official Packers vs Seahawks MNF

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Didn find a thread. Look for DE to run circles around Newhouse. The biggest defensive threat is their secondary with a lot of height. On offense we all know Marshawn Lynch (nobody say we should have traded for him on this thread, that's not the purpose of this thread and the topic leads to a breakdown. We already have another thread for that expressed purpose linked: here.) and Russel Wilson (Same deal as with Lynch. Post complaints in the thread linked:here. If this thread degenerates I will ask the mods to get involved since I posted the links to the proper threads.) and the running threat they pose, but TE Zach Miller has to worry me the most. Sidney Rice is their #1 wr, with Golden Tate at #2. The twelfth man will also be present. We have some time before the game, so hopefully we can coordinate ourselves in that time, especially on offense. Your thoughts?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Not worried about seattle. If we can keep up even half that pass rush and ball hawking, R. Wilson will have a tough time. Their #1 WR S.rice, lol....T williams should have no trouble with him, and as far as Golden tate, that guy is a joke, he will get shut down too. Pack wins on the road : 31-13

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20-20. If you recall, Lynch had turned into a nightmare in Buffalo and the Packers were hoping for a healthy Grant/Starks. But to criticize TT for not making that call is really off the wall. Lynch got into a system that matched his power-running skills. A back in a Packers spread offense he does not match.
Not drafting Russell Wilson? Are you serious? Do you want a QB controversy? Wilson also has blossomed in Seattle with a QB-friendly coach, but are you seriously suggesting benching Aaron Rodgers for Russell Wilson? TT had some big holes to fill on defense and he did(apparently) so even bringing that up is just plain dumb.
To all Packers fans: henceforth use your heads and realize the Packers also operate under a salary cap. Coming up are big contracts for Jennings, Matthews, and Rodgers.(Bob McGinn correctly suggests TT should trade Jennings before the Oct. 30 deadline). We can't keep all the talent, and we can't sign all of free agents neither. Benson looks to be just enough to help the Packers do what needs to be done. He was also dirt-cheap compared to Lynch.
REMEMBER THE SALARY CAP...AND THE PROBLEMS THE PACKERS WILL HAVE NOT FAR OFF.
Regarding the Seahawks: every team in the NFL has respectable players. The question is, can they exploit the Packers? Tramon will be on Rice. Shields on Tate. If you see what the Packers defense could do to the Bears, they can do that to Russell Wilson. The question will be whether the Packers run defense(Hawk and Smith) can stop Lynch from controlling the game. If the Seahawks can't establish the run game, the Packers have a very good chance.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of the Seasquawks yet. They're kind of Jekyll and Hyde. You don't know what team will show up. But since they have the rookie starting at QB I think the Pack will handle them.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of the Seasquawks yet. They're kind of Jekyll and Hyde. You don't know what team will show up. But since they have the rookie starting at QB I think the Pack will handle them.

you mean like the giants? hope to see the packers offense a little more settled in this upcoming week...

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
you mean like the giants? hope to see the packers offense a little more settled in this upcoming week...
what are you talking about? The Giants? They were on a hot roll at the time and they just got their corps players back off injury.

Hope you know, the Giants and the seahawks are like apples and oranges. WAY different teams.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch (nobody say we should have traded for him on this thread, that's not the purpose of this thread and the topic leads to a breakdown. We already have another thread for that expressed purpose here.) and Russel Wilson (Same deal as with Lynch. Post complaints here. If this thread degenerates I will ask the mods to get involved since I posted the links to the proper threads.)
Hindsight is 20-20. If you recall, Lynch had turned into a nightmare in Buffalo and the Packers were hoping for a healthy Grant/Starks. But to criticize TT for not making that call is really off the wall. Lynch got into a system that matched his power-running skills. A back in a Packers spread offense he does not match.
Not drafting Russell Wilson? Are you serious? Do you want a QB controversy? Wilson also has blossomed in Seattle with a QB-friendly coach, but are you seriously suggesting benching Aaron Rodgers for Russell Wilson? TT had some big holes to fill on defense and he did(apparently) so even bringing that up is just plain dumb.
To all Packers fans: henceforth use your heads and realize the Packers also operate under a salary cap. Coming up are big contracts for Jennings, Matthews, and Rodgers.(Bob McGinn correctly suggests TT should trade Jennings before the Oct. 30 deadline). We can't keep all the talent, and we can't sign all of free agents neither. Benson looks to be just enough to help the Packers do what needs to be done. He was also dirt-cheap compared to Lynch.
REMEMBER THE SALARY CAP...AND THE PROBLEMS THE PACKERS WILL HAVE NOT FAR OFF.
What the hell did I just say. I don't want to see one more post whining about Lynch or Wilson, or prompting someone to whine about Lynch or Wilson. Take it to the d*** threads I posted links to. I posted the links so nobody would post inflammatory s*** like this on this thread. I'm not kidding when I say I'll call the mods.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it a win for the pack o-line will have it together, Clay and our d-line will get after Wilson he likes to run so they will have to keep an eye open for that.I think we can stop the run some what just like they did against the bears .

