Official Packers vs Texans thread

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My husband and I were at the game too. It was so much fun- I was so nervous and excited I couldn't even eat anything. It was great afterwards too when we were leaving and high fiving all the Packer fans.

Here's us after the game practicing our Clay Matthew's predator poses:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Perfect timing with those fans in the background also wearing different jerseys.
Ya all look like your ready to play!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, LT. See below (me and my daughter):

How did she like the game? She a big fan, or a fan cuz your a fan?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
How did she like the game? She a big fan, or a fan cuz your a fan?

She's my tomboy. She loves sports. As she has spent most of her life overseas (we just moved to Houston three months ago), she is more into soccer than anything. She played center mid on a top level U12 team in London and is a Chelsea fan.

However, I have subscribed to gamepass.com and have not missed a Packer game in years despite the effort or cost to do so (I often watched an archived game a day later if it was a late Sunday or MNF game -- which is on at 3 AM in England or early Monday morning in Shanghai). Imagine my frustration as I watched the Packers win the SB at 4 AM in the morning and have to cheer quietly so I don't wake up my wife and kids on a school day...

Anyhow, my daughter watches all the games with me. If it was a late game, I would archive it and not look at the news all day Monday at work. Then, we would watch it together Monday evening as if it was live.

So, to answer your question: She is a Packer fan because of me, no doubt. I am a rabid fan and often the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She has also learned (from me, imo) which organizations are to be respected (Giants, Bears, Steelers, 49ers) and which one's don't deserve any respect (Lions, Vikings, Patriots, Cowboys, Jets, Eagles).

However, she also loves the game. She has a rather advanced understanding for a 12 year old girl (e.g. dime vs. nickel defense, what a safety is, the strategy of an on-sides kick, fair catch, draw, screen, slant, etc.). Sometimes, her constant stream of questions, especially while the ball is in play annoys me and I start to bark at her to be quiet. But, I stop myself as, in only a few years, she will be grown and I will no doubt sorely miss her questions.

She is also learning the history of the Packers organization as she completed a report on it at school. So, names like Lombardi and Starr and Favre as well as the Ice Bowl and Leroy Butler and his Leap are familiar to her.

So, I guess I am saying that she is a fan on her own accord as well. She loves Clay Matthews the most and wears his jersey. She loved the game last Sunday. Hopefully, we can see more in the future. I might be able to score some Texas A&M tickets soon. That should be fun.

Thanks for asking.

OP
OP
Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ WOW....that's cool. Glad to see that she enjoys football and has a grasp of the game at her age. Couldn't ask for a better daughter than that. lol

Members online

Latest posts