Official RB Eddie Lacy thread

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we've gotten some good players at those spots. My guess is that Teddy wants to get some depth at DL, OL, and S or WR. Could probably use another CB as well.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This pick excites me very, very much. I loved watching Lacey play in college.

Can we finally put an end to Starks being on the team?

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have read he misses holes sometimes and doesn't have the greatest vision. With this team's poor run blocking our running backs better have great vision and be able to hit that hole hard. If his lack of great vision is true this scares me a bit. Ultimately I still like the pick just not sure if it is the home run I initially thought it was.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im still on the fence on the pick. Excited for what upside he has. If he can find the hole and fall into it for 4ypc I'm happy. I can dig him and Du juan harris tandem. I'm glad he didn't come to us in the 1st. A lot less pressure coming out of the 2nd. Maybe give the guy a chip on his shoulder. I know I wouldnt want a 230lb pissed off dude running me down.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I thought we'd have to trade up to get him. I was kinda worried Atlanta would take him right before us since they just let Turner go.

Good to see we got a ton of picks left. But IDK about anyone else but there doesn't seem to be a lot of value left in the draft.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we'd have to trade up to get him. I was kinda worried Atlanta would take him right before us since they just let Turner go.

Good to see we got a ton of picks left. But IDK about anyone else but there doesn't seem to be a lot of value left in the draft.

Value at this point means the media made a big deal out of someone and the GMs didn't feel the same way and that player dropped. Real value is a Donald driver where you pick him up at the end of a draft and he contributes for a decade. I'll wait n see, but you never know where you will find value in a draft.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Value at this point means the media made a big deal out of someone and the GMs didn't feel the same way and that player dropped. Real value is a Donald driver where you pick him up at the end of a draft and he contributes for a decade. I'll wait n see, but you never know where you will find value in a draft.

I haven't been following this draft class like last year admittedly. I could be wrong

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't been following this draft class like last year admittedly. I could be wrong

You just never know in those later rounds. I haven't seen tape on many of the non big 10 guys. The top of the draft looked weak but hopefully we steal in the late rounds.

Maybe Ted will splurge on a kicker! :)

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
You just never know in those later rounds. I haven't seen tape on many of the non big 10 guys. The top of the draft looked weak but hopefully we steal in the late rounds.

Maybe Ted will splurge on a kicker! :)

I was actually hoping Stedman Bailey would keep falling. But once again that ******** Jeff Fischer steals a guy I want.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I believe we still have enough holes to fill that we should have kept our 3rd rounder, especially with our lack of activity in FA, but then again what do I know. I would have liked it better if we had a higher pick in the 4th round but we have two 4th and two 5th so we'll see what Ted can make happen.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love this pick. Never thought TT would pull the trigger on a RB. But glad he did on Lacy. For all the reasons I wanted S. Jax, I like Lacy. He's a tough, physical runner that breaks tackle and gets the extra yards. Yet, he's elusive enough to make people miss. He will be huge for us in short-yardage situations. No more Kuhn dives (hopefully)! Also, what shouldn't be overlooked, he has minimal wear-and-tear after being in a time share all three years at Bama. Here's a full recap of what exactly he can bring to this team and a preview of tomorrow's festivities with TEN fricking picks! http://wp.me/p29VCs-hP

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like lacey, w 10 more picks left...I wonder if a flyer on Lattimore is possible, maybe we can find some gems, if not competition

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He straight ran over SEC defenders
http://packersinsider.com/?p=5398

Lacy's O-Line this year had 2 first round picks, plus Barrett Jones at center who was an All-American and whom many Packer fans would like us to take tomorrow.

A pair of 2013 first-round draft picks, guard Chance Warmack and tackle D.J. Fluker.
Lacy averaged 4.2 yards before contact last season and made it at least five yards past the line of scrimmage before being touched on nearly 36 percent of his rushes.

