OFFICIAL Packers vs vikings #2 seed edition

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well title says it all win and we secure a first round bye and a divisonal game at Lambeau.

I believe we are starting to get hot at the right time and the vikings will be our next victim. I see Rodgers going off again and the running game will finally produce a 100 yard rusher.

Our D will shut AP down which will then cause ponder to do what he does best and throw some to our guys.

Rodgers will go 25/32 302 yards 3 TDs grant will have 22 carries for 101 and a TD and our D will hold the vikings O to under 280 yards and force 2 turnovers.
Final score
Pack 45
Queens 17

GO PACK GO and a merry Christmas to all!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see the Pack D holding them to under 300 yards this week. I expect more of a shootout like last seasons finale. Minnyhaha is in full playoff mode. GB is trying to maintain and tone up. With a potential rematch the following week, I do not expect the full playbook or schemes. I see the Pack as trying to win with no new wrinkles and still sitting players such as Starks, House, Woodson and Cobb. (This IS before they practice this week.)
Vikings 38-35. Missin misses a long shot (55+) at end of 1st half.
Rodgers 17-28, 320 yards, 3 TD's, one pick, 5 sacks, 30 yards rushing.
Grant / Harris go for 160 yards rushing.
Def allows 195 yards to AP, gets a pick 6 and another pick, 4 sacks.
Ponder goes 14-29 for 220 yards, 2 TD's, plus runs for about 45 yards and a TD.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't see the Pack D holding them to under 300 yards this week. I expect more of a shootout like last seasons finale. Minnyhaha is in full playoff mode. GB is trying to maintain and tone up. With a potential rematch the following week, I do not expect the full playbook or schemes. I see the Pack as trying to win with no new wrinkles and still sitting players such as Starks, House, Woodson and Cobb. (This IS before they practice this week.)
Vikings 38-35. Missin misses a long shot (55+) at end of 1st half.
Rodgers 17-28, 320 yards, 3 TD's, one pick, 5 sacks, 30 yards rushing.
Grant / Harris go for 160 yards rushing.
Def allows 195 yards to AP, gets a pick 6 and another pick, 4 sacks.
Ponder goes 14-29 for 220 yards, 2 TD's, plus runs for about 45 yards and a TD.
I think sitting those guys (outside of House) would be a mistake. Playoffs are not the time to be rusty. Let them acclimate this week to be ready for playoffs.
I almost hope we lose this one, it's hard to sustain a win streak for more than 5 games, and we're at 4. Plus it works as a wake up call and we walk into the playoffs with a chip on our shoulder and everything to prove. 49ers in their home though. DONOTWANT!!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think sitting those guys (outside of House) would be a mistake. Playoffs are not the time to be rusty. Let them acclimate this week to be ready for playoffs.
I almost hope we lose this one, it's hard to sustain a win streak for more than 5 games, and we're at 4. Plus it works as a wake up call and we walk into the playoffs with a chip on our shoulder and everything to prove. 49ers in their home though. DONOTWANT!!!
I would like to see Woodson and Nelson especially play. They've both been out quite a while.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't see the Pack D holding them to under 300 yards this week. I expect more of a shootout like last seasons finale. Minnyhaha is in full playoff mode. GB is trying to maintain and tone up. With a potential rematch the following week, I do not expect the full playbook or schemes.

The only way there is a potential rematch is if we lose. No reason to hold anything back. It's not as if we have nothing to play for. A free pass to the Divisional round is nothing to sneeze at.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With a potential rematch the following week, I do not expect the full playbook or scheme.

That's prevent defense if you ask me; preparing to lose. If it's a playoff game for Minnesota, then it should be a playoff game for us. If they're preparing to make the playoffs, we should be preparing to stop them. Preparing as if you'll see them again means preparing as of you're planning on losing. Why not prepare and play as if we won't see them again? You think Mac and Co. are gonna risk setting the tone for the playoffs by pussing out? Better not be. I plan on seeing our guys roll these one-trick bums.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The two would do wonders for as many guys who are not fully healed yet. But we need as much as we can get on defense this week. Having to try and tackle AP 30 times in a game is severe punishment on any defense.
It would be wonderful if we could get ahead enough early and take the Vikings out of their running game even a little and the crowd ut of it some more. But we will have to play a hard 4 quarter game and it will take all 3 phases to win it. Our division winning streak is on the line. Let's keep it going into next season.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The only way there is a potential rematch is if we lose. No reason to hold anything back. It's not as if we have nothing to play for. A free pass to the Divisional round is nothing to sneeze at.
Actually, if the Packers win the Vikings could still get in. The next meeting between the two would be at most the NFC championship game.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually, if the Packers win the Vikings could still get in. The next meeting between the two would be at most the NFC championship game.

Yes, but not in back to back games. My main point was that it would not be wise to go anything other than all-out next week.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We barely beat these clowns last time thank to Ponder being so bad.
At the half, we were down 14-10.

These guys can play us close, can win if we aren't sharp or commit a few turnovers.

But I expect us to give 100% and play ballz out because no need to rest anyone. If we win, all our guys will get a week of rest while watching the 49ers have to play another game, along with Seattle, Washington or Dallas or Chicago.

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I see us following a trend from that last couple years
Vikes vs pack 28-24 pack wins at home
Pack vs vikes 31-3 pack wins in the Humpty Dumpty dome

Vikes vs pack 33-27 pack wins at home
Pack vs vikes 45-7 pack wins in the Humpty Dumpty dome

Vikes vs pack 23-14 pack wins at home
Pack vs vikes.....????.... My prediction 45-17 pack wins in the Humpty Dumpty dome

Look for this tradition to continue next week

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us following a trend from that last couple years
Vikes vs pack 28-24 pack wins at home
Pack vs vikes 31-3 pack wins in the Humpty Dumpty dome

Vikes vs pack 33-27 pack wins at home
Pack vs vikes 45-7 pack wins in the Humpty Dumpty dome

Vikes vs pack 23-14 pack wins at home
Pack vs vikes.....????.... My prediction 45-17 pack wins in the Humpty Dumpty dome

Look for this tradition to continue next week
I LOVE the way you think.... and hope you are right on here.... could be.
I just wish we had Desmond Bishop inside with Hawk to help stop Peterson.
I commended Brad Jones for his game last week, but his instincts as an ILB leave a lot to be disired..... Peterson carved him up 3 weeks ago..... hope he's learned.

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I LOVE the way you think.... and hope you are right on here.... could be.
I just wish we had Desmond Bishop inside with Hawk to help stop Peterson.
I commended Brad Jones for his game last week, but his instincts as an ILB leave a lot to be disired..... Peterson carved him up 3 weeks ago..... hope he's learned.
It's weird how the vikes always play us tough in Lambeau then we go into the Humpty Dumpty dome and rock them. I don't see that changing this yr espically since our D seems to be clicking and that ponder loves to throw us the ball, he really mine as well be our 3rd string QB since he knows how to hit the guys in green and gold in the hands...
Btw have I mentioned how much I despise the vikings and there fans? :)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikes pummeled the Texans last weekend. They gained a lot of confidence. This is a playoff game for them. They're going to come in very fired up.

This ain't gonna be an easy game at all folks. The difference with the past 2 years is that the Queens are playing for the post-season. I'd be surprised if we stomped them. We'll need to play a very good game to beat them.

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but the Vikings are going to beat the Packers IMO. Here are my reasons:

-We're home and 6-1 at home
-Packers are playing for a 2 seed. Vikings are playing for a playoff berth. Those are on 2 completely different levels and the Vikings will be much more motivated and driven to win than the Packers.
-The Metrodome crowd will be going absolutely WILD with the playoffs on the line and also AD's record on the line.
-3 game winning streak, dominant win over Houston and we appear to have found our stride.
-Blair Walsh >>> Mason Crosby. Changes the game when you have a kicker that can nail 50+ yard field goals.
-Packers, while on an impressive streak, are due for a letdown.
-Vikings D typically puts heavy pressure on Rodgers and hit him hard, maybe causing a fumble or more this game or interception.
And last, but not least,

Adrian Peterson.

Vikings: 24, Packers: 21

Packers will play us tough, but I can see AD breaking once or twice and scoring TD(s) or setting up TDs, Vikings D play GB tough and it is tied until the end of the fourth quarter, where Blair Walsh hit a 50+ yard field goal for the win.

Of course, this game may turn into a runaway for the Vikings or, as experience with the Vikings has taught me, a blowout for the Packers.

