OFFICIAL Packers VS Lions - The Matt Flynn Game

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you say Brees will win MVP by default? What does that even mean? So youre saying because Rodgers was shut down by the coaching staff, that automatically makes Brees the MVP? What if Rodgers did play today, whos the MVP then?

If Rodgers played today, he would at least have the opportunity to add to his TD Pass total, increase his QBR and get a little closer to the 5,000 yard total. Those three areas would have possibly kept him far enough ahead of Brees to take the MVP. Granted, he could have gone out and laid an egg today, but by not playing, it allows Brees one more game to catch him TD passes and that is the one category that most of the analysts have discussed in Rodgers' favor for the award.

I'm not saying Brees deserves the award but that's just how perceive the voters deciding based on listening to numerous discussions on the issue the past few weeks.

If Brees does get the award, I'll be okay with it as he did get screwed a couple years ago when they gave it to Manning instead of him even though Brees had a much better season.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would assume a lot more than stats are considered when decided the NFL MVP. With Rodgers sitting today, his reg season passer rating is 122, passing Dan Marino all time. Brees rating is only 108. 1 record down. Rodgers is 5 TD's away from season record. I highly doubt in this game, Rodgers would get the opportunity to even thrown 5 TD's.

If we want to dive further into the stats, Brees, completion % is only 2 points higher than Rodgers. Rodgers % wont change today, Brees % could drop 3 points and Rodgers wins that stat. Brees is 3 TD's away from a tie with Rodgers, but has thrown 7 more interceptions.Obviously, Rodgers cannot pass Brees passing yards. You say he could come closer to 5000 yds, but as we all know, close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

QBR is a new concept this year developed by ESPN. Im not sure MVP voters will hang their hats soley on QBR is TD's thrown.

I cannot understand giving Brees the MVP by default. Sorry

Go Pack Go

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And on top of all of this, Rodgers has sat out portions of a few game.... this all has to be taken into consideration, and I believe it will.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ruvell Martin is down for the Bills... took a helmet to the helmet/shoulder on his way down after a catch.
I loved Ruvell....... but our receiving corps is much better now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Clifton kicking the rust off today.
Hope he can get ready by the end of the game.
Having him, Bulaga, and Newhouse healthy would be huge... keeping TJ Lang at LG where he belongs.

Meanwhile... in Foxboro, the Bills lead the Patriots 14-0 and have anotehr 1st down at the Pats 15-yard line.
They are the #1 seed if they win.
If they lose, could be BAD news for Belichick.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow this team looks pretty damn good with the secondaries in!

Flynn has potential... probably the best back up in the league

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having him, Bulaga, and Newhouse healthy would be huge... keeping TJ Lang at LG where he belongs.

Meanwhile... in Foxboro, the Bills lead the Patriots 14-0 and have anotehr 1st down at the Pats 15-yard line.

I am a patriots fan (i am sure most know this already) but my hopes for that team this season is coming to an end.

The defense is atrocious and the offense starts too slow. oh well,

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schit.... we're gonna start near our goalline here as that Lion Wendling did a good job there...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

For real!!! I've missed Clifton!!! I now feel better about our O-Line situation going into the playoffs. Or at least better than I did following the Chiefs game. Shuffling all those guards and O-Linemen around was starting to make me lose my fur.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
For real!!! I've missed Clifton!!! I now feel better about our O-Line situation going into the playoffs. Or at least better than I did following the Chiefs game. Shuffling all those guards and O-Linemen around was starting to make me lose my fur.

I think I said that Cliff would play to get some time in then he will have two weeks to rest basicly

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How bad is it to be a Lions fan and knowing they are losing right now to a team resting the big named players???

Were are our Lions fans?

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WoW... matt flynn is a monster.

And how about jordy nelson? IMO, he is just as valuable to the packers as jennings is, if not more.

Lionsfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys proud fans of a team that is clearly being handed games ??

Seriously you guys are not that dumb or blind as to what is going on

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys proud fans of a team that is clearly being handed games ??

Seriously you guys are not that dumb or blind as to what is going on
The refs have been horrible. All in the Packers favor.
But we're sitting our MVP QB, our #1 WR, and our #1 RB, and we have 24 points on your defense in the first half, in very windy, cold conditions.

What's that say about your defense?

Lionsfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs have been horrible. All in the Packers favor.
But we're sitting our MVP QB, our #1 WR, and our #1 RB, and we have 24 points on your defense in the first half, in very windy, cold conditions.

What's that say about your defense?

It says the same about your offense

4 of our starters are sitting out as well

I'm not saying the Packers are a bad team
I'm saying the officials need to start calling games
fairly and honestly for ALL TEAMS !!!

Members online

Latest posts