No matter what, health, etc. he's never ever going to see holes like he did there.
Maybe once a month. I mean one CARRY a month will he see holes like that. This offensive line is offensive, and I doubt they'll be adding improvements tomorrow.

Maybe we can do what Miami failed to do, and get OT Brandon Albert from Kansas City?

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta say Eddie is a prototype back that played against some good Defenses in the SEC. Wish he was a half step quicker/more explosive. He'll do well, but we're gonna need to bolster the line a bit for him to be a great back.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://packersinsider.com/?p=5398

Lacy's O-Line this year had 2 first round picks, plus Barrett Jones at center who was an All-American and whom many Packer fans would like us to take tomorrow.

A pair of 2013 first-round draft picks, guard Chance Warmack and tackle D.J. Fluker.
Lacy averaged 4.2 yards before contact last season and made it at least five yards past the line of scrimmage before being touched on nearly 36 percent of his rushes.

No matter what, health, etc. he's never ever going to see holes like he did there.
Maybe once a month. I mean one CARRY a month will he see holes like that. This offensive line is offensive, and I doubt they'll be adding improvements tomorrow.

Maybe we can do what Miami failed to do, and get OT Brandon Albert from Kansas City?

Allow me to point out the obvious omission in Seifert's blog post: Since Lacy averaged 7.6 yards per carry last season, that means he averaged 3.4 yards after contact. In the SEC.

Who said they expect Lacy to have massive holes to run through in GB? Either way, the kid is a load that runs angry. At #61, I like it.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question for you all:

Do you think Lacy's injury status is a serious concern? Bob McGinn seems to think so and so do many others. As I understand it, injuries were the major reason why other teams went for the 3 backs ahead of him.

McGinn's analysis is kind of funny, and I don't always trust what he has to say, but he is the best beat writer on the Packers, and I have to admit, his opinions of last years's 2 top draft picks were mostly on the mark. He was lukewarm about Perry because he thought that Perry wasn't a good fit at OLB, had a so-so motor and would be a project. He was even more negative on Jerel Worthy for not having a good motor at all. He saw too many plays that Worthy took off. Fraid he hit the money on Worthy. McGinn's point back then was that the Packers needed guys who gave 110% and didn't take plays off. Don't remember what he said about Hayward, but I think he was ok with the pick.

Lacy's injuries worry me. If he can recover and be 100% by training camp I'll be very relieved.

M

mayo44

I like lacey, w 10 more picks left...I wonder if a flyer on Lattimore is possible, maybe we can find some gems, if not competition

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't mind seeing one of those 10 picks spend on Knile Davis now. Davis is either going to be a boom or a bust, and with Lacy in the fold and 10 picks, we can afford a chance on him with one of those 6th rounders if he's still there.

M

mayo44

Question for you all:

Do you think Lacy's injury status is a serious concern? Bob McGinn seems to think so and so do many others. As I understand it, injuries were the major reason why other teams went for the 3 backs ahead of him.

McGinn's analysis is kind of funny, and I don't always trust what he has to say, but he is the best beat writer on the Packers, and I have to admit, his opinions of last years's 2 top draft picks were mostly on the mark. He was lukewarm about Perry because he thought that Perry wasn't a good fit at OLB, had a so-so motor and would be a project. He was even more negative on Jerel Worthy for not having a good motor at all. He saw too many plays that Worthy took off. Fraid he hit the money on Worthy. McGinn's point back then was that the Packers needed guys who gave 110% and didn't take plays off. Don't remember what he said about Hayward, but I think he was ok with the pick.

Lacy's injuries worry me. If he can recover and be 100% by training camp I'll be very relieved.

Don't worry about it. Lacy is tough. He's a bruiser. He doesn't have to be 100% to be effective, just like Emmitt Smith and Thurman Thomas. Those guys always played a little banged up and they played well. Injuries are part of the job description for RBs and Lacy's injuries were nothing out of the ordinary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts