1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Official RB Johnathan Franklin thread

Discussion in '2013 Draft Archive' started by PackFanNChiTown, Apr 27, 2013.

1. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm really excited the Pack picked up Franklin, I can't remember the Packers having a back w his skill set of speed and catching ability. Rodgers has never had a RB threat he can dump it off to when no ones open. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm, but I can't wait to see what he does for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +488
    Franklin is going to be a good addition for us... along with Lacy we can actually say we might have a running game... dont forget how productive Harris was at the end of the season... plus all of them can block... especially Green on 3rd down!!! Im too excited!

3. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    People are comparing him to Warrick Dunn. Franklin could steal the job, wouldn't shcok me either as he's got solid skills.

4. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Good pick. I too am excited to have him. :tup: Gives us a change of pace back. Good backup for Lacy.

5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013

who's to say he doesn't beat out Lacy??

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +842
    I think they will both be used. There isn't a "starter" designation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    He may especially given the fact that Lacy has some injury concerns. But assuming Lacy is healthy I think he starts.

8. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    I actually prefer Franklin over Lacy. That's just me tho, it's hard to overlook a guy rushing for over 1,700 yards against good compettion on a not so good football team. Lacy is a good football player don't get me wrong but like three of his o linemen went pro as well as the tightend. I watched a couple UCLA games and there wasn't to much to write home about in regards to Franklins o-line.

9. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Idk man, Franklin is a player..should be good comp. Havn't been excited about our run game in years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I never agreed with the ones (here on this forum) that said a running game was unnecessary in today's NFL. The lack of recognition of how important it was to have a running game so teams couldn't just focus on the passing game was mind boggling to me. McCarthy clearly tired of seeing the two deep zone defense and no way to combat it. Hopefully either Lacy or Franklin will remedy that problem.

11. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    These guys are going to be coming in and out all game based on down and distance, packages, game situations. I know the coaches think both could be an every down back but their skill sets are so much different it would be a shame not to exploit their differences to keep defenses guessing.