(OFFICIAL) Packers vs Rams game comments/thoughts...

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah what if he goes for the FG with 40 seconds left at our 11 yard line and it gets blocked? Yeah I bet Packer fans wouldn't be upset at all then. He played to win. I'm proud of MM not playing "not to lose" by kicking a FG and praying to God himself we win the coin toss in OT.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any team would keep going for the win like the packers did in that type of situation, to not try and get the win right then in there would be stupid and it would show your offense that you have really no faith in them to win this game right now. "S**t happens, no offense to whoever said that question but in my mind i thought it was a pretty dumb question.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Any team would keep going for the win like the packers did in that type of situation, to not try and get the win right then in there would be stupid and it would show your offense that you have really no faith in them to win this game right now. "S**t happens, no offense to whoever said that question but in my mind i thought it was a pretty dumb question.

Amen.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
PackerLegend said:

Amen.

I second that Amen!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course you gotta take your shots especially when you're struggling and looking for a win. The one other thing I never understand is when teams play for overtime. Well can't the same thing that happens in the last minute of the 4th (ie:fumble) happen just as easily in OT. It's as if some people think you get a point just for making it to OT. I'd say you have a better chance of winning going for it from the opponents 11 as you do starting a drive on OT from your own 20

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were say at midfield with 44 seconds to go and no TO's I could then understand trying to get enough yards for the FG. But at their 11 yard line with 44 seconds to go and only 2nd down you take a couple shots at the end zone.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
THIS GUY HAS A QUESTION YET TO BE ANSEWRED! WHY IN THE GOOD WORLD OF GREEN BAY WERE THE PACKERS PASSING THE BALL WITH 30 SECONDS LEFT AND IN FG RANGE? Well id like to hear it from MM or whoever made the decision. I was yelling it before the play even happened. Why pass? why pass? oh well. we have a whole nother week to think this one over ;)

All I can say is 'wow'. :doh:

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
agopackgo4 said:
THIS GUY HAS A QUESTION YET TO BE ANSEWRED! WHY IN THE GOOD WORLD OF GREEN BAY WERE THE PACKERS PASSING THE BALL WITH 30 SECONDS LEFT AND IN FG RANGE? Well id like to hear it from MM or whoever made the decision. I was yelling it before the play even happened. Why pass? why pass? oh well. we have a whole nother week to think this one over ;)

The ironic part is he is probably the same type of fan that would be crying about playing not to lose if we had tried the FG right away to go to OT.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
NDPackerFan said:
agopackgo4 said:

The ironic part is he is probably the same type of fan that would be crying about playing not to lose if we had tried the FG right away to go to OT.

Yeah, what's McCarthy thinking by calling a pass play with 44 seconds to go on the Rams 11 yard line, down by 3 points......IT'S CALLED DOING WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO...TRY AND WIN THE FRIGGIN' GAME!!!

Members online

Latest posts