official Packers vs Seahawks MNF

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There are several reasons us Hawk fans will not feel embarrassed in the slightest. First off: Super Bowl XL. Then there's Testeverde's helmet that not only instigated instant replay, cost Seattle the playoffs. Then there's Baltimore's extra timeout, again costing us the playoffs.

But finally, there's the horrendous PI call on Kam Chancellor that is the only reason GB even HAD the lead to begin with. So the call at the end only gave back to Seattle the win that the call earlier nearly stole away.

So nope, not embarrassed at all.

Hows about Shields being mugged and than called for PI that gave you extra life?

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Do you know how many bad calls went against the Packers on that final drive? 4. Count them 4. You can't compare that call to the final play because the final play decided the game, pure and simple. If they'd make that terrible call but there were still 5 minutes left to play, the Packers would have still had a chance, but it wasn't. It was a blatant bad call that decided the final result of the game."

This is exactly the reason McCarthy needs to file a formal complaint with the league.....there is indisputable evidence on film clearly showing the Packers were handed a loss soley because of this one call...if the team lawyers up on this the league will have to back down...in the meantime they need to put this behind them and concentrate on the game at hand...not an easy multi-task....

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, until they settle the officials issue I am writing this off as a lost season. I refuse to endorse this sham of a league while they disgrace the game like this. Somebody wake me when it becomes professional football again.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The ending was crap, and I can agree with you all on that. Terrible. Too many blown calls in both directions. Just terrible, terrible, terrible. Can't even sleep because it feels like nobody won. Those refs stole an amazing defensive performance from the Seahawks, which is evident from the fact that all anyone can talk about is Golden Tate. We all know Golden Tate ain't the one that smacked down that offense. But nobody's talking about our defense.

However, I just want to point out to all you Packer fans who said our DBs were garbage, even if you took away that last TD... guess what?? The only QB to throw a TD was Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks (and a beautiful one at that). Rodgers left here with ZERO TDs. I'm sure you won't be like the Cowboys fans and try to blame it on something else. Just admit it - we have a great defense. You had opportunities, many of them, and you couldn't score.

Just don't blame us because of some sucky refs. That's not on the Seahawks, that's on the crap refs. But let's face it, the Packers had many many chances to score, and couldn't.

I'm going to quote the Steeler fans after we got robbed in SuperBowl XL: At the end of the day, you have to overcome that stuff. Great teams do.

I never saw anyone post here that the Seahawks DBs "were garbage" or anything even close to that. If so, that would be bordering on stupidity seeing that you have three ProBowlers out of four. Everyone recognizes that Seattle's defense is stout and mean.

However, put back a referee team that has better control of the game than this current crop of losers, and a lot of that bump-and-run business that your team is good at will get tempered quite a bit. I was watching the Packer receivers and there was a whole lot of jersey grabbing and bumping going on (more than usual) way downfield all game long. Sure, the Packers are doing it more now as well since the refs are letting it all go, but this negatively affects the passing teams far more than it does running teams.

And, those hits on defenseless receivers after the play is dead would be likely ejections, not just offsetting penalties. I wonder what the refs would have done if Jennings would have been unable to get up after that Browner cheap shot? That guy is a thug and he cheapens what is a very good Seattle defense.

Last note: I agree with you whole-heartedly on the last sentence. Great teams overcome this stuff.

My worry is NOT about my beloved Green Bay Packers.

It's about the NFL.

PFanCan

Reaction score
... there's the horrendous PI call on Kam Chancellor that is the only reason GB even HAD the lead to begin with. So the call at the end only gave back to Seattle the win that the call earlier nearly stole away.

So nope, not embarrassed at all.

That call was not "horrendous". It was probably not the correct call, I will agree. But, VERY FAR AWAY from being horrendous. It's a call that I could see the real refs even making.

Horrendous calls?

I would put that label on the RTP call against Walden on that INT. Watch the replay. Walden was airborne and less than two feet and closing when Wilson was releasing the ball. The rule clearly gives Walden "two steps", not "two airborne feet". If he can change his path while airborne, he should be out there saving our world from bad guys, not playing football.

Maybe I wouldn't put the horrendous label on the Shields PI call on that 3rd and 38 pass play? Am not sure. It was clearly a really bad call, but in real time, it's tough to decide who pushed who first. On reply, it's quite clear (just as you mention on the Chancellor call). However, with the Chancellor play, it's wam-bam and done. With the Shields call, it was "stride for stride" and a whole lot of action and hands-to-the-face that should have been seen. It's either "horrendous" or one step lower ("really bad")? Whatever. :)

And, the last play. Definitely horrendous. It all hinges on that idiot #28 line judge (?) who put his hands up in the heat of the moment-- probably because he thought the other guy was about to do the same. Look at the reply. It's quite clear... and horrendous.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pete Carroll, Golden Tate, Russell Wilson, and pretty much all the Seahawks fans are sitting there claiming the "simultaneous catch" rule. The thing is, it wasn't simultaneous! Jennings went it, grabbed the ball with 2 hands as opposed to Tate's 1 and came down with it. Then, he rolled away and brought the ball to his chest.

As some have mentioned before, I worry for the NFL at this point. I hard Trent Dilfer last night on ESPN talking about how the NFL drills into the players to "protect the shield" which basically means "protect my brand." However, at some point you protect it any more and you have to call it as it is. Total and complete bull ****.

The NFL is trying it's hardest to sway people into thinking that the call could have really gone any way. They are trying to make it look like the ref was interpreting the rules correctly. Or, it was so close and such a confusion that the play was just a mess even with the call going the other way.

This is even more evident when I turn on NFL AM this morning and the first thing I see is Eric Davis saying that Golden Tate had one hand on the bottom of the ball, and his second hand was on the top of the ball when his two feet came down. At that point it is simultaneous possession. No, Eric, you are wrong. Tate never had possession. Then I see Jamie Dukes come on and say that the ref who called the ball a touch back started out 40 yards away, and that the ref had no business calling it a touchback. Well, the thing is Jamie, he didn't call it a touchback until he was up on the scene, looking down on it and saw that Jennings had the ball.

Hell, most every one on that show is saying pretty much word for word "Well, it looks like an interception at first, but you can't really tell." Now, I don't watch NFL AM every day, but I would say at least 3 days a week I check it out. EVERY TIME I see their segment called Double Coverage it is with a guy named Steve Wyche and some older, white guy. Well, this time they removed Steve Wyche and put in Eric Davis BECAUSE HE IS WILLING TO CALL THE PASS A CATCH!!! I mean, **** I have heard of Liberal-friendly media and Conservative-friendly media...but this is just ridiculous. These mother ****s are trying to swing this BLATANTLY TERRIBLE call into a call that could have gone either way.

I look for the Packers too destroy the Saints next week. Hell, maybe even a couple of big defensive guys like Raji might "accidentally" slam into an official and lay their ***** out.

I have always prided myself on being a Packers fan, and being a fan of the classiest team in the NFL. However, this time I think the entire organization has the RIGHT to be as upset as they want, and to call the NFL out on their ****.

I have to leave for work now, this took me too long to write. At least I don't live in Washington.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Pete Carroll, Golden Tate, Russell Wilson, and pretty much all the Seahawks fans are sitting there claiming the "simultaneous catch" rule. The thing is, it wasn't simultaneous! Jennings went it, grabbed the ball with 2 hands as opposed to Tate's 1 and came down with it. Then, he rolled away and brought the ball to his chest.

A simultaneous catch occurs at the start of the catch, not the landing on the ground. Jennings cradles it first with only a single hand from Tate. Tate's right hand is clearly free and away from Jennings body for most of the jump. He only brings his hand towards the ball as they are falling to the ground.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never trolled an opposing teams forum before a game. I have visited as guest, but never posted. I think that since we have had trolls from the 49ers, bears and now seattle.....that have shown signs of being true classless trolls....the packers have the most class as a team and as fans. I know I spout off at the mouth on here, but only after provocation. These troll fans seem dilusional.

That's the funniest thing I have seen all week. Poor classy Packers fans.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I see it...I also saw Rodgers getting tossed around like a little ragdoll. Is that what you are talking about?

And Rodgers and the offense moving the ball in the second half into scoring position without a sack for 3 scores and Seattle being held to zero first downs until the final drive...you know..the one where they made 3 terrible calls against the Packer to give Seattle the game.

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Rodgers and the offense moving the ball in the second half into scoring position without a sack for 3 scores and Seattle being held to zero first downs until the final drive...you know..the one where they made 3 terrible calls against the Packer to give Seattle the game.

For a second, I was trying to remember what you mean by "moving the ball into scoring position" and then I remembered the bad PI call against Kam Chancellor that gave the Packers a first down and their only TD of the game. And then the bad spot of the ball when Rodger's knee was down at the 2, that gave the Packers a first and goal on the same drive.

Nobody's talked about all the holding by the GB offensive line on all 3 of those scoring drives that went uncalled, while Seattle had 2 drives in the second half get ended by TERRIBLE holding calls against our O-line. Of course not. Because then Packers fans would have to admit that this game was lost by more than a single bad call. They'd have to admit that the Seattle defense was just dominant all night and kept them to 12 total points, and that maybe that had more to do with the loss than anything the refs did.

And of course, I don't hear a WORD from you lame Packers fans about your team's inability to get a first down on your last drive that would have ended the game. Simple fact: our defense DOMINATED that series, we blew up that Packers RB behind the line of scrimmage and forced a fumble on the 2 yard line. Packers were lucky they recovered, or it was game over at that point.

That game was an old-school punch fest. Both teams were playing hard. Both teams had a number of bad calls go against them. Both teams made mistakes and both teams had some miraculous plays. In the end, the better team won. Packers fans can sit around and whine and complain and blame it on penalties all you want, but all that does is make you look like whiners.

I never whined about SuperBowl XL. I always thought the Seahawks HAD to overcome those bad calls - they had to make plays to win anyway. And they failed to do that. I fully expect to hear all the "classy" Packers fans whine about this game all season, blame their failure to make the playoffs on this game, etc. Of course, the Pack is only 1-2 because of one single bad call. Sure. Keep telling yourselves that.

Meanwhile, I'll sit here and enjoy how AWESOME the Seattle defense has become. We didn't get credit for the beatdown on Dallas and we won't get credit for the beatdown on Green Bay. And I don't care. We're the new bullies of the NFC and we're going to beat the snot out of everyone until we finally win a SuperBowl.

PFanCan

Reaction score
For a second, I was trying to remember blah blah blah... until we finally win a SuperBowl.

::Yawn::

What was that? Did you say that you were going to do something until the Seahawks finally win a SuperBowl?

Big words from a fan who roots for a team with a rookie QB. Good luck with that.

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And, those hits on defenseless receivers after the play is dead would be likely ejections, not just offsetting penalties. I wonder what the refs would have done if Jennings would have been unable to get up after that Browner cheap shot? That guy is a thug and he cheapens what is a very good Seattle defense.

No, they wouldn't be ejections, they would be 15 yard penalties.

I agree that Browner is a thug, like the rest of our secondary, like I was trying to tell you guys before the game. However, you're wrong about it cheapening our defense. In fact, it bolsters our defense. The Legion of Boom gives our defense a very physical identity, they get our guys worked into a frenzy, and then you see what happens. Our D-line gets 8 sacks in the first half. Our opponent's receivers don't want to catch passes and don't want balls thrown to them.

You want us to apologize for that? Ha ha ha ha. You guys have gone soft. The NFC West is full of bullies - just brutal, physical, nasty defenses - and the only way to survive is to be tougher than them. I don't care about the Packers, you guys will be lucky to make the playoffs. All I care about is revenge against a very good Cardinals team, and going 2-0 against a very good 49ers team. And the Legion of Boom will be our best hope for that to happen.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HansGruber I could sit here and pick your post apart point by point but I'm not going to. In the end, the game was decided on a bad call not by the better team. Seattle was better in the first half and Green Bay was clearly the better team in the second half. IF you don't admit that you're just a homer. Seattle was held to ZERO first downs in the second half until 3 terrible calls gave them first downs they didn't deserve on the very last drive.

The PI against Chancellor was questionable, but get off it if you think that Seattle was the only team out there getting bad calls.

It's you Hawks fans that are being classless. Admit that the final call was a bad call, take your victory with a little bit of recognition that luck was involved, and move on. If the same thing had happened to Seattle you guys would be screaming bloody murder.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of the questionable call, the Seahawks defense dominated the Packers. They deserved to win. There were some other bad calls before the last one.

Ok knucklehead. I can't wait until we mop the turf with you guy's. Enjoy it now because i guarantee you it will be another last place finish for you guy's.

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score
::Yawn::

What was that? Did you say that you were going to do something until the Seahawks finally win a SuperBowl?

Big words from a fan who roots for a team with a rookie QB. Good luck with that.

Yeah, I'd rather have an awesome veteran QB like Rodgers who can't score even a single TD against a good defense. That GB offense is SO impressive. Especially with those ZERO points in the first half, and those 8 sacks.

That rookie QB had 2 TDs while your own had ZERO. That's gotta hurt, huh? And 1 sack against the vaunted Packers pass rush? Wow. You're right. This kid is terrible. 1 turnover in 3 games, and a couple of sacks.

In the long run, Wilson played better than Rodgers when it counted. So really, no luck involved at all. But please, keep telling me about how you were the better team, blah blah blah. Whiners and classless poor sports. Can't give credit to our defense, whatever. We don't need it or want it. Hopefully we see you guys in the playoffs because we will beat your team again and we'll make it even more clear so y'all don't have to whine about the refs next time.

