Official Reggie Bush Thread

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we might as well please gakk and make this the official d'angelo williams thread now cuz bush is no longer an option. i can't see houston winning 2 games in 3 weeks.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
we might as well please gakk and make this the official d'angelo williams thread now cuz bush is no longer an option. i can't see houston winning 2 games in 3 weeks.

yeah our win tonight i think puts us out of the bush sweepstakes...we still draft top 4-7, but this puts a damper on the reggie bush talk

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we're currently 4th. a NO win will put us at 5th. i'm really hoping that was the last win tho cuz another win could drop us as low as 12th and i don't want to suffer thru a miserable season and not get a top 5 pick.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
IPBprez said:
DePack said:
Bush is 6' 0'' 200 lbs. Not 180. If I HAD to compare him to any NFL great back, it would be Marshall Faulk.

Hey DePack - wouldn't you call Marshall Faulk an astro-turf Running Back?

I've seen several reports about Reggie Bush comparing him to (oops) Gayle Sayers... that Bears player. Several others compare him to other Backs from even earlier - - what I want to see.. is how he would do without such a great O-Line... that would tell you allya need to see - like Barry Sanders, a Back who could make something out of just about nuthin'..... Barry could run on any surface... Isn't Reggie and Barry about the same size...?

barry 5-8 200........reggie 6-0 200

Barry Sanders playing height / weight was 5' 8" and 203 lbs.

bleedinpurple

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Vikes fan I wish to congratulate the Packs on last nights win. I also want to thank you for taking your selves out of the Reggie race. This year the pack can't even loose right!!!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bleedinpurple said:
As a Vikes fan I wish to congratulate the Packs on last nights win. I also want to thank you for taking your selves out of the Reggie race. This year the pack can't even loose right!!!

The Reggie Bush race was over, Houston has the #1 pick locked up and we weren't getting a shot at him period.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChuckSTG,
That's my point. I'm not saying Bush isn't as good as he looks but what kind of year would Calhoun or Williams have had in the USC backfield AND what kind of year would Bush have had playing behind STocco?
I will say this since there are bets out there available before the season regarding making the playoffs, etc. so if Bush ends up on a team with a lousy offensive line and poor running stats those out there that think he's all it would take can make those bets. Just remember that he is going to break the bank and that lousy team won't be able to get what they need in other areas. If the Pack can pick up a few quality players in the draft and a quality FA( which cannot happen signing one of the top few picks) I see them back in the playoffs and the team that puts all their eggs in the Bushel basket not.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bleedinpurple said:

yah, wee caint evun loose rite...duh :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Packers win all the rest of their games, they need that confidence especially amongst the rookie players...Packers always play to win, it would have been nice getting Reggie Bush, but I think Gado will turn out great for us, hes a good kind man and he works hard...I even got his autograph and he was so kind to everyone...GO PACK!!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Reggie Bush is hyped up. What are his stats between the tackles? Running to the outside doesn't last forever in the NFL.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals might have made the draft and the Reggie Bush sweepstakes more interesting by losing to a bad Houston team today. Houston still has to play the 49ers, so one of those teams will have at least 3 wins. I still want the Packers to win though regardless of the draft.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
bleedinpurple said:

The Reggie Bush race was over, Houston has the #1 pick locked up and we weren't getting a shot at him period.

the race was over and houston had it on lock? had the correct call been made and the gado play ruled a safety vs the lions, we would hold the #1 draft selection right now. as it stands now, sf and houston need another win. 1 will come in the last week. hopefully one will come in week 15.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone had to do this...

schedules ...

Houston = Jax, @ San Fran
Jets = Patriots, Buffalo
New Orleans = Detroit, @ tampa
San Fran = @ St. Louis, Houston

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Someone had to do this...

schedules ...

Houston = Jax, @ San Fran
Jets = Patriots, Buffalo
New Orleans = Detroit, @ tampa
San Fran = @ St. Louis, Houston

Houston can beat SF
Jets can beat Buff
NO can beat Det
SF can beat StL and Hou

Sooooo if SF beats StL and NO beats Det in week 16 and then Hou beats SF and the Jets beat Buf in week 17 and GB loses to Chi and Sea.......It's Reggie Bush Time!!!!!!!! lol

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, based on strength of schedule, the Packers would select 3rd. Here is the top 5 in the draft as of today:

1 Houston (2-12) - S.O.S. (.546)
2 San Francisco (2-12) - S.O.S. (.587)
3 Green Bay (3-11) - S.O.S. (.510)
4 N.Y. Jets (3-11) - S.O.S. (.531)
5 New Orleans (3-11) - S.O.S. (.531)

Assuming the Packers lose out (based on last nights performance, it seems likely), the only real competition in the Bush Sweepstakes in Houston and SF. They play each other, so one of them will have 3 wins (unless the unlikely event of a tie occurs). I think our best shot to get Bush would be if Houston can beat SF, and SF beats St. Louis. It doesn't help GB that they play Chicago and Seattle, because it will boost that .510 up a bit. But the Jets and Saints play decent teams and the Texans and 49'ers are quite a bit ahead in percentage. If we do end up losing out, here's what the standings could look like:

(in order for this to work this way, you'd have to assume the s.o.s. rankings don't change)

1 Green Bay (3-13)
2 Houston (3-13)
3 SF (3-13)

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
We don't need Reggie Bush. He would be great, but I think we'd be fine without him. We should start an AJ Hawk thread.

How about a Mario Williams thread too?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are currently(before Christmas game) in the #3 draft position but depending on the winner of the Houston/San Francisco game are likely to find themselves in the #2 position.

They should be able to work a trade from the #2 to trade Matt Leinhart or the pick to the Jets(#4), Ravens(#13), Dolphins(#15), Chiefs(#18), or Cowboys(#19). Who all have need of a QB. I would prefer it not be the Cowboys.

The likely trade would be for a 2nd round pick. The packers use a second and trade one for 2 #3's. Use 1 or 2 and trade one for 2 #4's, use one and trade for 2 #5's etc. They could get 11 picks.

The Packers strength of schedule will go up a bit due final games with Chicago and Seattle.

KYPackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

rluzinski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check this out. You can use the spreadsheet to figure out all the possible draft positions for the Packers:

LINK

My best guess is still #4.

The spreadsheet uses a macro to sort the draft order, so if you have high macro security on, it ain't going to work. You'll have to turn it down to medium or sort it manually. If you do it manually, be sure to sort by winning % first, then SOS (both ascending).

Let me know if there are any questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts