OFFICIAL RODGERS IS MVP THREAD

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot of nonsense about Drew Brees being a serious MVP candidate and that he could win it over Rodgers. Needless to say, the idea of Drew Brees winning the MVP is a joke.

The MVP of the National Football League is Aaron Rodgers, and it's not even close. You can talk about Drew Brees and how he's likely going to break Marino's Passing Yard record until you are blue in the face, but at the end of the day Yards Passing are irrelevant, they don't get you into the end zone and they don't win you games.

When you sit back and look at both the Saints and the Packers, it's clear as day to see who is the better player and who is more valuable to their team.

Drew Brees has, easily, one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. The man barely gets touched. We like to talk about Tom Brady having a great offensive line and all day to throw, but what about Brees? He's pitching tents back there while his receiving corps, the best in the league second only to Green Bay gives him plenty of targets to choose from and we all know Brees is not afraid to chuck it. Not to mention a talented backfield with Sproles, Ingram and Thomas. He's under center throwing the football 40, 50 sometimes 60 times a game. It's no wonder why he's on pace to break the passing record.

Rodgers on the other hand is not in such an ideal situation. Since week 5 in Atlanta, Rodgers has been operating under a patchwork offensive line that has gotten more beat up with each passing week. Rodgers also has an atrocious run game and his starting RB James Starks has been dinged up all season, and even when he hasn't been is still only rushing for about 50 yards per game. Certainly doesn't help in taking pressure off him or establishing any type of balance on offense.

And if all that weren't enough to make Rodgers' life hard, he has perhaps the most pitiful defense in the league, only to be outdone by New England. Putting Rodgers in the constant position of having to score 30 points a game just to pull out the win. And doing that is much more impressive than he gets credit for, because the GB Packers receivers drop A LOT of perfectly thrown balls.

All this aversity Rodgers faces in comparison to Brees and he's only had one truly bad day in a loss to Kansasy City. If it were anyone else under center for the Packers, they'd be in a coma and the Packers would have a losing record.

He has more TD Passes than Brees, Less Interceptions than Brees and his team has more wins than Brees. Rodgers has all the relevant stats that matter - Scoring and Wins. He leads the league in both.

Rodgers is the undeniable Most Valuable Player. Brees shouldn't even be in the conversation, in fact one could make a better case for Brady being the MVP before Drew Brees

no homer
hatersgonnahate
inb4 longtimefan

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get sick of this crap that Rodgers is no longer in consideration because he had one bad game against KC. Just ridiculous. If you're going to hold Rodgers accountable for KC, then you have to hold Brees accountable for losing to the Rams, a much worse team than the Chiefs.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to think that voters look at just who it was that had a bad game in KC. Hard to judge how well the QB played when the o-line turns in a performance like the Packers' last week.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodger's is m.v.p. for the green bay packer fans.At least we know what Rodger's is up against I still think he will get it.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Drew Brees is a great QB don't get me wrong. He's one of the elite. But in all honesty, I think you can even make a case for Tim Tebow being the MVP before Brees.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Drew has been sacked over 20 times this year.

I think people just don't want to admit he deserves an MVP vote, and it's always some excuses to down the guy. So if he does win it this year, I'll be expecting more threads like this.

I laughed at this write up. Brees has average WRs with the exception of Graham and Sproles and you're saying Tebow has a better shot at MVP than Brees? Where's your respect?

If Brees does win it, he deserves it. Higher completion percentage, shot to break more records, and on top of that I have to hear people *****ing about how he don't deserve it. I watch the Saints every week and Brees is like a surgeon on the field. It's really funny to me the people that talk **** about him don't even watch the Saints, yet love to bring up the Rams game or the Tampa Bay one. Those Saints fans on here could easily constantly throw the Chiefs game up, or better yet the tons of games this year where our offense has been out gained because our defense is total crap.

Brees is really the underdog. He's 11-3, Pack is 13-1, and people talk like Brees is some lucky bastard in this league cause they don't want to accept he is really good, and possibly deserves an MVP. If he wins, he totally deserves it. he has played lights out this season.

Why do people worry about the MVP anyway? No one gave a **** about the pro bowl snubs last year. I didn't hear a word about people saying Rodgers was snubbed for Ryan last year in the Pro Bowl. You should be more worried about the Super Bowl rather than *****ing about how much you hate the Saints and Brees. Oh god Brees is going to win the MVP, we're done!

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't think you'll get much argument on this site lol.

Brees is an incredible QB, but yes, Rodgers wins it hands down. I get tired of hearing about how great Brees has been playing for the last 5 or 6 weeks. I always say, great, Rodgers has been playing great for 13 weeks. Brees benefits from a great o-line and a top 10 running game. Also, so much of Brees yardage comes from dumpoff passes to sproles that he just takes the distance. How often does Rodgers ever check it down to a back? Almost never.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew has been sacked over 20 times this year.

I think people just don't want to admit he deserves an MVP vote, and it's always some excuses to down the guy. So if he does win it this year, I'll be expecting more threads like this.

I laughed at this write up. Brees has average WRs with the exception of Graham and Sproles and you're saying Tebow has a better shot at MVP than Brees? Where's your respect?

If Brees does win it, he deserves it. Higher completion percentage, shot to break more records, and on top of that I have to hear people *****ing about how he don't deserve it. I watch the Saints every week and Brees is like a surgeon on the field. It's really funny to me the people that talk **** about him don't even watch the Saints, yet love to bring up the Rams game or the Tampa Bay one. Those Saints fans on here could easily constantly throw the Chiefs game up, or better yet the tons of games this year where our offense has been out gained because our defense is total crap.

Brees is really the underdog. He's 11-3, Pack is 13-1, and people talk like Brees is some lucky bastard in this league cause they don't want to accept he is really good, and possibly deserves an MVP. If he wins, he totally deserves it. he has played lights out this season.

Why do people worry about the MVP anyway? No one gave a **** about the pro bowl snubs last year. I didn't hear a word about people saying Rodgers was snubbed for Ryan last year in the Pro Bowl. You should be more worried about the Super Bowl rather than *****ing about how much you hate the Saints and Brees. Oh god Brees is going to win the MVP, we're done!

I don't think anyone thinks Brees isn't playing great, he would absolutely be the MVP, if it wasn't for Rodgers.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't think you'll get much argument on this site lol.

Brees is an incredible QB, but yes, Rodgers wins it hands down. I get tired of hearing about how great Brees has been playing for the last 5 or 6 weeks. I always say, great, Rodgers has been playing great for 13 weeks. Brees benefits from a great o-line and a top 10 running game. Also, so much of Brees yardage comes from dumpoff passes to sproles that he just takes the distance. How often does Rodgers ever check it down to a back? Almost never.

Actually, according to some statistics i found on the pats forum:

brees has dumps about 35 % of his passes

rodgers 20 %

brady 10 %

I agree that brees gains a TON of yardage by those dumpoff passes.

Nonetheless, brees is certainly deserving of MVP (so is tom brady). However, rodgers is the CLEAR MVP

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers deserves it and will win it but to say its not even close is a little off base. :)

Merry Christmas
GO PACK GO

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I laughed at this write up. Brees has average WRs with the exception of Graham and Sproles

Whatever you say, chief. Colston is a very talented legit possession receiver, Lance Moore is also a very versatile weapon at slot receiver for their offense, and Meachem and Henderson are in the same skill category as someone like James Jones or Deion Branch. Try to dumb down other players to strengthen your argument? I should be asking you where your respect is, and your brain. For someone who claims they watch all the games it sure as hell doesn't seem like it,

and you're saying Tebow has a better shot at MVP than Brees?

Yes. Broncos were not even in the conversation for a winning season let alone playoffs until Tebow took over. Now they are in the race to win the division.

Where's your respect?

lol give me a fuking break. Just because I said Brees isn't an MVP candidate doesn't mean I don't respect his skills as a QB. He's an elite QB. I've never suggested otherwise.

But you and every other retard bringing up breaking the yards passing record as a reason why he should win it, is just ridiculous. How does passing for more yards make you a more valuable commodity to your team? Is it putting points on the board? Is it helping your team win? No.

Rodgers is working behind a patchwork offensive line with no rushing attack and crap defense and he's still playing better than Brees.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
If Rodgers played in a dome he might already have 50 td's. We would be watching relapses of last years playoff game in Atlanta all year long.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever you say, chief. Colston is a very talented legit possession receiver, Lance Moore is also a very versatile weapon at slot receiver for their offense, and Meachem and Henderson are in the same skill category as someone like James Jones or Deion Branch. Try to dumb down other players to strengthen your argument? I should be asking you where your respect is, and your brain. For someone who claims they watch all the games it sure as hell doesn't seem like it,

Yes. Broncos were not even in the conversation for a winning season let alone playoffs until Tebow took over. Now they are in the race to win the division.

lol give me a fuking break. Just because I said Brees isn't an MVP candidate doesn't mean I don't respect his skills as a QB. He's an elite QB. I've never suggested otherwise.

But you and every other retard bringing up breaking the yards passing record as a reason why he should win it, is just ridiculous. How does passing for more yards make you a more valuable commodity to your team? Is it putting points on the board? Is it helping your team win? No.

Rodgers is working behind a patchwork offensive line with no rushing attack and crap defense and he's still playing better than Brees.

i agree with this. The OL of the packers has been atrocious.

The saints have a top 2 OL (most likely number 1 in the league)... the packers on the other hand... 20?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Aaron is #1. His body of work this year has just been remarkable. The Packers also have beaten some playoff teams in the NFC and also have the head to head win over the Saints. Also if not for Rodgers they don't win that game against the Giants.

And as much as it pains me to say this after today's games I am becoming more convinced this Pats team would maybe be almost as bad as the Colts without Tom Brady. This is not the 2008 Pats coming off a 18-1 season with a veteran loaded team. I might move Brady to #2 now after seeing the Dolphins game. Brady might have had a good case this year if he did not have that bad second half in Buffalo or had beaten the Steelers. I also am not convinced this Pats o line is as good as it used to be either at times. Brady has taken some good hits this year.

Brees has a better o line then the Packers/Patriots IMO.I am almost dying to see a Saints at Niners game since I want to see how that elite D does against that O. The run game is better then the Pats or Packers. And I feel like a hypocrite using the dome thing against Brees since thats the same argument people have used against Peyton in the past. But, this Saints team has had a cushy schedule in terms of playing conditions big time this year. And another prime time game at home Monday night.

With the Pats I would say their D is probably the worst overall though. As bad as the Pack D has been at times they still have a few legit/elite play makers like Clay and Woodson who can take over any game. I am not sure the Pats D has those types of guys this season but they sometimes get lucky.

And lets not forget about the Pack o line at times this year and the injuries. Sure Aaron is mobile but the dude doesn't have wings.

BTW the original poster is not giving enough credit to the Bucs defense. They are clearly trying to out suck every other D as the year goes on more and more.'

And for the record I like Brees and think he is terrific. I think I am putting him at #3 now though behind Rodgers then Brady.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Drew Brees is a great QB don't get me wrong. He's one of the elite. But in all honesty, I think you can even make a case for Tim Tebow being the MVP before Brees.

Well I don't think I would go that far lol. The MVP for the Broncos this year has been lady luck and the run game. Old lady luck loves them some Broncos this year. Despite a loss to the Bills they are still sitting pretty thanks to a Lions beat down over SD.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this week's games will be the deciding factor. If Rodgers goes out against the Bears and has a great Rodgers-like performance, he's got it. If Rodgers doesn't and Brees plays lights out against the Falcons on Monday night, he's got it.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Totally? More than Rodgers? Actually it's not like you say. For the last 2 weeks the Brees' bandwagon has been getting more and more crowded and Rodgers is being treated like 2nd or 3rd behind Brees and Brady.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think this week's games will be the deciding factor. If Rodgers goes out against the Bears and has a great Rodgers-like performance, he's got it. If Rodgers doesn't and Brees plays lights out against the Falcons on Monday night, he's got it.

That would suck if thats the case. It's totally ignoring the body of work from an entire season. I mean on one side you have Rodgers in the cold vs. his biggest rival who happens to have a top defense. Half his receivers might drop passes, Jennings is out and the team might be taking fan volunteers to play offensive tackle.

And then you have Brees indoors at night against also his biggest rival but a softer defense. The Saints at home at night have been pretty ridiculous this year on offense.

I still think Aaron wins it and should have a good enough game tomorrow at home but the o line injuries are a bit concerning. But, if by some reason he does lose it to Brees then I think that will only fuel him more for the playoffs, especially if they played the Saints. Aaron strikes me as a vengeful guy.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jules: The reason why I say that is that Rodgers hasn't been great the last few weeks and winning against the Bears and securing HFA in ROdgers-like fashion would be a needed statement.

But TBH I agree. Let Brees win the MVP if that's the way it's going to go. More motivation for Rodgers.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think the Pack win vs. the Bears at home. And I do hope Aaron has a good game but TBH I am more hoping to just protect Aaron and see the D have a good game vs. an anemic offense. Thats more important to me then seeing Aaron light it up a la Brees at night on prime time. I would like to see some general team improvements and a win more then just the Rodgers air show actually. I know what Aaron can do already.

A losing situation. On one side side yes I want Aaron to win MVP and he does deserve it IMO. But, on the other side it's not as important to me as I thought it was. Peyton Manning has won 4 MVPs and in not one of those MVP seasons did he go on to win a SB.

Has Brees really nudged up that high in the standings in the minds of voters? Is he making that strong of a push? Stay tuned.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron is #1. His body of work this year has just been remarkable. The Packers also have beaten some playoff teams in the NFC and also have the head to head win over the Saints. Also if not for Rodgers they don't win that game against the Giants.

And as much as it pains me to say this after today's games I am becoming more convinced this Pats team would maybe be almost as bad as the Colts without Tom Brady. This is not the 2008 Pats coming off a 18-1 season with a veteran loaded team. I might move Brady to #2 now after seeing the Dolphins game. Brady might have had a good case this year if he did not have that bad second half in Buffalo or had beaten the Steelers. I also am not convinced this Pats o line is as good as it used to be either at times. Brady has taken some good hits this year.

Brees has a better o line then the Packers/Patriots IMO.I am almost dying to see a Saints at Niners game since I want to see how that elite D does against that O. The run game is better then the Pats or Packers. And I feel like a hypocrite using the dome thing against Brees since thats the same argument people have used against Peyton in the past. But, this Saints team has had a cushy schedule in terms of playing conditions big time this year. And another prime time game at home Monday night.

With the Pats I would say their D is probably the worst overall though. As bad as the Pack D has been at times they still have a few legit/elite play makers like Clay and Woodson who can take over any game. I am not sure the Pats D has those types of guys this season but they sometimes get lucky.

And lets not forget about the Pack o line at times this year and the injuries. Sure Aaron is mobile but the dude doesn't have wings.

BTW the original poster is not giving enough credit to the Bucs defense. They are clearly trying to out suck every other D as the year goes on more and more.'

And for the record I like Brees and think he is terrific. I think I am putting him at #3 now though behind Rodgers then Brady.

I agree with 100 percent of this post. Being that you are a colts fan, i am actually surprised you have brady 2nd in MVP this year (same as me). I agree completely that the patriots this year would be REALLY BAD without brady. 2 wins bad? Probably not, but i cannot see them winning more than 5 games. The O-Line has been pretty average this year..... and that has effected brady's game to an extent.
I just hope the O-Line can get healthy so that we have a legit shot at the AFC title game.

Brees has a top 2 O-Line in the league... a legit running game... AND he plays in a dome.

I would love to see how brady performs (and rodgers) if they had dome games all year long.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree jules that if rodgers has to lose the MVP so that he can get to the SB, than SO BE IT.

MVP meanings NOTHING if u don't win the SB IMO (or atleast make it that far).

Imagine rodgers losing the MVP to brees... than playing the saints in the NFCG and lighting them up.

He sure would prove who the real mvp is..

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts