OFFICIAL RODGERS IS MVP THREAD

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers 45 TD's, 6 Int's, 4643 yards, 122.5 QB rating
Brees 41 TD's, 13 Int's, 5087 yards, 108.4 QB rating

I just have to ask; which of these numbers would be indicative of "value?" The only one in which Brees is the leader is in total yards passing. IMHO that is the least indicative of a quarterback's value.

You left out Completion %. Brees has that one too. But trust me, I get your point. I'm just putting my finger to the wind and what I'm hearing and reading is a lot of MVP talk about Brees.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I could have included that, but since it is factored into the QB rating I left it out. Also, it would be second least indicative. Lot's of QB's dump off short passes and passes in the flats and have good completion percentages.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers gets it i think it'll have (obviously) the most to do with TD passes. But I also think the 6INT's will play an important part. To have only 6 INT's in a season on a very pass heavy team is quite an accomplishment. You can even look at a couple of those and say they weren't his fault.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Rodgers 45 TD's, 6 Int's, 4643 yards, 122.5 QB rating
Brees 41 TD's, 13 Int's, 5087 yards, 108.4 QB rating

I just have to ask; which of these numbers would be indicative of "value?" The only one in which Brees is the leader is in total yards passing. IMHO that is the least indicative of a quarterback's value.

Tom Brady is only 190 yards behind Brees right now. He could break the record again this week.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Go is not spelled GEAUX, that is not spelled DAT but MVP is spelled Aaron Rodgers! Drew Brees has more passing attempts which leads to him having more yards and yards per game. Also, Brees hasn't had to sit in 4th quarters like Rodgers. Brees didn't even sit when they blew out the Colts 62-7! If Rodgers had played full games he could have easily shattered Marinos record! Rodgers is only 2% shy of a 70% completion rate. Rodgers has a better yard average per pass, has more touchdowns, less interceptions and has a higher QBR... How is he not the MVP? Also, his team is 14-1 and went on a 19 game win streak to include beating Brees and the Saints while defending their Super Bowl title. Not to mention he has done this with a non-exsistant running game, 31st ranked Defense and key injuries to his offensive line. Drew Brees makes a good argument and should be lauded for breaking Marino's recored but the proof is in black and white! Aaron Rodgers will be the NFL MVP and could possibly add another Lombardi Trophy to the Packers Hall Of Fame!

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, now I'm hearing and reading that it could be a co-MVP! I wouldn't be surprise if NFL did this.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Well, now I'm hearing and reading that it could be a co-MVP! I wouldn't be surprise if NFL did this.

That's a fuking rip. Splitting an MVP award is bogus. Look at the stats and the W/L record and what these guys are working with. The choice is obvious. Rodgers is the MVP.

More TD's less, interceptions, higher QB rating, almost as many yards as Brees in less pass attempts, first in scoring, no defense, no offensive line for over half the season, 14-1. How is this even a debate?

Brees has thrown for more yards and that's the only think he has over Rodgers

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
If it is the MOST Valuable Player there can't be two of them. IMO Co-MVP is a cop-out to whiny Saints fans.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
No way is there a Co MVP. Bree's will be second but there is no doubt who is first. If Aroge plays what?? 9 games in a dome does he break the record??. 14-1 says it all, along with everything else. Can't be helped if his O line got busted up.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the coach hoodie goes and lets Brady pass for 500 yds to break this record and shut everyone in New Orleans up that is making such ridiculously big deal over this. I highly doubt they would stop the game, have a huge celebration, take photos and then resume the game.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is the MOST Valuable Player there can't be two of them. IMO Co-MVP is a cop-out to whiny Saints fans.

But there have been past Co-MVP's:

1997: Bret Favre & Barry Sanders
2003: Peyton Manning & Steve McNair

All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the coach hoodie goes and lets Brady pass for 500 yds to break this record and shut everyone in New Orleans up that is making such ridiculously big deal over this. I highly doubt they would stop the game, have a huge celebration, take photos and then resume the game.