Either way I'm extremely proud of the Vikings for exceeding ALL expectations and forcing a win-and-in scenario for the playoffs.

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Sorry but the Vikings are going to beat the Packers IMO. Here are my reasons:

-We're home and 6-1 at home
-Packers are playing for a 2 seed. Vikings are playing for a playoff berth. Those are on 2 completely different levels and the Vikings will be much more motivated and driven to win than the Packers.
-The Metrodome crowd will be going absolutely WILD with the playoffs on the line and also AD's record on the line.
-3 game winning streak, dominant win over Houston and we appear to have found our stride.
-Blair Walsh >>> Mason Crosby. Changes the game when you have a kicker that can nail 50+ yard field goals.
-Packers, while on an impressive streak, are due for a letdown.
-Vikings D typically puts heavy pressure on Rodgers and hit him hard, maybe causing a fumble or more this game or interception.
And last, but not least,

Adrian Peterson.

Vikings: 24, Packers: 21

Packers will play us tough, but I can see AD breaking once or twice and scoring TD(s) or setting up TDs, Vikings D play GB tough and it is tied until the end of the fourth quarter, where Blair Walsh hit a 50+ yard field goal for the win.

Of course, this game may turn into a runaway for the Vikings or, as experience with the Vikings has taught me, a blowout for the

Either way I'm extremely proud of the Vikings for exceeding ALL expectations and forcing a win-and-in scenario for the playoffs.
I don't see how you can say playing for a playoff berth and a 2 seed are completely different. The 2 seed is just as important to the packers as a playoff berth is to the queens. We win we have a first round bye we get to rest out injuried guys and will get them back for the playoff game at Lambeau and if the falcons lose we win we host the NFC Championship which will make more revenue for GB. Plus as history showed us in the past last time we let the vikes in it was the randy moss mooning us and beating us in the playoff game. I don't care how wild that crowd is if we go up by 10-14 that crowd will be quiet.
Ill be back here to eat crow if your right but if I'm right I hope you can come back here and eat your crow.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truthfully, this is a tough one to call. Could go either way. It will probably once again depend on how good or bad Ponder plays. Vikings play much better in their crappy dome.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truthfully, this is a tough one to call. Could go either way. It will probably once again depend on how good or bad Ponder plays. Vikings play much better in their crappy dome.

I agree. If Ponder plays like he did against the Texans they could win this one. No way we hold AP to 85 yards the way that Houston did.

On the other hand, I have a lot more confidence in our OL than I did a few weeks ago. Packers will put up some numbers on the scoreboard on Sunday. And last time we played the Vikings we did not have CM3 if memory serves me correct. Neal has also come on. If CJ Wilson is back, this defensive front 7 looks pretty good to me. And we know how good our defensive secondary is.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
As long as they dont run AP right at the lame *** brad jones, we will be ok.

AP will NOT get his record, Ponder gets shut down just like he always has, CM3 has a big day along with Hawk, Grant continues to get better ( 90 yds this game ) and Arod lights up the purple D for 300+ yds and 3 td's

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Oh....and to any roaming vikes fan that comes on here......you are dilusional and confused, go home and thaw out your brain. Vikes are one dimensional, the run game, and when we go up by 2+ scores against you and you are forced to go to the pass game you will be pressured like mad and either ponder will get sacked or the pressure will cause him to toss out picks like he normally does. Either way, you cant match up to us on Offense and our pass rush is better than yours this season, not to mention our secondary OWNS yours. Either way, you're SCREWED.

Have fun watching the playoffs from the comfort of your couch vikings !!!!

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anything, the Packers are one-dimensional too. We shut down Arian Foster and even forced him to fumble and we'll do the same against any RB GB has.

I don't see how you can say playing for a playoff berth and a 2 seed are completely different. The 2 seed is just as important to the packers as a playoff berth is to the queens.

Because, the Vikings season is on the line. They are fighting for a chance to play in January and have a shot at the Super Bowl and also play while the Bears and Lions stay at home.

I HOPE the Vikings get written off for this game. Look what happened with San Francisco, Houston, and the second game against Chicago! And we should have beat you Slackers in Lambeau too, if not for some dumb picks. AD ran 200+ yards against you and he'll do it again.

SKOL, VIKINGS

Members online

Latest posts