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what are you talking about? The Giants? They were on a hot roll at the time and they just got their corps players back off injury.

Hope you know, the Giants and the seahawks are like apples and oranges. WAY different teams.

im talking about a team that was 9 and 7 in the regular season. I'm not talking about what level of talent is on the roster, just that it doesn't always show up. NY was 1 game away from not even making the post-season.

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks have a mean mean defense... And they're very tough to play up in Seattle. Their defensive backfield is uber-physical and will harass anybodies receivers off the line.

I think the key is to establish the run to setup play action. The Niners have the luxury of excellent LBs so they don't have to stack the box to stop the run, but in my experience watching the Hawks, they will absolutely start to crowd the box if the run is working. Gash them for some big runs and they'll try cheating and that's when you take it to the house. Double moves always work well on over-aggressive corners as well.

BTW: I think I'll stick around for a while lol... Unless I'm bothering anyone. It's always fun to talk football.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Seahawks have a mean mean defense... And they're very tough to play up in Seattle. Their defensive backfield is uber-physical and will harass anybodies receivers off the line.

I think the key is to establish the run to setup play action. The Niners have the luxury of excellent LBs so they don't have to stack the box to stop the run, but in my experience watching the Hawks, they will absolutely start to crowd the box if the run is working. Gash them for some big runs and they'll try cheating and that's when you take it to the house. Double moves always work well on over-aggressive corners as well.

BTW: I think I'll stick around for a while lol... Unless I'm bothering anyone. It's always fun to talk football.
Not at all, glad to have your insight!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
What the hell did I just say. I don't want to see one more post whining about Lynch or Wilson, or prompting someone to whine about Lynch or Wilson. Take it to the d*** threads I posted links to. I posted the links so nobody would post inflammatory s*** like this on this thread. I'm not kidding when I say I'll call the mods.
HyponGrey, of course you have the right, within the rules, to start a thread and you have the right to bump threads too but…

I suggest you re-read the rules of this forum; nothing in the rules say the starter of a thread can dictate how posters respond to the thread they started. Being condescending to other Packers fans is not against the rules - at least as I read them - so I don't see anything in net's post that violates any rule. I would appreciate a mod weighing in on this if that's incorrect.

Also you were the one that bumped the Lynch and Wilson threads without adding anything substantive to them ("Inevitable bump" and "Russel-Wilson-Seattle-Seahawks bump"). I have a humble suggestion to you and others who, like me, would like to see those threads die since one is old news and the other is really old news: Ignore them.

As to the matchup with the Seahawks, my guess is their OL is not as bad as the Bears so I don't expect the kind of dominance we saw against the Bears. But as I've posted before, the Packers did get pressure against the 9ers, so I expect them to do so against the Seahawks. When the Packers' offense gets in sync is anyone's guess. Like all of you, I'm hoping it's this week…

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
HyponGrey, of course you have the right, within the rules, to start a thread and you have the right to bump threads too but…

I suggest you re-read the rules of this forum; nothing in the rules say the starter of a thread can dictate how posters respond to the thread they started. Being condescending to other Packers fans is not against the rules - at least as I read them - so I don't see anything in net's post that violates any rule. I would appreciate a mod weighing in on this if that's incorrect.

