Official Packers vs Raiders:Preseason Game #3 Thread

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Surprised no one made a thread yet on this.

I wonder how long Rodgers and rest of the first team offense will play tonight. Also I hope there is less penaltys tonight.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Rodgers and the #1 offense to play at least the entire 1st quarter. Maybe more. Rodgers surely will not play next week against the Chiefs, so this is the only game he has to fine tune his game before playing the Seahawks. I just hope there are NO significant injuries..

PackersBacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I though the offense looked polished. I thought Rodgers forced a few throws to try to get everyone involved, especially to Adams, and they didn't work out. Cobb got the ball in open space but dropped the ball multiple times. That's not typical, and I can't imagine he'll keep dropping balls like that. So the stats look bad, but I think we are actaully just fine.

I mean I hope he doesn't start dropping passes, that would hurt our offense a lot. I liked what I saw from Richard Rogers though.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go with Tolzien alone. Use that extra roster spot for Jayrone Elliott. I will be seriously pissed if he does not make the roster. I also feel he ought to have played against the ones to get a better look at him

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go with Tolzien alone. Use that extra roster spot for Jayrone Elliott. I will be seriously pissed if he does not make the roster. I also feel he ought to have played against the ones to get a better look at him
I'm not sure about going with just Tolzien, but I agree whole heartedly that Elliot should make the 53.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure about going with just Tolzien, but I agree whole heartedly that Elliot should make the 53.
Were screwed if Rodgers should go down for any length of time, so it really does not matter all that much. What does matter is bringing that defense up to par. I think Elliott can help do that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Good:
Peppers looked impressive and did not appear as old as they say he is

Lacy: Wow. He looked like he could do whatever he wanted.

Harris: I'm excited for him. He looked good 2 years ago, then he had a softball sized cyst removed from his chest cavity. I was excited for him - imagine as his body adjusts and he can take in more air into his lungs? He may be better than anyone realized.

Sherrod: He looked excellent. He moved - played strong - the plays I watched him he looked better than Bahk. Of course he was playing against #2 defenders - but it was a very promising showing.

Elliot: Holy Toledo! Want to see him against top offensive players. He may be a 1 trick pony - I didn't watch too much of him, but he did the speed move each time I did watch. At the very least - we need to try to stash him on the PS and develop him more.

Raji: Optimistic about his impact this coming season. Looked more like Raji 2010 than 2013. Hope the arm isn't much to worry about.

Tolzien: Capable now and still developing. I feel confident he could fill in if need be and not cost us too much.

Could have done better

Rodgers. Not sure he looked as sharp as he has in the past. I suspect it was more of the WR fault. But I don't think we moved the ball through the air as well as we should be able to.

Adams: I am a bit surprised he isn't doing better. Maybe he is having trouble digesting the playbook - but I don't see him doing as well as I expected.

First cuts:

Andrew Tiller: Penalty and overall uninspired play.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DOes anyone know where I can watch the tribute to Woodson video? Thanks.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's give some credit to Nick Perry. He played well and in addition to his strip sack, he
Had a few QB pressures.

Richard Rodgers also had a nice game. He needs to improve his blocking, but he showed
He can contribute to the passing game.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's give some credit to Nick Perry. He played well and in addition to his strip sack, he
Had a few QB pressures.

Richard Rodgers also had a nice game. He needs to improve his blocking, but he showed
He can contribute to the passing game.

I think Perry may have saved himself a roster spot. Not sure how he does it but he is a ball stripping freak. If you count last night's sack, which was against starters, Nick Perry has produced 9 sacks in about a season's worth of games. Of those 9 he's stripped the ball 5 times. Note that I am also counting that beautiful hit he put on Andrew Luck that was stupidly flagged.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • House is an enigma...he will look like a solid starter one game and then look lost the next. If he can stay consistent there's your replacement for Tramon Williams ...who won't be back unless he has a monster yr because he will demand to much money while House should be a lot cheaper to retain. There's a reason he saw a lot if action.
People who are jumping back on the Tolzien train pump the brakes. Flynn is a regular season qb and has always been. You guys are so quick to forget that if not for him we lose against Minnesota and Dallas ...and never see that remarkable play Rodgers to Cobb vs Chicago to lift us into the PLAYOFFS! I have more faith in him than Tolzien hands down.

Harris is a beast, little guy who runs 30 pounds heavier but has burst to outrun ppl, and quickness to make you miss. I can honestly say I'm ok with any of the three starting. We have 3 legit 1's in our backfield and that makes us a tough matchup for anyone especially come winter.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
We have 3 legit 1's in our backfield and that makes us a tough matchup for anyone especially come winter.

Agreed. Lacy looks great. Starks continues to run with a chip. And Harris looks like a mini-beast.

Does any other team in the NFL have three backs with this much potential/talent?

As much as I hope the Pack keep all three, is there any chance one becomes trade bait? Starks?

D

Deleted member 6794

Agreed. Lacy looks great. Starks continues to run with a chip. And Harris looks like a mini-beast.

Does any other team in the NFL have three backs with this much potential/talent?

As much as I hope the Pack keep all three, is there any chance one becomes trade bait? Starks?

I don't see any reason for the Packers to trade any of their top three RBs.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Did anybody go from here ? How was James Jones received by the crowd ? I KNOW we don`t root for the enemy but I really wanted his catch to be a T.D. in the first half. He`ll always be a favourite of mine. :tup:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would say no.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Not so fast! If the right offer comes along...
Imo, the right offer is more likely to come along for one of the backup QB's.

Harris again displayed amazingly quick feet. He seems to always elude the first tackler he encounters. I don't see any of the 3 being traded.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
History would prove otherwise. Flynn has saved us before.

On another note, some people are talking about the possibility of trading away a RB. I don't see that happening. I don't really see what kind of offer could be a right offer. Either we wouldn't be getting enough or they would be getting really screwed. I don't agree that we have 3 legit starters. Lacy is our only legit starter. Starks has proven he can't stay healthy enough to be a #1, so he's a #2. Harris is way too small to be a #1. We have exactly what we need, a good #1, a solid #2, and a complimentary #3.

Considering we are completely screwed at the NT position, I could see one of them being trade material but I do believe it is also rather ulikely. Possible but not probable.

Members online

Latest posts