official Packers vs Seahawks MNF

Jen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. Packers are one of my picks for this week and wanted to say hello. I am not here to do anything more than take the greatest game and make it more interesting (if that is possible) with a smile. Good luck and let's have a great season! ; )

youtube.com/watch?v=JUtyfKEEPfM&feature=share&list=ULJUtyfKEEPfM

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. Packers are one of my picks for this week and wanted to say hello. I am not here to do anything more than take the greatest game and make it more interesting (if that is possible) with a smile. Good luck and let's have a great season! ; )

Good video, what did you say again?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Pretty darn hilarious (in an ironic sense) to see Packers fans saying Seattle fans underrate Packers DBs, then listen to Packer fans talk about our secondary giving up tons of yards/TDs. That's just too rich.

You all have severely misjudged our secondary, they're called the Legion of Boom for a reason. Real big dudes that like to hit really ******* every play, jamming guys at the line, disrupting routes, getting multiple INTs and turnovers every game, and just playing classic smash-mouth football out there. You can't compare us to the 49ers, our secondary is hands-down another step up from them. You haven't experienced anything like it yet.

You probably didn't see what happened to Dallas unless you were at the game, since the TV cameras didn't show it. All those ignorant analysts talking about Dallas dropping the ball and imploding, because they didn't watch the game. They didn't see the Cowboys getting beat up on every down. There's a reason their receivers were all dropping passes, looking upfield before they caught the ball and cowering like girl scouts in a prison yard. Almost every play, our DBs were hitting fools really hard. Anyone who crossed the middle got smacked, whether it was before or after the whistle didn't matter. Seattle DBs were hitting receivers that weren't even targets on the play, bad-*** hard hits that you could hear in the stands. CRACK!! There goes Witten again. Witten got hit so hard and so often, he completely dropped out of the game by the second quarter. Ogletree got clocked a couple times really good, once when he was out-of-bounds, and he started dropping passes too. Dez Bryant was totally off his game because we got in his head too, same thing - when he wasn't dropping passes, he was out there pissed off and trying to throw punches because guys were taking HUGE shots on him almost every down, whether he had the ball or not. Thank god for the scab replacement refs or we would have had a whole ton of penalties.

Do you really honestly believe your receivers are that much tougher than the Dallas corps? You better hope so. Because if we do to Finley what we did to Witten, and we do to Jennings what we did to Bryant and Ogletree, Rodgers is gonna have a hard time finding reliable targets to throw to.

Yeah, Rodgers is gonna put up some yards. But it's gonna come at a price. And just think, y'all still have to play the Cards. Welcome to the new NFC West - home of the most brutal physical defenses in the NFL. Good luck and hope your players find a way to escape the Clink healthy.
Hans,
I love the Legion of Boom stuff. It's classic Stan Lee. How long have you fans been reading comic books? Who's Dr. Death? Who is the Silver Avenger on your team. I'll buy copies of these fine comic books in the making. I wish I had the idea first. Comic books NFL teams. Novel idea. Sometimes fantasy is all ya got right Hans?
If I didn't know better I'd think Seattle is trying to become the Detroit Lions West. "Let's just hit and injure other players, we're obviously not good enough to compete" I get it, after years of futility Detroit decided they'd just gather a bunch of goons and wanna-be gangsters to injure professional athletes.
The sad part of it all is that some fans haven't seen enough success for their franchise. They start to like that kind of football. It's like watching racing to see an accident. No appreciation for the finer points of the sport. You look for victory in bloody noses and injuring opposing players. Sad.
Funny you mention turnovers too. The Packers secondary was best in the league in interceptions last year. I think that bodes well for your rookie QB and bad for our NFL MVP QB. It sounds like the Packers are going to be handed their backsides by your amazing secondary.
You compared your team to the 39ers. Does your team have a pass rush like theirs? Outstanding LB play? I'm just wondering because you only talk about your secondary.
Amazing you're proud of your team in it's win and still admit your team cheated and got away with it because of the refs. Let me ask you one question Hans - is your team any good when they don't cheat?
And last item - yes, I think the Packers receiving corps is far and away tougher than the Cowboys. You suggest I better hope so. You think hope will protect them from the "Legions of Boom?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

Sorry, I was distracted. Chock full of insightful thoughts and game analysis. Well worth a closer look.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you really honestly believe your receivers are that much tougher than the Dallas corps
Well..Yeah..The numbers speak for themselves. Even in the loss to the 9ers they put up 303 yards in the air. Dallas has not had the same corps for the last 4 years. Their offense is more vertical. Ours is a west coast offense predicated on the run after the catch. If Rodgers has 4 of them on the field and you cannot get to him it is unlikely that he is going to miss. And if you can get to him he can still run the field pretty well. When the only QB to outrush you is Michael Vick I'd say that is another weapon in itself.

H

HardRightEdge

Pretty darn hilarious (in an ironic sense) to see Packers fans saying Seattle fans underrate Packers DBs, then listen to Packer fans talk about our secondary giving up tons of yards/TDs. That's just too rich.

You all have severely misjudged our secondary, they're called the Legion of Boom for a reason. Real big dudes that like to hit really ******* every play, jamming guys at the line, disrupting routes, getting multiple INTs and turnovers every game, and just playing classic smash-mouth football out there. You can't compare us to the 49ers, our secondary is hands-down another step up from them. You haven't experienced anything like it yet.

You probably didn't see what happened to Dallas unless you were at the game, since the TV cameras didn't show it. All those ignorant analysts talking about Dallas dropping the ball and imploding, because they didn't watch the game. They didn't see the Cowboys getting beat up on every down. There's a reason their receivers were all dropping passes, looking upfield before they caught the ball and cowering like girl scouts in a prison yard. Almost every play, our DBs were hitting fools really hard. Anyone who crossed the middle got smacked, whether it was before or after the whistle didn't matter. Seattle DBs were hitting receivers that weren't even targets on the play, bad-*** hard hits that you could hear in the stands. CRACK!! There goes Witten again. Witten got hit so hard and so often, he completely dropped out of the game by the second quarter. Ogletree got clocked a couple times really good, once when he was out-of-bounds, and he started dropping passes too. Dez Bryant was totally off his game because we got in his head too, same thing - when he wasn't dropping passes, he was out there pissed off and trying to throw punches because guys were taking HUGE shots on him almost every down, whether he had the ball or not. Thank god for the scab replacement refs or we would have had a whole ton of penalties.

Do you really honestly believe your receivers are that much tougher than the Dallas corps? You better hope so. Because if we do to Finley what we did to Witten, and we do to Jennings what we did to Bryant and Ogletree, Rodgers is gonna have a hard time finding reliable targets to throw to.

Yeah, Rodgers is gonna put up some yards. But it's gonna come at a price. And just think, y'all still have to play the Cards. Welcome to the new NFC West - home of the most brutal physical defenses in the NFL. Good luck and hope your players find a way to escape the Clink healthy.

Your post certainly highlights some key match-ups in this game. SEA's DBs are a big, physical bunch, but not particularly fast with the exception of the FS. SEA likes to crowd the box, they play a lot of cover-1, and count on the DBs disrupting timing. The key match-up is SEA's pass rush vs. GB O-Line. Given time, history shows Rodgers slices and dices cover-1. I'd also be concerned that if you try to take Cobb's head off, you might just whiff.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our DB's aren't very good but the Packers have twice as many INT's as Seattle and have given up almost 100 fewer passing yards a game? The Seattle DB's hit hard....o.k.....doesn't that mean they are hitting people after they have caught the ball?
Bottom line is they will have plenty of opportunities to hit if Seattle doesn't do any better getting to Rodgers then they were the first two weeks being at the bottom in sacks.

Pen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, Seahawks fan here. I've always loved the Packers too. Back when Bart Starr was the QB. Here's my take on the game:

DEFENSE: Hawks have an elite rushing defense so the Packers won't run successfully. Our pass rush hasn't generated sacks, but they've put enough pressure to disrupt the play. Rodgers will have some time, but he won't have all day. Our secondary is one of the leagues best. I don't look at yardage to judge a pass defense, I look at the opposing QB's QBrating. We're ranked 7th in the NFL in that category. Add to that our 12th man gives us an obvious advantage defensively and it would be unrealistic to expect GB to put up tons of points. But it would be unrealistic to expect Rodgers to be shut down either. So a score in the 20's would be a good bet.

Now when I look at the Packers D I see that they have a monster pass rush and our pass pro isn't great. We also have a rookie QB. Your secondary is good enough because with that pass rush they don't have to be elite. GB has the 3rd best pass defense when looking at QBratings. GB won't stop Lynch, however. Your rush defense isn't that great and our rushing offense is our strong suit. For that reason, we can go to our run game to take the pressure off Wilson. We drove for 90 and 88 yards against Dallas in the second half. Mostly on the ground.

When you have a rushing attack it takes away from the other teams ability to pass rush. When you don't have one, it allows the defense to do all sorts of things. GB won't have a rushing attack. Seattle will. What will that mean? I think it cancels out the advantage you have of Rodgers over a rookie QB. Seattle scoring in the 20's should also be a good bet.

