Official Packers vs Vikings studs and duds

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where has this team been the last month? The defense pressured the quarterback, the linebackers tackled, the offensive line blocked, the receivers got open and Lacy ran for positive yardage. The team looked real good today.

I want to give a big STUD to the Indianapolis Colts for beating the Falcons and Denver Broncos for beating the Bears. Hoping for a big Bengals win.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

- Lacy. Such a huge difference when we're able to run the ball.
- Datone. Having a big breakout year. Him and Daniels provide a hell of a pass rush from the DEs.
- Crosby. I'd rather have had that 52 yarder last week, jerk, but great game.
- James Jones : Just when everyone is ready to shovel dirt on old man Jones he comes through with a game like this.

Duds
- Bahk has really regressed. He's clearly the weak link on the line.
- Hyde for an awful play on the ball on the Rudolph TD. He's looking more like a mediocre slot corner now.
- Cobb/Adams. Where are you guys? Cobb better thank his lucky stars he played his first 4 years with A Rodg and got $40M for his play because I'm not convinced he would have been more than a 3rd WR elsewhere. Adams has talent, but he continues to disappoint. We NEED these guys to be our 1-2 punch without Jordy.

Not putting A Rodg in either category yet. Played better and made some really good throws, but also missed some and still not looking like the defending MVP again yet. Took a couple deep shots to Janis, badly underthrew one and badly overthrew the other.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ was almost on my Dud list, then he came storming back to the top of the Stud list.
The defense was everywhere, in particular, Ha Ha, especially for not flying out of control, breaking down and sacking the QB on the blitz. #95 showed up today in a big way. Good to see those flashes we saw early turning into more consistent production. Run D was very good starting up front with Pennel, Raji, and Daniels playing well.

Lacy ran very well and is on the stud list too. Starks runs hard, but Lacy is just better. he sets up blocks better, he can slide thru traffic. he doesn't do well with defenders 4 yards on our side of the LOS, but if you can get him to the line going forward, he'll find the creases and work his way thru.

Duds? I have to put Cobb on there. I don't buy the contract stuff because he doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. He's going to work thru this. But he was fair catching when defenders were 10 yards away and fielding with a guy in his face on punts and he caught a TD, but him and Rodgers just aren't on the same page and he had one bad drop and another that would have been a good catch, but lesser receivers catch those passes all day long around this league. Both would have been 1st downs. he needs to get his concentration back. I think he will.

Oline is just a push for me, not a stud, not a dud. Better and against a quality opponent, but they can definitely improve. If they hadn't been playing so poorly all year, I would probably be more critical of them. But they did improve and we won.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely don't think Cobb has gotten lazy with his new contract. He doesn't strike me as that type either. Just looking like at this point that he's closer to being a product of playing with an elite QB and alongside an elite WR than a $10M dollar a year WR in his own right.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely don't think Cobb has gotten lazy with his new contract. He doesn't strike me as that type either. Just looking like at this point that he's closer to being a product of playing with an elite QB and alongside an elite WR than a $10M dollar a year WR in his own right.

Well he has a unique skill set and he is a game breaking talent. But he needs lots of surrounding talent to work properly. He'd be a monster with New England for instance, but with our current roster he's just a meh type player.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

- Lacy. Such a huge difference when we're able to run the ball.
- Datone. Having a big breakout year. Him and Daniels provide a hell of a pass rush from the DEs.
- Crosby. I'd rather have had that 52 yarder last week, jerk, but great game.
- James Jones : Just when everyone is ready to shovel dirt on old man Jones he comes through with a game like this.

Duds
- Bahk has really regressed. He's clearly the weak link on the line.
- Hyde for an awful play on the ball on the Rudolph TD. He's looking more like a mediocre slot corner now.
- Cobb/Adams. Where are you guys? Cobb better thank his lucky stars he played his first 4 years with A Rodg and got $40M for his play because I'm not convinced he would have been more than a 3rd WR elsewhere. Adams has talent, but he continues to disappoint. We NEED these guys to be our 1-2 punch without Jordy.

Not putting A Rodg in either category yet. Played better and made some really good throws, but also missed some and still not looking like the defending MVP again yet. Took a couple deep shots to Janis, badly underthrew one and badly overthrew the other.
I like Cobb, but he's been a major disappointment. Some of his best attributes have been his hands in big situations and his chemistry with Rodgers, and both of those seem way off lately.

Adams doesn't look like a very good football player, IMO. We have to be optimistic because we want him to succeed for our sake and he took a high draft pick, but he's been all but non-existent in most of his pro games despite being a starter, and he's had some bad drops.

Another stud is Bridgewater. He played like a winner, despite his line and child-beating star RB letting him down.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Half the fun of living in MN is reading the local newspapers today, especially those columnists that were predicting a Viking blow out!

I could hear the game from my house.

Now I get to watch the local news sportscaster eat crow tonight.

Studs: Crosby, Lacy, the squirrel, and whomever stripped the ball from Peterson.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he has a unique skill set and he is a game breaking talent. But he needs lots of surrounding talent to work properly. He'd be a monster with New England for instance, but with our current roster he's just a meh type player.

Having a good TE would make Cobbs job in the slot way easier I guarantee that. Cobb is a good player and we're going to need him. The staff has to figure out more ways to get him the ball period.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the real consequences of missing Nelson is forcing Cobb into a #1 WR role and he's just not that type of player. He's not great at separating, and his small stature requires pinpoint accuracy which we just haven't seen from Rodgers the last month. He's very versatile and talented in other ways but he's not someone best used as a top WR.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to say Cobb isn't as good as WR as he seemed the last few years based on only half a season.

He was always a playmaking WR who is best in space and doesn't separate particularly well in man coverage. Nothing has really changed . It's not really surprising that he's struggled more without Nelson to stretch the defense and draw the attention of opposing top corners.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The line looked better with Tretter and Big Ed looked better when the line blocked for him. He actually looked normal today. I think it was the line that was killing him. Cobb looks lazy on his routes and blocking. He needs a swift boot up his ***. JJ just makes insane catches.....nothing more and nothing less. Adams had some nice routes.

1 major dud was the offensive gameplan as far as TE goes. RR sucks balls blocking and catches 1 yd passes outside of the redzone. If he already blows at blocking then put Perillo in who can at least run.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: entire defense played great and very disciplined. They made the Viqueens one dimensional.

Lacy looked great, Crosby, Tretter was the big Oline difference today. Great blocks.

Duds: Cobb gets the biggest dud. Bahktiari is playing awful, too many penalties and constantly getting beat.

Also 3rd down completions continue to be an issue. We were only 37% on efficiency and many were 3rd and short. That's how Crosby got 15 points. That won't put away teams like a carolina or arizona.

Also, Hyde being away from the defense seemed to be much better. Janis had a great return and you could see the speed difference and really just attacking the return.

Linsley being out also solidified the middle. You can see multiple times Tretter getting to the LBs and making great blocks.

Rodgers had a few bad throws again. 2 could've been intercepted.

They showed some different looks today and hoping they continue with Abby and Ty coming back.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense played amazing. 47 yards in 13 carries from the #1 rushing team in the NFL. It shows what this team can really do when playing at their best. Still have to get receivers and Rodgers back in sync but can't be too picky with a win like that. Great job guys.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Studs; everyone who helped hold Peterson to low yardage
Duds; dropped passes that were right smack in the hands to open receivers. Cobb was one of them, but there was another one that I couldn't believe. I think it was Jones.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs; everyone who helped hold Peterson to low yardage
Duds; dropped passes that were right smack in the hands to open receivers. Cobb was one of them, but there was another one that I couldn't believe. I think it was Jones.

100% agree with the Cobb statement. This was Rodgers second hand man next to Jordy, we need him to step up more than anyone. Jones finally found the endzone again so kudos to him and hope this is a confidence booster between him and Rodgers.

Sky King

Reaction score
Studs: Bennett, Clements, and McCarthy for just enough offensive improvement to get the victory

Duds: Rodgers' inconsistent inaccuracy and recurring miscommunications with his receivers. Offense's execution on third and short

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie Lacy is the juggernaut, once he picks up forward momentum he cannot be stopped. With space to run he's one of the most dominant RBs in the league. He consistently makes guys miss in the hole and he busts through off balanced tackles. His lack of production had more to do with the fleeting holes that the line was creating for him.

Members online

Latest posts