Official Post-Game Thread

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another good thing: Justin Harrell got in on some plays. He deflected a pass, although he unfortunately got called for a blow to the head of the QB that was probably one of those ticky-tack calls (CBS neglected to show a replay). Harrell also made at least one tackle for no gain on a running play. He is holding his own in there and gaining valuable experience.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell GETTING to the quarterback is enough to make me smile. Him hitting him when he gets there makes me smile bigger.

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Another good thing: Justin Harrell got in on some plays. He deflected a pass, although he unfortunately got called for a blow to the head of the QB that was probably one of those ticky-tack calls (CBS neglected to show a replay). Harrell also made at least one tackle for no gain on a running play. He is holding his own in there and gaining valuable experience.

Yes!

I was wondering if someone else had mentioned Harrell.

I noticed him a couple of other times besides the two plays you mentioned above, and I saw him hold his ground.

He did what he was asked to do, him and Pickett should be a great duo for running downs next year,

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
cheesey said:
tromadz said:
Al Harris rebounded well too
We DO need to remember.....this WAS only the Raiders. But it's a sweet win! And Chicago is NO LONGER defending division champs! They have been unseated!

The thing is, you beat weak teams by 21+ points. If you barely beat a team like the Raiders, that's a bad sign.
I agree Zombie! That 14-7 halftime score had me concerned. But we really went to town after that.

Once again, MM made the necessary halftime adjustments. He saw that Favre was struggling, so called some easy passes that allowed the receivers to make some YAC, and Favre got his rhythm back. If Packer WRs excel at anything, it's 2 things:
1) catching the ball (something we may take for granted but some teams don't have),
2) YAC

Once Favre got his rhythm back, he started completing some of the more difficult passes as well.

Man, I'd so much love to see MM get coach of the year. He's been spectacular this year.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Greg C. said:

Yes!

I was wondering if someone else had mentioned Harrell.

I noticed him a couple of other times besides the two plays you mentioned above, and I saw him hold his ground.

He did what he was asked to do, him and Pickett should be a great duo for running downs next year,

Harrell doesn't get moved around easily. he's as strong as an ox. I think the most underrated aspect of the Green Bay Packers is our DL. We have one of the best DLs in the NFL, and nobody knows about it.

Coltsgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on your victory today... even tho I didn't get to watch it, I was wearing my #4 jersey to help a little :)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, MM made the necessary halftime adjustments. He saw that Favre was struggling, so called some easy passes that allowed the receivers to make some YAC, and Favre got his rhythm back.

That same thing has happened once or twice before this season. I still can't figure out why it didn't happen in the Dallas game, but hopefully McCarthy and Favre have learned their lesson. If Brett is off his game early (and/or the receivers who go deep are double covered) throw the short stuff. It's like when a basketball player is off with this jump shot, so you try to get him some layups or free throws to get him in the groove.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I'm glad the Raiders didn't challenge Blackmon's TD punt return........it was pretty obvious he went out of bounds.
Lucky for us!!! :D

As bad as the refs were for us against Dallas, they were bad for the Raiders today. They blew that call and also an offensive pass interference on the Raiders that was a b.s. call.

Zombie:

The Raiders getting screwed by the Refs is the norm. The get screwed every week. Today actually was not as bad as normal.

It is a vindictive bull-sheet agenda the N.F.L. has against Al Davis and it has been going on ever since he sued the N.F.L.

It did not matter though. The Packers are a far better team than the Raiders in every area of the game except punting.

This Packer Team is Special.

R.P.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings catch was the sexiest thing ive seen since antonio freemans monday night miracle catch. He laughed at the guy covering him.... stared him down to the ground then trotted into the endzone... sick.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
tromadz said:
We DO need to remember.....this WAS only the Raiders. But it's a sweet win! And Chicago is NO LONGER defending division champs! They have been unseated!

4thand26 won't be seen this week. lol. He has to take his flag down.

I still have a month with the Flag, before I try and return it and get my money back. In the mean time, you will still need to refer to them as DEFENDING NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS. Please be respectfull.

And I am here. I couldnt find the hole that you crawled into after the bears beat gb earlier in the year, otherwise I might take a few days off. lol.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was fun to watch.

post-game questions
1. are people going to finally stop asking "are the packers for real?" of course, these quieted down later in the season, but resurfaced a little bit since the cowboys game.
1a. similar to 1., are people going to finally stop asking, "is ryan grant the real deal?" or saying "the packers have still yet to prove themselves at running back."

Dont need to prove **** at running back, we do what works for us, all proving does is gives film for other teams to study.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings catch was the sexiest thing ive seen since antonio freemans monday night miracle catch. He laughed at the guy covering him.... stared him down to the ground then trotted into the endzone... sick.

Did Jennings really say in a post game interview that he laughed at him?

He must have said that he laughed? Because I had the T.V. up loud and I could not hear him laugh when he made the catch so he must have said it to the press.

I thought Jennings had more class than that?

That is very disappointing. He should be more humble, and not become a cocky T.O. like W.R.

R.P.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
cheesey said:
tromadz said:

I still have a month with the Flag, before I try and return it and get my money back. In the mean time, you will still need to refer to them as DEFENDING NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS. Please be respectfull.

And I am here. I couldnt find the hole that you crawled into after the bears beat gb earlier in the year, otherwise I might take a few days off. lol.
You might have to go after Rex Grossman to get your refund though.
Hey......can it actually be considered "defending" when you have been officially knocked out of the playoffs? :wink:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an interesting bit from the GB Press Gazette about today's game:

"Defensive coordinator Bob Sanders rotated the defensive backs in his nickel package. Jarrett Bush, who was benched in the Nov. 29 loss at Dallas, was back in the nickel for most of the snaps, but Tramon Williams, Frank Walker and Will Blackmon got some reps. Sanders used Aaron Rouse in place of Nick Collins at safety on a handful of plays."

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
tromadz said:
cheesey said:
tromadz said:

You might have to go after Rex Grossman to get your refund though.
Hey......can it actually be considered "defending" when you have been officially knocked out of the playoffs? :wink:

I talked to Ed Hoculies, and yes, that is the correct interpretation of the rule.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh, I remember that game very well. And so do the Packers. :twisted:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

So does my liver.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
4thand26 said:

So does my liver.

A liver never forgets...

Members online