Who will win? Common sense says the Pack are the better team and have a huge advantage in their pass rush vs a rookie QB. But our special teams have been awesome so far and it's a home game with the 12th man giving our D a huge advantage. So all things considered, I'm saying OT hawks win, 23-20.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stopping Lynch and protecting the football are absolutely necessary. Otherwise, the Seahawks will chew up the clock and be playing with a short field. We don't want that. We depend on numerous possessions.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, Seahawks fan here. I've always loved the Packers too. Back when Bart Starr was the QB. Here's my take on the game:

DEFENSE: Hawks have an elite rushing defense so the Packers won't run successfully. Our pass rush hasn't generated sacks, but they've put enough pressure to disrupt the play. Rodgers will have some time, but he won't have all day. Our secondary is one of the leagues best. I don't look at yardage to judge a pass defense, I look at the opposing QB's QBrating. We're ranked 7th in the NFL in that category. Add to that our 12th man gives us an obvious advantage defensively and it would be unrealistic to expect GB to put up tons of points. But it would be unrealistic to expect Rodgers to be shut down either. So a score in the 20's would be a good bet.

Now when I look at the Packers D I see that they have a monster pass rush and our pass pro isn't great. We also have a rookie QB. Your secondary is good enough because with that pass rush they don't have to be elite. GB has the 3rd best pass defense when looking at QBratings. GB won't stop Lynch, however. Your rush defense isn't that great and our rushing offense is our strong suit. For that reason, we can go to our run game to take the pressure off Wilson. We drove for 90 and 88 yards against Dallas in the second half. Mostly on the ground.

When you have a rushing attack it takes away from the other teams ability to pass rush. When you don't have one, it allows the defense to do all sorts of things. GB won't have a rushing attack. Seattle will. What will that mean? I think it cancels out the advantage you have of Rodgers over a rookie QB. Seattle scoring in the 20's should also be a good bet.

Who will win? Common sense says the Pack are the better team and have a huge advantage in their pass rush vs a rookie QB. But our special teams have been awesome so far and it's a home game with the 12th man giving our D a huge advantage. So all things considered, I'm saying OT hawks win, 23-20.

I'd say your analysis is on the mark in many ways.

Our rush defense isn't great, but it's certainly better than last year. We didn't stop Frank Gore but we did much better against Chi's running game. Packer tackling was atrocious last year. This year it's much better. Enough to stop Lynch? Probably not. I fully expect Lynch to gain 100 yards on the ground. The question is whether that will be enough. Packers have been effective with a 4-man rush and haven't had to blitz much to get pressure on the opposing QB.

On the other hand, if Seattle has to blitz in order to get pressure on Rodgers, they'll be in trouble. Any great secondary is only so good when a great QB has time. Rodgers and co. have faced 2 defenses that have good pass rushes--SF and Chi--and Rodgers has been sacked a lot so far. The OL has been shaky so far, but in the 2nd half against the Bears they protected Rodgers much better and actually did some decent run-blocking too. Packers showed that they can run the ball against Chi. If Seattle goes full-tilt to get to Rodgers, that could open up the running game. . . unless the Packers are playing catch-up.

The way I see it, the Packers had better show up to play tonight or they'll be 1-2, but if Rodgers has more time and the offense starts to click, which they haven't so far, then the Packers should come out with a victory. Still, Seattle is a good up-and-coming team, and if Wilson has a good rookie season and gets a year under his belt, then hey, they could be real contenders for the next few years.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

Get back on top of your pecil, TROLL

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If jennings does play, and he should (according to NFL network) that will force SEA to double team him. I doubt that they think that can play him on man coverage....bring that legion of boom crap on man coverage and jennings and Nelson will light you up. I do think that Arod will have some time in the pocket, given that their pass rush is a joke. Their starting LT just came off injury to his right knee and is going up against CM3....good luck with that. I think the only factor will be stopping lynch EARLY to hush that crowd. If we do that we are gold for a win.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Pretty sure of yourself..............Pack wont, Pack can't..Seattle will

Lesson? Say Seattle should and Packers might not be able to

Because IF OR WHEN Packers can and do run and Seattle cant stop our passing attack, or stopping our run, your going to look foolish

I am pretty sure a Seattle loss, you wont be back...A Seattle win and you will be back..

But take my advice for the NEXT forum you visit

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I have never trolled an opposing teams forum before a game. I have visited as guest, but never posted. I think that since we have had trolls from the 49ers, bears and now seattle.....that have shown signs of being true classless trolls....the packers have the most class as a team and as fans. I know I spout off at the mouth on here, but only after provocation. These troll fans seem dilusional.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are the better team but lets not underestimate the Seahawks, I can see them giving us a problem. Our D got decent pressure on the Bears and we were able to generate a running game, but the Seahawks aren't the same. Oh and MATT FLYNN!!!! Did I say MATT FLYNN!!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I donno about that. Once we got Bush and Jennings off the field they looked a heck of lot better.
I was responding to the Seattle Fans post that suggested we don't have good DB's and was pointing out we have twice the INT's they do. I maybe should have preferenced it saying "You say we don't have good DB's but".....

H

HardRightEdge

I was responding to the Seattle Fans post that suggested we don't have good DB's and was pointing out we have twice the INT's they do. I maybe should have preferenced it saying "You say we don't have good DB's but".....
I see. In that case it turned out to be inadvertent dry humor on my part, so it's all good.

Members online

Latest posts