Official RB Eddie Lacy thread

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think it makes sense to release Kuhn, but it has nothing to do with the acquisition of Lacy for me. If Kuhn were a great lead blocker that would be one thing but he's not IMO. If he could not only catch the ball out of the backfield but then make someone miss or run over someone on even a semi-consistent basis, that too would be one thing but he doesn't. He does well protecting the QB on third down, but the reason it doesn't have anything to do with RBs IMO is TEs can fill the role of lead blocker and "safety valve" at least as well or better. As long as they find one who can pass block adequately, they have already used TEs lined up in the backfield. And while Kuhn's $2.5M cap it and salary with likely to be earned bonuses is about $2.35M isn't a disaster, why not save that money for little or no less production?

I agree. I like hearing lambeau scream KUUUUUUUHHHNNN as much as the next guy. But what he brings to the team now a days isnt 2.5 mil worth of running into the backs of OL on a "sneaky" counter handoff on 3rd and 1.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yup. Green can block on 3rd down, Lacy grabs short yardage, Williams and Taylor already bumped Kuhn off lead blocking, and all of the above plus Franklin can checkdown. He's a 3o year old non FB and entirely expendable. It's a business.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres 2.5 million reasons to release Kuhn. I love the guy's heart but how many fullbacks make 2.5 mil a year? i know he contributes on special teams but that role can be filled by one of the younger cheaper guy's.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling this is gonna be a great year for the Packer
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts