Official Packers vs Vikings studs and duds

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
He was always a playmaking WR who is best in space and doesn't separate particularly well in man coverage. Nothing has really changed . It's not really surprising that he's struggled more without Nelson to stretch the defense and draw the attention of opposing top corners.
I don't think that's it. What I see from Cobb is he and Rodgers not being on the same page quite a bit and he's dropped a few very catchable balls. Didn't the one yesterday hit both of his palms? Even very tight coverage doesn't explain what's going on with Cobb IMO. It looked like Rodgers has started to work through his problems yesterday, let's hope Cobb and the other receivers do as well.

Another Stud I didn't see mentioned: Whoever designed the play for the 2 point conversion. That looked like a fake Rodgers run combined with a pick between Perillo and Jones. I think Rodgers took a couple steps back and then immediately ran forward and then parallel to the LOS. Perillo was open in the corner of the EZ and Jones was open right in front of Rodgers.

Stud: Eddie Lacy for losing weight and getting in shape in one week's time. ;)

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
My stud play of the night. Packers trying to run the clock out. Sweep left to Lacy. He could have got the first down, but would have gone out of bounds to do it. So he slides down one yard short to keep the clock running, showing GREAT situation awareness.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
My studs were the entire defensive line, and Lacy's resergeance. My dud's was too many missed tackles on Bridgewater, even though he got sacked so often, and once again where was Cobb? He either wasn't open much, or dropped them.Too many times we did not shut them down on third and long.

But all in all a great game. We need to do it again to them at Lambeau.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's quite a contrast to read all the great game comments in this thread, then go back and read the shout box for the times during the game. ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's quite a contrast to read all the great game comments in this thread, then go back and read the shout box for the times during the game. ;)
For the first time, I did read the shoutbox at a few points during the game just for chuckles. Very predictable to say the least. I usually don't even go online, but I figured staying away wasn't helping, so it was time to change the mojo :)

Jake Apperley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Capers & the D
Lacy
Crosby

Duds

I still think Rodgers isn't playing well, missed some wide open receivers. Starting to think he's being bothered by his shoulder

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had heard that AR has some sort of injury, but nobody in sports media mentioned it at all in the days leading up to this game. Does he have an injury, and if so, is it bad enough to effect his play?

D

Deleted member 6794

I had heard that AR has some sort of injury, but nobody in sports media mentioned it at all in the days leading up to this game. Does he have an injury, and if so, is it bad enough to effect his play?

Rodgers showed up on the injury report for the first time this season last week with an injury to his throwing shoulder. No information about its severity is available though.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Injury report of shoulder

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Having a good TE would make Cobbs job in the slot way easier I guarantee that. Cobb is a good player and we're going to need him. The staff has to figure out more ways to get him the ball period.

he has to catch it when it hits him in the hands..

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs:

Jeff Janis
JC Tretter
Eddie Lacey
Crosby
Dom Caper's and the D

Duds:
Offense at opponents 40 --> Redzone
Rodgers and the reciever's still have not got it together. James Jones had a nice catch, but he gave up that beautiful ball on third down. Cobb missed a gift.
---And that's ok when you still score 30 points

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Clay Matthews. Without him Peterson would have ran all over us. Our D is good and alot of that has to do with Matthews. Pat Kirwan and the Real Football Network provide a quick overview of how we were able to stop the Vikings run game: https://realfootballnetwork.com/2015/11/24/11-24-15-1-game-silver-lining-inside-scoop/ Matthews is prob the biggest reason.
Weird that they credit an inside linebacker with actually playing inside. He's been in and out for a full season already.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
News flash:

The Vikings announced that they will be signing on the squirrel from Sunday's game. Unlike AP, he can not only run fast, but he can find openings.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Two things:
1. That squirrel showed great form, full extension with its front feet and tail immobile.
2. The squirrel talk should probably signal the official end of this official thread.
;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts