OFFICIAL RODGERS IS MVP THREAD

KCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see a Co-MVP being given to Brees and Rodgers. While the award is to be given whoever is most valuable to their team, I think a lot of people vote differently and give it to the player that was the biggest playmaker or hottest name of the season. I think there will also be some carryover from the Super Bowl run. I think it would be hard for people to not let other things outside of their regular season performance influence their vote.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
A-Rod will be the hands down MVP. If he had a coach who's philosophy was not to run the ball and eat the clock when you have the lead in the game as opposed to continue to pummel teams with the air attack even if they are hapless and you are ahead by 60 points A-Rod would have broken the record too. Who led their team to a 15-1 record? who didn't lose a game for a year? Interception ratio...... Just because he had one bad game (the team had one really bad game) after what was an emotionally gut wrenching week. Bree's is great in his dome.

Reaction score
I could see a Co-MVP being given to Brees and Rodgers. While the award is to be given whoever is most valuable to their team, I think a lot of people vote differently and give it to the player that was the biggest playmaker or hottest name of the season. I think there will also be some carryover from the Super Bowl run. I think it would be hard for people to not let other things outside of their regular season performance influence their vote.
It's most likely not going to happen though. The only way it would happen is if the votes are tied between Rodgers and Brees.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you buy into the talk of Rodgers being a system QB then you should be willing to admit Mike McCarthy is the greatest coach in the NFL if he can build a system where the best player in the league sits and the back up plays and sets NFL records.

AaronShockley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you buy into the talk of Rodgers being a system QB then you should be willing to admit Mike McCarthy is the greatest coach in the NFL if he can build a system where the best player in the league sits and the back up plays and sets NFL records.
System QB isn't a bad thing lol. Tom Brady is a system QB, so is Peyton, and Brees. Brees was a little above average in SD, but he went to NO and set up his own offense and now is great. Every person has that one situation they perform best under, in all aspects of life.

Doesn't take away from Rodgers amazing season. You still have to stand in the pocket and make the throws, and 45 TD's isn't anything to sneeze at.

AaronShockley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he wins by a lot. I don't think those who vote can put Brees down instead of Rodgers unless there's a personal beef. The media likes to make things a story, and they didn't have much of one. They took the Brees passing record (which is sofffft) and made it seem like so much more than it was.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
System QB isn't a bad thing lol. Tom Brady is a system QB, so is Peyton, and Brees. Brees was a little above average in SD, but he went to NO and set up his own offense and now is great. Every person has that one situation they perform best under, in all aspects of life.

Doesn't take away from Rodgers amazing season. You still have to stand in the pocket and make the throws, and 45 TD's isn't anything to sneeze at.

System QB term is a swipe at the QB saying anyone else could step in and do the same. Its not a compliment.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
This is what Chris Collinsworth said today on The Dan Patrick Show:

"I get an AP vote and that’s how I voted(voting for Rodgers). I did hesitate because of what Drew Brees did statistically and because of what Tom Brady did with a lot of issues on the defensive side for his team. I feel pretty good about the ways things went that Aaron Rodgers was the pretty clear cut choice."

AaronShockley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
System QB term is a swipe at the QB saying anyone else could step in and do the same. Its not a compliment.
I know it's not a compliment, I'm saying its a stupid slam, all greats have played in one system. What will really hurt Rodgers is if Flynn goes somewhere and kills the whole year. Although I hope he does.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know it's not a compliment, I'm saying its a stupid slam, all greats have played in one system. What will really hurt Rodgers is if Flynn goes somewhere and kills the whole year. Although I hope he does.

One SAMPLE isnt enough to judge Flyyn on...

Why doesnt anyone mention the PAt game from last year? He did toss an int and didnt win the game..My guess is because it doesnt support the system q/b argument

AaronShockley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One SAMPLE isnt enough to judge Flyyn on...

Why doesnt anyone mention the PAt game from last year? He did toss an int and didnt win the game..My guess is because it doesnt support the system q/b argument
Problem is he played well then too lol. One interception in two starts with like 8 TD's is pretty darn good.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not that worried about the perception of my QB, I think thats more of a thing the Favre faithful obsess over.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Problem is he played well then too lol. One interception in two starts with like 8 TD's is pretty darn good.

But no one said a word about the system after the Pats game..We all noticed he was okay and gave us a little confidence in knowing he could be a player if Rodgers went down

There is a reason the Pack got rid of Brohm who was a 2nd rounder and kept the 7th rounder Flynn

Flynn is good....

AaronShockley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn is damn good. He will make a team better at the QB position. As long as its not an NFC team I'll be supremely happy. If it is NFC I'll have to route cautiously. Haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts