(OFFICIAL) Packers vs Rams game comments/thoughts...

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
The worst thing is that Martin was wide open for the winning TD.

Where was this? You may be right I'm not saying you aren't, but was it shown on the replay?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: what a way to lose

Cory said:
packerfanfourever said:
Cory said:
all about da packers said:
I think Favre held it too long.

It was a shotgun play with a deep drop. Tauscher got beat and Favre didn't see it coming. None the less Colledge should have had it for the love of Gawd. No matter what happens between Favre and Tauscher, that's on Colledge IMO.

why is that on Colledge? no way you need to protect the ball at point of the game, I am sorry but you can not blame Colledge on that one that one was on Brett.

Because Colledge had the ball right in his damn arms with no one around him at all. NO REASON AT ALL he should have let that one get outa his hands. Tauscher got beat to death and Favre got the ball knocked outa his hands.

Tauscher screwed up and got beat at what GB is paying him to do. Colledge dove on the ball and it just popped out. While Colledge should of recovered it Tauscher made the bigger football mistake. Little schooled him all the way. It was a mixture of Tauscher getting owned. Favre not getting rid of the ball early and Colledge not recovering the fumble.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: what a way to lose

porky88 said:
Cory said:
packerfanfourever said:
Cory said:
I think Favre held it too long.

It was a shotgun play with a deep drop. Tauscher got beat and Favre didn't see it coming. None the less Colledge should have had it for the love of Gawd. No matter what happens between Favre and Tauscher, that's on Colledge IMO.

why is that on Colledge? no way you need to protect the ball at point of the game, I am sorry but you can not blame Colledge on that one that one was on Brett.

Because Colledge had the ball right in his damn arms with no one around him at all. NO REASON AT ALL he should have let that one get outa his hands. Tauscher got beat to death and Favre got the ball knocked outa his hands.

Tauscher screwed up and got beat at what GB is paying him to do. Colledge dove on the ball and it just popped out. While Colledge should of recovered it Tauscher made the bigger football mistake. Little schooled him all the way. It was a mixture of Tauscher getting owned. Favre not getting rid of the ball early and Colledge not recovering the fumble.

You're absolutely right I know, but I think the Collegde part of it ****** me off the most.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
TOPackerFan said:

Where was this? You may be right I'm not saying you aren't, but was it shown on the replay?

If you watched the replay from behind Brett you can see Martin running a seam route wide open and clapping his hands (much like Bubba in the first half).

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we wont into ot and the rams got the ball first its almost guarnteed that we would have lost.

out pass d sucks

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Cory said:
TOPackerFan said:

If you watched the replay from behind Brett you can see Martin running a seam route wide open and clapping his hands (much like Bubba in the first half).

I missed it. Of course I did leave the room after the play so I didn't see the replay.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
i don't know - maybe it's just me but - i honestly thought we'd lose this game - BADLY!! since we were in it the whole game, i thought it was enjoyable - well, except for the end, that is. ;)

At least you got a good attitude, I'll try to think positives. "Ifs" will just end up driving me nuts.
"If "Ifs" and "buts" were cherrys and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas :)

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
if we wont into ot and the rams got the ball first its almost guarnteed that we would have lost.

out pass d sucks

I would rather have the chance to stop em to be honest, but to me it's not guaranteed considering our pass defense stuffed the Rams on their last attempt at a drive.

ChrisFrmTampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this is my 1st post, I am from Tampa, and I will not stop wearing the jersey and supporting the pack. Regardless if they lose or win they are still our team, I assume if your on this site your a packer fan. Even tho they lose week after week, I get more and more excited for my trip to Lambeau at the end of the month for the Cardinal's game.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a comment The pack at wr should look like this

1 Driver
2 Jennings
3 Robinson
4 Ferguson

hopefully they will keep Robinson in front of Ferguson if they dont there stupid

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say, Brett should have thrown, to me it looked like he hesitated for a moment, and that moment cost us. :(

Hate to disagree but once again we are losing, by 10 this time with nine minutes left on the clock and Brett is forced to try and be the hero again.

The "game plan" is what has been killing us, time and time again !!!

Reaction score
Looking back, actually I'd say the Rams were the better team, and they shot themselves with their constant penalties in the first half.

If they didn't have half as many penalties, they would have have dominated the first half too IMO.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking back, actually I'd say the Rams were the better team, and they shot themselves with their constant penalties in the first half.

If they didn't have half as many penalties, they would have have dominated the first half too IMO.

Agree aadp,

We could have been a lot worse off if it were not for those penalties !!!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Packers seems to lose their concentration totally when they start playing in the second half. No abillity to move the ball on offense whatsoever, they need to friggin concentrate.

Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
the Packers seems to lose their concentration totally when they start playing in the second half. No abillity to move the ball on offense whatsoever, they need to friggin concentrate.

Honestly, I think its more so the fact that the teams we face fix their mistakes, which expose the Packers and how inexperienced and young we really are.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

Honestly, I think its more so the fact that the teams we face fix their mistakes, which expose the Packers and how inexperienced and young we really are.

I still can't get over Colledge not falling on the ball. Amazing.

Reaction score
Cory said:
GakkofNorway said:

I still can't get over Colledge not falling on the ball. Amazing.

I know what you mean. I still can't believe he fell on the top of the ball, and it still squirted out.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A short Rams - Packers highlights video has been uploaded onto the packers.com multimedia section...

Watching Colledge flounce on that ball is just cringeworthy :cry:

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After hearing the commentary and seeing the play again it looked as is Favre was getting ready to hit Martin as Martin got open just as Favre got the ball stripped.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THIS GUY HAS A QUESTION YET TO BE ANSEWRED! WHY IN THE GOOD WORLD OF GREEN BAY WERE THE PACKERS PASSING THE BALL WITH 30 SECONDS LEFT AND IN FG RANGE? Well id like to hear it from MM or whoever made the decision. I was yelling it before the play even happened. Why pass? why pass? oh well. we have a whole nother week to think this one over ;)

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
THIS GUY HAS A QUESTION YET TO BE ANSEWRED! WHY IN THE GOOD WORLD OF GREEN BAY WERE THE PACKERS PASSING THE BALL WITH 30 SECONDS LEFT AND IN FG RANGE? Well id like to hear it from MM or whoever made the decision. I was yelling it before the play even happened. Why pass? why pass? oh well. we have a whole nother week to think this one over ;)

Um, maybe to score a TD and win the game. Instead of chancing it in OT. Throw the ball and if you don't get it, make a FG.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo said:
agopackgo4 said:

Um, maybe to score a TD and win the game. Instead of chancing it in OT. Throw the ball and if you don't get it, make a FG.

kicking the fg would have been the smarter thing to do gopackgo. their are so many things that could happen and you saw one of the many possiblities. but at the same time its the same thing for a fg.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
gopackgo said:
agopackgo4 said:

kicking the fg would have been the smarter thing to do gopackgo. their are so many things that could happen and you saw one of the many possiblities. but at the same time its the same thing for a fg.

Looking back and knowing what you know now, yes. But you can't make that judgement. Hell, that's like saying everytime we get within range, let's kick a field goal because of the chance of an INT or a fumble. You can't do that. We had 44 seconds. Plenty of time, even to throw a pass and still spike the ball. You play to win the game. You always can fall back onto a FG. What happened was a fluke, and if we are in the same situation next week, I would go for it again.

Members online

Latest posts