Official Packers vs Saints thread

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite, but I will only view as a guest.
Same here.
I used to respect the Saints and even sorta liked them. Cheered or was happy when they won the SB.
But then we found out just how dirty and low they are. Just as low as scum.
Now I hate 'em and hope the Packers not just beat them but beat them badly.
Here's to the Saints becoming the 'Aint's again.
It's pathetic that they couldn't win the SB as the Packers did. With class, fair and square and with integrity.
They should have had the SB title stripped from them.

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same here.
I used to respect the Saints and even sorta liked them. Cheered or was happy when they won the SB.
It's pathetic that they couldn't win the SB as the Packers did. With class, fair and square and with integrity.

And just exactly "what" did you find out?

All of this bounty crap goes back to one disguntled ex-employee the Saints fired. Goodell thought he saw a chance to get a head-start against the tidal wave of concussion-related lawsuits that are being filed by retired NFL players.

And how is the Saints win in the Super Bowl tarnished? Should the Patriots have their SB titles stripped as well because of their PROVEN cheating?

The Saints aren't guilty of doing anything the other 31 teams are doing; paying players for sacks, recovering fumbles, making interceptions, downing a punt inside the 10-yd line etc.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Saints aren't guilty of doing anything the other 31 teams are doing; paying players for sacks, recovering fumbles, making interceptions, downing a punt inside the 10-yd line etc.
Here's the problem with revisionist history in the internet age: (Caution to those with sensitive ears, the “f” word is used a lot). Here’s an abbreviated version of Gregg Williams' "Bounty Audio":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhnn9kbqQUA

Although against the rules, it’s one thing for teams to pay for the items you mention. It’s quite another for the DC to challenge his players to intentionally injure specific players in specific ways: Going so far as to suggest they put a lick on a player who had suffered a concussion, that they “take out that outside ACL” of a particular player and repeatedly exhorting them to “affect the head” of another. You will need a lot of evidence to back up a claim that all teams do that. Common sense suggests this isn't the first time this was done or frankly that higher ups in the organization didn't realize it was going on.

Having said that, I’ve put this issue aside as well as the incompetents stealing a victory from the Packers Monday. I hope this thread will continue discussing the upcoming game rather than re-litigating the past.

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but a question of "The most respected team in the NFL" was posted a few days ago in the Saints forum, and the overwhelming response from Saints fans was the Packers.

IF the Saints can protect Drew Brees AND not commit any turnovers, the Saints have a decent chance of winning.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers will take it,..... Saints coaching is lost right now.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but a question of "The most respected team in the NFL" was posted a few days ago in the Saints forum, and the overwhelming response from Saints fans was the Packers.

IF the Saints can protect Drew Brees AND not commit any turnovers, the Saints have a decent chance of winning.

My understanding is that with regard to the OL, the Saints are in the same boat as the Packers. Decent to good on the interior, but their tackles suck, making them susceptible to the outside pass rush, just like with the Packers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And how is the Saints win in the Super Bowl tarnished? Should the Patriots have their SB titles stripped as well because of their PROVEN cheating?.
Hmmmm......
Cheatriots have not won a SB since they were caught and for now the Saints are returning to the days of the 'Aint's.
Coincidence?
I doubt it.
I won't be surprised at all if the one "Saints" (Had to put it in quotes cause they don't act like Saints) SB win is all they will ever get for decades or our lifetime.

For some things we will bury our heads in the sand and believe what we want to believe.
Just like how there are those out there that insist that Lee Harvey Oswald is the lone gunman and it was one magic bullet that did all that damage and death.
Or that Brent Fail was the best QB ever to play the game despite one SB win while losing another.

Standing up for your team whose reputation is tarnished on an opposing teams forum is like going into a knife fight with a twig.
You just ain't gonna get anyone on your side or win.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Just like how there are those out there that insist that Lee Harvey Oswald is the lone gunman and it was one magic bullet that did all that damage and death.
This obviously isn’t the place to discuss this in depth but this is a bad analogy. I used to believe it too - and I was alive when it happened and have read and seen volumes on the assassination. Check the more recent forensic science on that bullet. (BTW the so-called “magic” bullet didn’t kill anyone.)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

In today's society, everything gets blown out of proportion to kingdom come. Every perceived slight becomes a matter worthy of digging in your heels and fighting for to the death....I'm not sure that I trust the information that comes out of the NFL these days, or the days leading up to what has become known as "bounty gate" and frankly, I'm not really interested in that junk.

Still and the same, at last year's season opener with the Saints, I met an awful lot of extremely decent Saints fans ... and lots of pretty visitors of the female persuasion with black hair, which is one of my admitted weaknesses ;) ... and I'm just more inclined to "like" or "dislike" fans of an organization before I'll dismiss an entire organization (that isn't named the Bears). So...I'm not going to make any angry sweeping generalizations regarding the Saints organization, I'll say that I sincerely hope the Saints turnaround begins NEXT week. :)

In the meantime, this game is going to be one great big pain-in-the-*ss, but it's going to be a dandy. The two teams most 'rogered' by the NFL going head to head ... think Goodell is going to show up to do the coin flip?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This obviously isn’t the place to discuss this in depth but this is a bad analogy. I used to believe it too - and I was alive when it happened and have read and seen volumes on the assassination. Check the more recent forensic science on that bullet. (BTW the so-called “magic” bullet didn’t kill anyone.)
Yeah I know but it's all I could come up with at the moment.
If you or anyone else wants to come up with a different and more appropriate example of how people will believe something to fit their agenda when the truth is overlooked, be my guest.
I didn't mean any offense and I apologize if any was taken.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the meantime, this game is going to be one great big pain-in-the-*ss, but it's going to be a dandy. The two teams most 'rogered' by the NFL going head to head ... think Goodell is going to show up to do the coin flip?
That's the rub. Both of these teams won't have the distractions of scab refs for the first time and can focus on the game at hand.
But I do expect the Packers to win since the Saints D-Fence may not have the extra incentive of cash rewards to kill A-Rod as they, no doubt, had before.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You would see .25 a gallon gasoline before you would see Goodell @ this game.

My son dropped one on me yesterday... "yeah, and if you had four balls you'd be TWICE the man I am..." ***** ... I think his Momma dropped him on his head a lot when I wasn't looking. ;)

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would be interested in seeing the link.

Crawfish

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Such class!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Anyway, here's to a good game. It was exciting the last time we played and I expect it to be another thriller. Hopefully our D can pick it up today.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Same here.

Think that is a bit hard IMHO. The league investigated it and found several players guilty fair enough, but this is the same league that has caused this latest debacle over the officials !!! I lost quite a lot of faith in them after this business, and don`t think are quite the "above reproach" ******** we were supposed to imagine. They were investigated, found guilty and punished. Lets move on.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

And if I`m not mistaken, wasn`t Hargrove one of those "Cheats" ? It didn`t seem to bother us when we signed him.

My anamosity is aimed at the Seahawks for the rest of this season at least.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The regular refs are back and waved to the crowd like celebrities while coming onto the field. They seem better in a sense they can tie their own shoes, are able to have somewhat of a thought process and know each team gets three timeouts per half and not eight. However, they are making bad calls, staying with the ruling after review, which make me wonder if they really are the regular refs and not the replacements. Also, this is a knee jerk reaction, but as the Packers defense is getting carved up like a turkey and Clay Mathews is the ONLY defensive player to ever show up in a Green Bay uniform, it would be my dream to fire Dom Capers and issue a restraining order keeping him out of Lambeau and replacing 90 percent of our defense.

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys should hold on to win this game but doggone it, these referrees are making it very difficult for you.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense looked pretty good this week like we have all been saying running the ball with Cedric Benson is the key helping us balance our attack.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the replacement refs back. You should have seen this last call, which happened even after I made this post. Sprowls was returning for the Saints and fumbles while standing straight up. Apparently, that is now called down by contact. These union thugs need to be fired and the replacements brought back.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YUP the run game is key...... this game should not have been that close....