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HansGruber I could sit here and pick your post apart point by point but I'm not going to. In the end, the game was decided on a bad call not by the better team. Seattle was better in the first half and Green Bay was clearly the better team in the second half. IF you don't admit that you're just a homer. Seattle was held to ZERO first downs in the second half until 3 terrible calls gave them first downs they didn't deserve on the very last drive.

The PI against Chancellor was questionable, but get off it if you think that Seattle was the only team out there getting bad calls.

It's you Hawks fans that are being classless. Admit that the final call was a bad call, take your victory with a little bit of recognition that luck was involved, and move on. If the same thing had happened to Seattle you guys would be screaming bloody murder.

Yeah, because I ever said Seattle was the only team getting bad calls. And yeah sure, you're not a homer.

And Seattle fans are being classless? Really? I've yet to hear a single Packers fan give credit to our defense for shutting your team down. You got gifted a TD by the refs with TWO bad calls on your only TD drive, and a whole ton of no-calls when your o-line was holding on every down. You wouldn't have had that TD without the bad PI call on Chancellor.

But I'm sure if the tables were turned, and Seattle hadn't fought back and stayed in the game, and we lost because of that bad TD... well, I'm sure Packers fans would be in here outraged about all the bad calls on your ONLY TD drive of the night. I'm sure you guys would be saying Seattle deserved to win. Yeah, sure, of course you would.

But you're right. I'm the poor sport. I'm the one blaming a loss on the opposing fans, as if we're out there throwing all those flags and making all those bad calls. Yeah, sure. We're the classless ones, while Packer fans are blaming their loss on Seattle fans and totally ignoring the fact that their team could only score 12 points - and that was with a gift TD. Whatever.

But ya know what? You're right. Seattle didn't get a single bad call go against them, and the only reason they won was because of a few bad calls on one drive that ALL went Seattle's way.

Feel better now?

PFanCan

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd rather have an awesome veteran QB like Rodgers ...

Ok, we can agree on something.

Now, go back to doing whatever you said you were going to do until your team wins a SB.

Like I said, it might be a while.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, because I ever said Seattle was the only team getting bad calls. And yeah sure, you're not a homer.

And Seattle fans are being classless? Really? I've yet to hear a single Packers fan give credit to our defense for shutting your team down. You got gifted a TD by the refs with TWO bad calls on your only TD drive, and a whole ton of no-calls when your o-line was holding on every down. You wouldn't have had that TD without the bad PI call on Chancellor.

But I'm sure if the tables were turned, and Seattle hadn't fought back and stayed in the game, and we lost because of that bad TD... well, I'm sure Packers fans would be in here outraged about all the bad calls on your ONLY TD drive of the night. I'm sure you guys would be saying Seattle deserved to win. Yeah, sure, of course you would.

But you're right. I'm the poor sport. I'm the one blaming a loss on the opposing fans, as if we're out there throwing all those flags and making all those bad calls. Yeah, sure. We're the classless ones, while Packer fans are blaming their loss on Seattle fans and totally ignoring the fact that their team could only score 12 points - and that was with a gift TD. Whatever.

But ya know what? You're right. Seattle didn't get a single bad call go against them, and the only reason they won was because of a few bad calls on one drive that ALL went Seattle's way.

Feel better now?

Dude...you're a moron please leave. If the Packers won in that fashion i would be the first to say we got away with one, thank goodness for these idiot refs deciding outcome of the game. Every Seattle fan i've come across thus far has done no such thing and act like they deserved to win. I hope you guy's get murdered next week.

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude...you're a moron please leave. If the Packers won in that fashion i would be the first to say we got away with one, thank goodness for these idiot refs deciding outcome of the game. Every Seattle fan i've come across thus far has done no such thing and act like they deserved to win. I hope you guy's get murdered next week.

You can hope all you want but it won't happen.

And yeah, I'm sure you classy Packers fans would be complaining about that bad PI call against Chancellor that led to your only TD had you won.

I'm gonna echo what Steeler fans were saying after SuperBowl XL: Good teams overcome bad things. If you were that good, you would have won and the refs would never have been part of it.

But yeah, you're probably right. We should all blame Seahawk fans for what happened. Because that makes you classy. Would you like some more cheese with that whine?

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woohoo! Game on. The Vikings are ready to rumble. BARROOOOOOOOO

So glad I picked up Christian Ponder in the 16th round of my fantasy draft.

Those Vikes look DAMN good. Thanks for pounding on the 49ers. We'll take it from here.

And as much as I hope we get a rematch with the Packers in the playoffs, that just ain't gonna happen. The Vikings look really good, and are actually able to beat good defenses like the 49ers. Keep playing that way, and it'll be the Vikings that we face in the playoffs and that scares me far more than the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts