OFFICIAL RODGERS IS MVP THREAD

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be fine with sharing it with Rodgers and Brees. But giving it to only Brees over Rodgers is just an insult to Rodgers' hard work for more than a year.

You can't ask for a better season by a quarterback than Rodgers so if not now when are they gonna give it to him? When he breaks every record in the book by the 5th week of a season? Really?

So Brees broke the record by getting over 5,000 yards this season. You know who else got over 5,000? Matthew Stafford. So does that mean Stafford's in the run as well.

Another thing. If the Pack didn't lose to the Chiefs would we even have this conversation?

I look at consistency. Rodgers has been putting incredible performances for more than a year. Brees has been great no doubt, but he hasn't been putting up great numbers on the road. He struggles during certain stretches. They glossed over 2 INT the night Brees broke the record. Brees likes to throw....that's what the record says. Rodgers, pulling aside the Chiefs/Lions game has been consistently phenomenal all year round in passing, calling, and game play.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Rodgers it is. Brees is having an off night, 2 turnovers in the 1st half and a dang near INT just now. That is the one thing that separates Rodgers from Brees, turnover ratio. Rodgers just does not turn the ball over that much and when he does, it's something to remark upon.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The fact that this was a real debate baffled me to begin with. But, I had fun with it.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
The votes are for regular season only - they had to be in on Tuesday, right? It's been a done deal for days, I think.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees broke 10 or so records but his supporters fail to mention most of them will easily be broken within the next 5 years or even sooner. Like most games with 300+ yds, most games 350+ yds, most games 400+ yds, etc. With the League adapting rules to help elite QB. Rodgers, Brady, Manning coming back, Stafford, Rivers, Vick even Eli could break those records as early as next year. Rodgers 122.5 QB rating might take an entire generation later to be broken if not longer and although his 19 game win streak was not a record holder, might be a while before anyone replicates that performance. Aaron also outdueled Drew in 9 give or take depending on your stance of 16 games this year. I tried my best to look at it objectively. Plus 48 All Pro voters gave it to Aaron foreshadowing his MVP award. Hope he gets to add another Superbowl Title to his collection.

TheSaints7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that you have said "Drew Brees winning the MVP is a joke"...is a joke in itself. You must be crazy, not know anything about NFL or completely retarded to say that. He has had an amazing season. I am not saying that Aaron has not but the fact that you said Brees winning it is a joke is 100% retarded.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Needs to be brought back up..

How many YAC yards have Bress people got? Granted his numbers are insane, but yardage for q/b is based a ton on his wr

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYardsAfterCatch

Sproles is #2, Graham and Thomas are #17...So he has 3 players in top 17 in yac yards...Seems to be that his players gave him a lot of those yards and dont get credit for it...1654 yards

Packers have none in top 20

Jordy is #21 and that is the ONLY Packer in top 40..Next is Jennings at 51...

To further solidify the point that pure passing yards have a lot to do with the WR ..

Brady was #2 in yards...His players were #1, #4 and #9 in YAC

Stafford third in yards....Players #8 and #24 in YAC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now if you go by % then Brees has more input with that stat..Although his players need to catch them...We saw the Packers drop a ton of balls this year that hurt Rodgers #

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

GB is 5th
NO is 15th
NE is 27th

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is why I believe that just pure yardage and to a certain extent, % completion isnt a true indicator of being MVP

TheSaints7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And also you stated that Rodgers is more important to the Packers than Brees is to New Orleans. Oh my word, are you mentally stupid? Brees helped the Saints break many records this season as well as breaking many him self. Even Matt Flynn scored 6 TD Passes. That shows that anyone, even a backup QB can start for Green Bay. Without Brees the Saints would not be where they are today. Jesus. Go read a book.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And also you stated that Rodgers is more important to the Packers than Brees is to New Orleans. Oh my word, are you mentally stupid? Brees helped the Saints break many records this season as well as breaking many him self. Even Matt Flynn scored 6 TD Passes. That shows that anyone, even a backup QB can start for Green Bay. Without Brees the Saints would not be where they are today. Jesus. Go read a book.

Warning for your insults

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The fact that you have said "Drew Brees winning the MVP is a joke"...is a joke in itself. You must be crazy, not know anything about NFL or completely retarded to say that. He has had an amazing season. I am not saying that Aaron has not but the fact that you said Brees winning it is a joke is 100% retarded.

1st post and calling people retarded? I already warned you for your 2nd post..I know you probably dont give a rats butt, but please stop from the insults

But know this..People that are mentaly challenged sometimes have more sense then people that act like you...

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
First, I would bet anything that if you asked Brees which receivers he prefers he would say his. Second, at least consider the inconsistency of your premises -- Brees is valuable because he helped his team break records; Rodgers is not valuable because his team helped him break records. Seriously? You can't have it both ways. If Rodgers' team helped him break records, you have to be honest enough to admit that Brees' team helped him break records (to the best of my recollection Brees did not complete even one single pass to himself oh, and before you hammer it, I readily admit that Rodgers did not either). If you want to say Brees helped his team break records then you must likewise be intellectually honest enough to admit that Rodgers' helped his team to break records. Did the receivers make Rodgers look good? At times, and at times he made them look good. Did Brees make his receivers? At times, and at times his receivers made him look good.
I would tell you to go read a book as well, but the last thing we need is one more Saints homer reading some more fiction so that he can attempt to write it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Even the Packers back up QB put up better stats against the Lions than Brees did either time he faced them. And we know how obsessed Brees is with his stats.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only gripe/argument I have is the people that are saying brees is padding his stats. He was only up 10 yesterday and the defense is going to expect run on these situations. Why run it for -1 yard when your passing all day has worked? I think its great playcalling, the people we should be blaming is not the saints and their coaches, but the defenses that are letting this happen. If your a fan or a qb would you want your qb to throw it to the guy whos open for 40 yards or 2 yards at the end? The gmen were actually just passing the ball up 20 points late 4th so alot of teams do it, just not the saints. Also I remember a year or 2 ago, people were bashing Mccarthy for not putting his foot on the pedal and stop using the formula of run,run,pass. Which he has we have been putting it to people this year when we have the chance. I think were just being to biased on the saints, if it was us doing the same exact thing, we wouldnt mind it. The only time we started pulling players was later on in the season when we almost had everything wrapped up. Im a diehard packer fan, I dont have much respect for any teams in the league, but I do have some respect for brees. Hes having an awesome year, I wouldnt be mad if he won the M.V.P but he probably wont. Like I said regular season awards dont mean to much, its all about that Superbowl M.V.P which there wont be any controversy over who wins that. Rodgers will walk away with that once again for a 2nd straight year, putting him into the talks of which he could go down as the best quarterback ever.. Wait and see..

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers got like 47 of the 50 votes for the All-Pro team.
He's a lock for MVP based on that alone.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even the Packers back up QB put up better stats against the Lions than Brees did either time he faced them. And we know how obsessed Brees is with his stats.

Well, you really don't know that -- but what the heck, make something up and declare it to be true.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess you didnt catch FX, when he isnt obsessed with his own stats he is obsessing over his teammates.

I guess Drew was supposed to be the one person in the Superdome who was unaware that Sproles was within a few yards of breaking the single season record for all purpose yards.

Members online