This could happen and I'm sure Brady and Belichick are going to try but Sean Payton will also try not to let it happen. Which is why I think Brees will be playing probably into the 3rd quarter or half way through the 4th (especially if by some miracle Rams pull an upset lol) and as usual lots of passing!! Should be interesting to see who will own it at the end of the day on Sunday.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
But there have been past Co-MVP's:

1997: Bret Favre & Barry Sanders
2003: Peyton Manning & Steve McNair

All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Ugh.

Colts even SWEPT the Titans that year. And Brady was third in voting.

I would rather Aaron loses it straight out then share it.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This could happen and I'm sure Brady and Belichick are going to try but Sean Payton will also try not to let it happen. Which is why I think Brees will be playing probably into the 3rd quarter or half way through the 4th (especially if by some miracle Rams pull an upset lol) and as usual lots of passing!! Should be interesting to see who will own it at the end of the day on Sunday.

I don't mean to be rude but I love how the Saints/Patriots are so concerned with passing yard records......

Both the Panthers and Bills have issues stopping the run. If I was both teams I would get more run heavy to lesson the chances of hits on my QBs but I don't think either team will do this.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude but I love how the Saints/Patriots are so concerned with passing yard records......

Both the Panthers and Bills have issues stopping the run. If I was both teams I would get more run heavy to lesson the chances of hits on my QBs but I don't think either team will do this.

Yeah, I doubt the Pats will do it. I can see the Saints doing it because their running game has been great but I can still bet on pass happy Peyton calling lots passing plays!! I'm sure Mr. Brady wants to make a statement b/c he doesn't want to be forgotten! :D lol

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been lifted very early in at least two games. Brees will have played 11 of 16 games indoors. 4 of the remaining 5 have all been in warm weather stadiums. The one northern stadium he played in was at Lambeau on opening weekend and I believe the temperature was approx 65-70 that night.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many of these polls is espn gonna do? This is like the 3rd one in 2 days about the same thing! lol

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night they had who deserves MVP: Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. Rodgers and Brees were tied at 46% each and Brady had 8% lol

Earlier they had 10 candidates and they asked you to ranked them in terms of MVP: Rodgers, Brees, Brady, A. Foster, and forgot who else... oh and they had ROMO on there lol that should tell you what a joke that was! lol

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sproles was an option???? and he was 2nd in votes behind Brees. The Saints/Brees and Saints Nation are quickly becoming more annoying than Tebow coverage.

12theTruth

I mean sure Brees had a great year but Brady will also break Marino's record. Not quite as special with that in mind. I've watched alot of live sports over the years and the only person I rank above A. Rodgers for equisite performance is Michael Jordan. I mean Rodgers is throwing like NO ONE has ever thrown before with AMAZING consistency.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're gonna give it to Brees, trust me on this. Everyone is joining the bandwagon after this week. If Brees throws for 300 yards next week and Aaron sits the second half, Brees will get it.

Kurt Warner said that Rodgers is having a better season than Brees and yet he ranks Brees #1 and Rodgers #2 on his list of top QBs for the year. See what I mean?

12theTruth

They're gonna give it to Brees, trust me on this. Everyone is joining the bandwagon after this week. If Brees throws for 300 yards next week and Aaron sits the second half, Brees will get it.

Kurt Warner said that Rodgers is having a better season than Brees and yet he ranks Brees #1 and Rodgers #2 on his list of top QBs for the year. See what I mean?

Nope. Adam Shein and his partner on Sirius are lock stock and barrell for Rodgers ( I think they both said they have votes) . I've heard several others state that Rodgers is still a comfortable distance over Brees. As a matter of fact, I think Madden may have a vote and he thinks Rodgers deserves it. Madden however thinks that it shouldn't be voted on until the playoffs are over.
s a

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The MVP has been a popularity contest these past few years. Whoever the media backs up. Eh. I still say they will do a Co-MVP thing.

Members online

Latest posts