exactly sure where I'll fit sleep into the schedule that day.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am looking forward to that video.

I walked past SB XLV t-shirts in a store yesterday and was amazed to see them on sale for $5.99 now, after selling for $19.99 after the game. Exact same shirts.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I'm really looking forward is, if there's football, the day before the season opener.

You know what airs on NFL Network the day before the opener? AMERICA'S GAME featuring the previous season's SB winner!!!!!!!! That show is absolutely brilliant, can't wait for it to air.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's nothing but highlights.

My father owned the Saints edition last season, and if you've ever watched America's Game, it's just like that. Not the full Super Bowl, and not full games.

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone produce and sell videos of the entire SB? I would like to think it would be available in its entirety. All that other stuff is great, but I want the game as much as or more than the hype.

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Nice! That may be more fun to watch than the Packers winning DVD; not as memorable or meaningful, but certainly a lot of fun.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Most of Peter King's MMQB is written by their guy covering the NFL/NFLPA negotiations but King squeezes this in:

The Super Bowl DVD of the Green Bay Packers comes out Tuesday, and there's good strategic and inside stuff in there. Such as the Steelers rallying in the second half, and Green Bay linebackers coach Kevin Greene talking to linebacker Clay Matthews before a crucial series with the momentum all Steelers, with defensive leader Charles Woodson out for the game with a broken collarbone: "Everybody looks up to Wood as being the leader," Greene says to his pupil. "He's gone. Nobody's rallying the troops. It is time. IT IS TIME.''

Matthews goes out to the field and, in the vital series, tells a teammate the ball's coming his way -- he can feel it. And here came Rashard Mendenhall, with Matthews sprinting at him. Big collision. Fumble. Packer ball. Momentum stemmed. "I read that!'' Matthews yells coming off the field. "I knew it was coming!'' Pretty good stuff in this DVD, but what else would you expect from NFL Films at the Super Bowl?

Last year, the Saints Super Bowl video had more of the inside, funny sideline stuff than this year's Packer DVD. You remember Sean Payton getting mad when he couldn't get the kind of gum he wanted. Well, I'll gladly trade Juicy Fruit for juicy stuff. There's a good bit of that in the NFL Films-produced "NFL Super Bowl XLV Champions: Green Bay Packers,'' to be released Tuesday by Warner Home Video.

My five favorite takeaways from the DVD:

1. Seeing how great Aaron Rodgers played in the postseason, especially in his 31-of-36 masterpiece against Atlanta in the playoffs, and some of his gems against Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. NFL Films did such an exquisite job capturing Rodgers throwing on the run in the second half against Atlanta. In super slo-mo, it's amazing to see how coolly Rodgers moved, and how on-target his on-the-run throws were. And the spirals. Perfect.

In the Super Bowl, on third-and-10 with six minutes to go and the Pack nursing a 28-25 lead, Rodgers ducked into the huddle and said, "We're gonna be champions tonight.'' He got the playcall on this third-down play from McCarthy, and zipped it about 30 yards in the air -- amazingly, barely touched by an outstretched fingertip of cornerback Ike Taylor. It landed right in Greg Jennings chest, and Green Bay drove to an insurance field goal. Beautiful throw. Quite literally, had it been one inch closer to Taylor, the ball would have been knocked away, and the Packers would have punted from their 25 with plenty of time for the Steelers to drive.

And let's say Pittsburgh would have taken over at their 35 with 5:45 left ... needing only a field goal to tie and send it to overtime. Instead of having to go 87 yards in two minutes for the win, Pittsburgh would have had to go 35 yards in five-plus minutes to force OT. Big difference there. Rodgers, over and over again, showed what a great difference-maker he was in the four postseason games.

2. Greg Jennings the leader, the playcaller, and the player. Early in the Super Bowl, Jennings and Jordy Nelson sat together on the bench, and Nelson told him in an exercised way how upset he was that Troy Polamalu blindsided him on a pass play with no interference called. (The replay showed he wasn't blindsided exactly, but he was hit beyond the five-yard bump zone for sure.) On the next series, Jennings found Polamalu on the field and yelled, "Don't you be hitting my boy cheap on that wheel route! He told me about it!''

That wasn't the best of it for Jennings. In the second half, with the Packers nursing a 21-17 lead, Jennings went to coach and play-caller Mike McCarthy and begged him to call the corner route in the end zone, because the Steelers weren't being consistent with their coverages in the corner. McCarthy, with 12 minutes left in the game and the ball at the Steelers 8, called it. And just like Jennings said, he was wide open, and it was an easy touchdown for Rodgers. When Jennings got back to the sideline, he found receivers coach Jimmy Robinson, who said to him: "God bless you, my friend! That's what a champion does -- he makes a play we gotta have.''

3. B.J. Raji's voice. The wonder of a child. On the bench in Texas, just before the Super Bowl started, he turned to defensive end Jarius Wynn and said: "Look around real quick. Think back to when you were a little kid, man. This is what dreams are made of.''

4. Clay Matthews is really good. Halfway through the video, I said to myself, "I may have thought too ******* defensive player of the year. Maybe I should have gone Matthews, not Julius Peppers.'' But postseason play doesn't count in the awards, so it's a bit unfair to be wowed by what a rusher does in the playoffs. Matthews is the genuine item, and will be for years.

5. The Steelers were just a little off in the Super Bowl. Troy Polamalu was ineffective, as he was throughout the playoffs. Ben Roethlisberger made a few terrific throws, but he might regret the Jarrett Bush interception in the second quarter for a long time. On the play, you can see Heath Miller free, with his hand in the air as if to say, "I'm open!'' But Roethlisberger forced it to Mike Wallace inside, and Bush read it right, and instead of Miller maybe rambling downfield for a score or a big gain, the ball was picked, and soon Rodgers threw another touchdown pass, and Green Bay was off and running, 21-3.

Members online

Latest posts