Also you were the one that bumped the Lynch and Wilson threads without adding anything substantive to them ("Inevitable bump" and "Russel-Wilson-Seattle-Seahawks bump"). I have a humble suggestion to you and others who, like me, would like to see those threads die since one is old news and the other is really old news: Ignore them.
Valid points... My perspective is this: as much as I'd like to see the topic die, I realize the futility of that wish. It's going to come up every time we play Seattle, that's just the fact. I'll settle for keeping the argument contained and isolated.
As to the matchup with the Seahawks, my guess is their OL is not as bad as the Bears so I don't expect the kind of dominance we saw against the Bears. But as I've posted before, the Packers did get pressure against the 9ers, so I expect them to do so against the Seahawks. When the Packers' offense gets in sync is anyone's guess. Like all of you, I'm hoping it's this week…
Agreed, The only names I recognize on their depth chart are Breno and Unger, but they did enough against the Cowboys. As you pointed out we got pressure on the 49ers, and if we can pressure them, we can pressure just about anybody.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Shaz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50807

LOL.... they are predicting the seahawks win 35-6 and that we dont have decent DB's...lol

Try not to take that too seriously, we have a couple of fans who go a bit overboard in their optimism. Most people on Seahawks.net are pretty realistic and grounded, every team has the uber excited fans and outlandish predictions. It will be a great game and can't wait for MNF next week

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Try not to take that too seriously, we have a couple of fans who go a bit overboard in their optimism. Most people on Seahawks.net are pretty realistic and grounded, every team has the uber excited fans and outlandish predictions. It will be a great game and can't wait for MNF next week

I didnt take it serious when the guy said AJ Hawk is pretty good

lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's kind of a breath of fresh air for the Pack to be the team so many underestimate, rather than the team to beat with
a big target on them. I think they may benefit by passing the target over to the Niners.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Mr Finch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys Im a Seahawks fan that has always kind of liked the Packers for whatever reason. Dating back to the days of Don Majkowski. Anyway Im not a troll at all just noticed someone noticed some idiot on seahawks.net that was predicting 35-6 in favor of Seattle. I literally cringe when I see predictions like that, regardless of the team you are playing. A win like that cannot be predicted IMO.

Anyway, I thought Id post some other good Seattle message boards you guys may find interesting besides Seahawks.net, and both with more intelligent insight IMO.

Enjoy!

www.seahawkblue.com
www.seattlepi.com

on the latter, just click the sports link to Seahawks and look for the forum there. Easy to find and usually up on the righht hand side of the page.

Good luck this week guys.

My take on the game is simple. May the team that wants it more win and lets play it clean and hard and hopefully the refs dont take away from the battle.

VegasSeahawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys, Seahawk fan here!

I've been watching football for a long time. Long enough that I was actually a die hard Packer fan before I was a die hard Seahawk fan (Seattle didn't get a team until 76). Funny how that works out. It's no surprise then that I've always had a soft spot for the Packers, even to this day. It doesn't hurt that you have classy fans as well.

Here is some info on our team as I see it. I'd love to get some thoughts about your team / players outside the big names I already know so much about. Where do you think you will struggle / excel? Why?

On to the Seahawks..

Defensively, we have an excellent secondary. Brandon Browner gets a lot of love from the media, but Richard Sherman is actually our best CB and a pro-bowl type guy. Kam Chancellor, our starting strong safety and one of my favorite players on the team, is built more like a LB and lays down the wood like one too. Whitten got decked by him in the last game and dropped numerous balls after the hit. Earl Thomas is the big name guy on our defense, and quite honestly, probably one of our best players. Our front four are stout against the run, with Mebane and Red Bryant being the centerpieces in my eyes. Keep an eye on Big Red Bryant, he is a nasty big man who loves to disrupt any and all plays.

The problem with our defense, which I think the Packers will expose quickly, is our inability to get to the passer. To address this, we signed Jason Jones in the offseason for his ability to rush up the gut. We selected Bruce Irvin in the first round, and while he had a .5 sack on Sunday (mostly due to Jason Jones coming up the middle), he hasn't shown much. Chris Clemons is our veteran DE and our best pass rusher.

On offense, you know the drill. Our OL-men are mean and nasty road graters. The fight, spit, punch, and kick their way through the game. Real hard nosed guys. While our running game is explosive, our pass protection has been anything but. You might see PC switch our RG throughout the game. The reason this is interesting is that Seattle selected a DL in the 7th round of this years draft named J.R. Sweezy and converted him to OL. The coaching staff has been really high on this kids potential. He started our first game against Arizona, played poorly (in retrospect he was pretty good for a guy who hasn't played OL before), and split reps with our previous starting RG John Moffit this Sunday against Dallas. If I were GB, I would be looking to exploit J.R. Sweezy's lack of experience.

Our LT Okung has a ton of potential but is always hurt, which has earned him the nickname Russel BrOkung. He sat out last week with a knee contusion. Elvis Dumervill kicked his *** in the preseason as well, so as a Seahawk fan I am quite worried about Clay Matthews. Expect him to have a big day if Okung comes out as slow and stiff as he did in the Arizona game.

Russell Wilson is a rookie, but has more poise than most. He isn't afraid to take a hit and doesn't get rattled. He had great accuracy in the preseason, but routinely sailed balls high during the first game, and through most of the first half on Sunday. When he finally settled down in the 2nd half our offense began to click. He is mobile and will gash your defense if you let him. The good news is that Seattle has been running a really vanilla offense with him. Russell Wilson is an extremely bright kid, so one can only assume that Seattle wants him to "manage" the game and minimize mistakes rather than carry the team on his shoulders. This is why we lean heavily on our run game, so that we do not have to rely on our rookie QB to make all the plays.

Outside of Lynch (who I'm sure you are all familiar with), our rookie Robert "The Hulk" (find a photo of this guy to see why we call him the Hulk) Turbin is a hard powerful runner just like Marshawn Lynch. Leon Washington is our special teams standout and is always a threat to return a punt or kickoff.

Receiver wise I would peg Golden Tate as our best wide out. Most Seahawk fans would point to Sidney Rice, but Tate is going to be huge this year. Doug Bladwin was our best wide-out last year, but he has been relatively quiet thus far. Sidney Rice is great, but he has trouble staying on the field. TE's Zach Miller and Anthony McCoy have both been playing good football but we've rarely run two TE sets.

While I'd love to peg this up as a win for Seattle, I think we will struggle due to our lackluster pass rush. I think GB will have some great opportunity to put a lot of points on the board.

That said, hopefully this Seahawak team will surprise some of you guys and earn some respect. They are tough as nails and fight tooth and nail through the whistle.

So here is to a good game and no injuries to either side!

Good luck, and if Seattle doesn't make the playoffs this year I'll be rooting for you guys all the way.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks, no doubt, are a much better home team than on the road. The 12th man has and can make a difference especially for them. Our focus must be to slow down Lynch and turn up the pass rush on passing downs. On offense we cannot get too suckered into those false starts and make the field much larger. This is the kind of game in which the Seahawks and their crowd can make you feel mortal all of a sudden. How the Cowboys could sputter that badly after putting one on the Giants is hard to understand.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game has a very interesting line (Packers -3.5). Being a road favorite in Seattle is tough. If the defense plays like it did against Chicago the Packers should move to 2-1 on the season.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not worried about seattle. If we can keep up even half that pass rush and ball hawking, R. Wilson will have a tough time. Their #1 WR S.rice, lol....T williams should have no trouble with him, and as far as Golden tate, that guy is a joke, he will get shut down too. Pack wins on the road : 31-13

This is the kind of attitude that gets us loses. The Packers weren't worried about the Giants either until it was damn near over. You have to be worried about Seattle. The crowd is mean up there, and Russell Wilson can really burn you if you let him.

I do think that our receivers will have an advantage over their DBs because of our experience vs. their youth, but I would not take that advantage for granted.

As in the TNF Bears game, defense will be the big difference between and win and a loss. I hope to see the Seahawks on their backs, begging for the game to be over, obviously but I cannot say I am not worried about them.

Also, I hope that MM gets Benson another 20 touches and he does what he did in the Bears game (or even better!). That will really help to keep the 'Hawks honest and really open up our passing game even more.

Members online

Latest posts