Official Reggie Bush Thread

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want to talk about RB? Do it here! No more new topics about him in the regular thread area!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH --- j/k

I asked a question earlier which spoke about how you measure Reggie Bush against all other "all-time" greats... Here's a list of the top of my head, from "my" lifetime....

• Jim Brown
    Gayle Sayers
    Paul Hornung

So - who would any of you compare this guy to......?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we're annointing Bush as the next NFL great way too fast. He certainly appears to have the potential to be another Barry Sanders/ Gale Sayers, but as my college coach used to say...

"potential means you haven't done it yet."

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
reggie Bush is an exceptional collegiate athlete. He also is very small in stature and is around 180 lbs. He may make in the NFL, he may not. Lendell White on the other hand is a bruiser and a safer pick at a #4 spot, and more likely to be successful in the NFL, JMO.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW on Potential vs Reality: A son asks his dad about the difference between Potential and Reality. The dad says, "go ask your mom, sister and brother if they would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Once you have your answers come back to me and I'll tell you". The kid does this and asks the question to his mom, sister and brother. He finds his dad and says that all of them, the mom, sister and brother all said that they would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. With this information the dad looks at his son and says," O.K. so here's the difference. Potentially we are sitting on 3 million dollars. The reality is that we are living with two ****** and a ***."

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you wanna get technical, white has no more chance to be successful than reggie. they may be great they may bust. i think reggie is the greatest college athlete that i have seen in my 15 or so yrs watching college football. GB can keep taking the losses and draft him. damn houston for blowing the lead to stl and damn nugent for not getting the jets the win.

hitking2456

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie Bush is really just a faster LaDanian Tomlinson, which is really good. Imagine what that could be like next season if Favre comes back. Favre, Bush, Javon Walker, and Donald Driver, holy crap! If only the Texans would win some more games.

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah read on some other thread about his size. Look at Tiki Barber and Warrick Dunn. Both Small backs who are pretty productive in the nfl.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you fellas are tired of my old line, but what the heck! I have few doubts that Bush will make it in the big show. Lots of talent. And if all the Packers need is a great RB I'm all for Bush. The problemis that we have weaknesses all over the field and only 5 draft picks available. We need to turn his one pick into 2 or 3 more. With the depth of talent coming out this year, we could hit pay dirt by trading down. Barry Sanders was great but he didn't make the Lions into champions. Bush can't either. He'll be exciting but he'll need good blocking like every other RB. Will the Pack be able to give it to him? Only if we get 2 good guards and a center. Where will they come from...our 5 picks? Not likely.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good point grandpa, but we've had pretty good luck picking offensive linemen in the missle to late rounds...ala..Mark Tauscher.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are we forgetting about FA???? we don't need to fill every spot with a pick. screw this trading down crap. use later picks for that. draft a playmaker for once.

how many titles you think barry sanders would have had with a hall of fame qb?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
are we forgetting about FA???? we don't need to fill every spot with a pick. screw this trading down crap. use later picks for that. draft a playmaker for once.

how many titles you think barry sanders would have had with a hall of fame qb?

Exactly, pick a once in a lifetime playmaker if you can. I don't know how Bush will fare in the NFL but you can't draft that way. All indicators show he's going to be a superstar and the Packers should not pass on him.

I wonder why this subject gets locked onto one thread but other posters can bring up the same "Fire Sherman or Sherman Sucks" and it is left to be spread about every thread like it's supposed to be there...whatever works, I guess.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Bush is 6' 0'' 200 lbs. Not 180. If I HAD to compare him to any NFL great back, it would be Marshall Faulk.

Hey DePack - wouldn't you call Marshall Faulk an astro-turf Running Back?

I've seen several reports about Reggie Bush comparing him to (oops) Gayle Sayers... that Bears player. Several others compare him to other Backs from even earlier - - what I want to see.. is how he would do without such a great O-Line... that would tell you allya need to see - like Barry Sanders, a Back who could make something out of just about nuthin'..... Barry could run on any surface... Isn't Reggie and Barry about the same size...?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right you are,DePack, about Tauscher. No other team thought he'd be worth drafting. But,believe it or not, I'm STILL sore about Mandarich. Every team thought he'd be a star, too. Crap shoot, for sure. Still, with the draft being full of good prospects at positions where we need help, I'd love to get 3 guys instead of one. TT had better wear his fire-proof underwear no matter which way he decides to move. If we keep losing, he'll be on a real hot-seat.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
DePack said:
Bush is 6' 0'' 200 lbs. Not 180. If I HAD to compare him to any NFL great back, it would be Marshall Faulk.

Hey DePack - wouldn't you call Marshall Faulk an astro-turf Running Back?

I've seen several reports about Reggie Bush comparing him to (oops) Gayle Sayers... that Bears player. Several others compare him to other Backs from even earlier - - what I want to see.. is how he would do without such a great O-Line... that would tell you allya need to see - like Barry Sanders, a Back who could make something out of just about nuthin'..... Barry could run on any surface... Isn't Reggie and Barry about the same size...?

barry 5-8 200........reggie 6-0 200

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any GM that has the opportunity to draft Bush and trades him for picks needs to be fired immediately. He IS more picks. He plays RB, WR, and KR/PR. You want to give away a superior talent for a higher quantity of mediocre players? Quality over Quantity, every time.

can_of_corn21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
White MORE LIKELY to suceed in the NFL than Bush, and a safer pick..................SHARE SOME OF WHATEVER YOU ARE SMOKING WITH ME PLEASE!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speed is speed. I don't buy the astroturf vs. real grass argument. There may be something to it because everybody mentions it, but if your faster than everybody else on astroturf you're going to be faster than everybody else on grass too. If you remember the Notre Dame game at South Bend, ND left the grass long to try to slow down Bush, it didn't really help at all.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, TOPF...skeptical until Fresno, however...

As has been alluded to, if the Pack would have the #1, it might be better to have 2-3 1st round caliber players rather than just a reggie bush, and I get the impression TT thinks like that.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Speed is speed. I don't buy the astroturf vs. real grass argument. There may be something to it because everybody mentions it, but if your faster than everybody else on astroturf you're going to be faster than everybody else on grass too. If you remember the Notre Dame game at South Bend, ND left the grass long to try to slow down Bush, it didn't really help at all.

Hey DePack? It's the zig-zag factor.... never leave that out - will ya?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Calling Bush a Barry Sanders is premature but, I think, based on what I've seen, he is the REAL thing.

If he does come to GB, he will prolong the careers of everyone involved... IF he stays healthy enough to play.

Members online

Latest posts