Official Post-Game Thread

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
38-7 Packers

2007 NFC North CHAMPIONS!

What a great all around game.

Barnett needs to go to the pro bowl, and Ryan Grant needs to have my babies.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
38-7 Packers

2007 NFC North CHAMPIONS!

What a great all around game.

Barnett needs to go to the pro bowl, and Ryan Grant needs to have my babies.

Donald Lee needs to go to the Pro Bowl and so does Gregorious Jennings.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly what we needed. Too bad the Lions blew it against Dallas, but I knew they would anyway. The good news is that T.O. only caught 3 passes for 21 yards, so maybe he'll throw a fit.

The Packers once again are dominating opponents down the stretch. It was a good move by management to keep Will Blackmon on the roster until he healed. Barnett had a great game. Harris got an interception. Bigby made more good plays than bad ones. Favre looked healthy and played great. And that TD by Donald Lee at the end was the icing on the cake.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
anyone know Favre's rating.
I hope we can run like this when we face a tougher D. Then no reason why we can't go all the way

Favre started off horrible too. I knew he'd straighten up, and boy did he!

wranglerjeansfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was fun to watch.

post-game questions
1. are people going to finally stop asking "are the packers for real?" of course, these quieted down later in the season, but resurfaced a little bit since the cowboys game.
1a. similar to 1., are people going to finally stop asking, "is ryan grant the real deal?" or saying "the packers have still yet to prove themselves at running back."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad the Raiders didn't challenge Blackmon's TD punt return........it was pretty obvious he went out of bounds.
Lucky for us!!! :D

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad the Raiders didn't challenge Blackmon's TD punt return........it was pretty obvious he went out of bounds.

We woulda been on the 6 though, and with the way Grant and Favre were playing, we woulda scored anyway! I love this team! 11-2!

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As happy as I am that the Packers won I'm twice as pissed off because those Dallas ******** pulled a win out of their ***.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Cdnfavrefan said:
anyone know Favre's rating.
I hope we can run like this when we face a tougher D. Then no reason why we can't go all the way

Favre started off horrible too. I knew he'd straighten up, and boy did he!

MM made the appropriate adjustments at halftime. I give partial credit to our highly intelligent coach too.

Favre just needed to complete a few easy passes, let our WRs get some YAC, and get some momentum. Once that happened, it was all downhill for the Raider D.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As bad as the refs were for us against Dallas, they were bad for the Raiders today. They blew that call and also an offensive pass interference on the Raiders that was a b.s. call.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

We woulda been on the 6 though, and with the way Grant and Favre were playing, we woulda scored anyway! I love this team! 11-2!
I know.....you always figure that, but i have seen a fumble or INT happen at that spot, and it's better "in the bank" then a maybe. Plus.....that was the first punt return in over 500 punts against their punter. EXTRA sweet!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

As bad as the refs were for us against Dallas, they were bad for the Raiders today. They blew that call and also an offensive pass interference on the Raiders that was a b.s. call.
Yup....maybe they were finally starting to pay us back for all the BAD calls we got.
But i can't help but wonder WHY the Raiders didn't challenge it? I KNOW they would have got in overturned.
But the PI call WAS bogus, i agree.

Reaction score
But i can't help but wonder WHY the Raiders didn't challenge it?

The Raiders coaches were ready to throw the challenge flag, but then spotted Greg Jennings on the opposite sideline looking at them and smilling.

The coaches realized if they challenged, then they'd have to face the prospect of getting burned again by Greg Jennings.

They decided they'd been burned by the Gregorious one enough for one day.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
cheesey said:

Yup....maybe they were finally starting to pay us back for all the BAD calls we got.
But i can't help but wonder WHY the Raiders didn't challenge it? I KNOW they would have got in overturned.
But the PI call WAS bogus, i agree.

Yeah, the TD punt return was the fault of the Raiders for not paying attention. That would have been an easy overturn, but I agree we would have scored a TD anyways. Maybe the Raiders coach's buddy had Ryan Grant on his fantasy team? ;)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
But i can't help but wonder WHY the Raiders didn't challenge it?

The Raiders coaches were ready to throw the challenge flag, but then spotted Greg Jennings on the opposite sideline looking at them and smilling.

The coaches realized if they challenged, then they'd have to face the prospect of getting burned again by Greg Jennings.

They decided they'd been burned enough for one day.
SWEET response!!!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Harris rebounded well too
We DO need to remember.....this WAS only the Raiders. But it's a sweet win! And Chicago is NO LONGER defending division champs! They have been unseated!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
We DO need to remember.....this WAS only the Raiders. But it's a sweet win! And Chicago is NO LONGER defending division champs! They have been unseated!

4thand26 won't be seen this week. lol. He has to take his flag down.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

The thing is, you beat weak teams by 21+ points. If you barely beat a team like the Raiders, that's a bad sign.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
tromadz said:

The thing is, you beat weak teams by 21+ points. If you barely beat a team like the Raiders, that's a bad sign.
I agree Zombie! That 14-7 halftime score had me concerned. But we really went to town after that.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
tromadz said:

4thand26 won't be seen this week. lol. He has to take his flag down.
LOL! Yup........he can pack it up and save it for his great great grandchildren to see someday. He can have PROOF that the Bears DID get close in 2006! :lol:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson's presence was noticeable right from the opening defensive play. Obviously the Raiders offense is nowhere near as good as the Cowboys offense, but Woodson was getting in on a lot of tackles and doing a good job in coverage. I heard he left the game limping early in the fourth quarter, though it is not believed to be serious.

The announcers were very stingy with the injury reports today. I heard later that Chad Clifton left the game after getting kicked in the shin. Collins was hurt, but returned to the game.

I wonder where James Jones was? I don't think he had a pass thrown his way all day.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Charles Woodson's presence was noticeable right from the opening defensive play. Obviously the Raiders offense is nowhere near as good as the Cowboys offense, but Woodson was getting in on a lot of tackles and doing a good job in coverage. I heard he left the game limping early in the fourth quarter, though it is not believed to be serious.

The announcers were very stingy with the injury reports today. I heard later that Chad Clifton left the game after getting kicked in the shin. Collins was hurt, but returned to the game.

I wonder where James Jones was? I don't think he had a pass thrown his way all day.

Very true, I don't believe he was targeted once...Favre usually has about 35 attempts though, so when the running game is clicking like it was today, and Favre only throws 23 passes, AND we have 6 viable receiving options, somebodys gonna be out of the mix.

The Green Bay Packers played for 60 minutes today and got better as the game went on. I can imagine McCarthy at halftime talking to his team about wasted opportunities, bringing up memories of vs. Carolina and at Detroit, letting teams get back into it in the second half. How did the Packers respond in the second half? By giving up less than 100 yards of offense, 24 unanswered points, being superb in all three aspects of the game, and BURYING the lowly Raiders. I don't see any reason why we can't beat the Rams, Bears, and Lions by a combined 60 points, giving the young players confidence and the entire team momentum heading into the playoffs.

This game leaves me smiling and giggling and impatient to watch the highlights tonight on SportsCenter. And how bout that Greg Jennings???? Is he not one of the funnest players in the league to watch. And we all know who no. 1 is.

Members online

Latest posts