Official Packers vs Cowboys

Sky King

Reaction score
We haven't won a game when Matt Cassel has started at QB. Our one world class receiver hasn't played well since breaking his foot. Our world class Tight End is slow and past it. Our Defence can't get turnovers or pull out the big stops on 3rd down.

And that's why we'll beat you, blind, mad, desperate hope

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

...or not.

Where's Richard Widmark when you need him?

Would you settle for Fess Parker and Buddy Ebsen?

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will win this one- a solid victory. The Vikes will lose to the Cardinals..

OK. Check this out. Packers win out and end up 12 and 4. Cardinals lose to Seattle. we own the tie breaker and get the #2 seed!! :)

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shoulda known we could count on that stupid **** Jay Gruden to give the Cowboys life coming into this game. Man I cannot believe that, dumbest game ever played by a team, no way Dallas should've won that.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys beat the Redskins despite 3 turnovers. Their pass rush was very good. they blitzed very effectively, and Cassell actually played like a real QB in the 4th quarter. This is not a gimme, especially with the dysfunctional offense of the Packers.

Normally a blitzing defense gets killed by Rodgers, but not this year. Color me a bit concerned about this game.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowboys beat the Redskins despite 3 turnovers. Their pass rush was very good. they blitzed very effectively, and Cassell actually played like a real QB in the 4th quarter. This is not a gimme, especially with the dysfunctional offense of the Packers.

Normally a blitzing defense gets killed by Rodgers, but not this year. Color me a bit concerned about this game.

After watching the Cowboys last night, I have to say I respect what Rod Marinelli has done with the defense. Their pass rush could give us some problems.

Without Romo, their quarterback play is spotty - and that's being kind. We all know what a beast Bryant is, and how solid Witten is, but if the Pack can keep pressure on Cassel they won't matter as much.

If the Packers don't lose the turnover battle and avoid major gaffes on special teams, I think they should be okay at home. If Romo were playing, I'd worry more.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cassel stepped up in the 4th quarter, the question now is whether he can perform with the whole 'never won a game' thing out of the way.

I still think you'll win.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best reason I have for the Packers winning this game is the shakiest; I can't see them losing 3 straight home games to losing teams. If the line 's health isn't better by kickoff, it'll be tough.
Packers, 20-13

Reaction score
I am flying up on Saturday with my roommate who is a cowboys fan and can't wait to be back in Green Bay!!!!!That being said I have a different feel after the lions game rather than Vikings for whatever dumb reason I thought the offense was getting back on track after Minny and all was good again.. After the lions I felt a huge relief but still a feeling that there is a long way to go. I'm hoping these guys were able to clean their minds and start over per say and start the run!! I think if A Rodgers can throw for more than 100 yards in the first half we roll if he doesn't I see another down to the wire game. I'm also really interested to see what happens with Lacy if that is extended punishment or just what it was last game if so I would not mind see Taz run a WHOLE lot. Loved this guy on undrafted and was ecstatic when the Pack brought him in. He definitely brings the offense a little energy that has been needed from a rod or cobb. But that's a whole other topic. Go Pack Go 31 - 17

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If our Oline doesn't get healthier, this might not be a good game for the offence to bounce back as the Cowboys have a defense that can be pretty tough. I look for the D to have to carry us again.

The bad news is the Dullass D can be pretty good...the good news is their offense is not good at all...

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shoulda known we could count on that stupid **** Jay Gruden to give the Cowboys life coming into this game. Man I cannot believe that, dumbest game ever played by a team, no way Dallas should've won that.

I agree, then again, the Packers shouldn't have lost to the Oceanchickens, and the Cheatriots shouldn't have won the SB either...

captnroger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas always gets up to play the Skins, they had a long rest, and desperately needed a win, which they almost gave away as usual. The Packers won't have a problem Sunday. This from a Cowboys fan, and we are driving in from out of state to see the game. Anyone tailgating?

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas always gets up to play the Skins, they had a long rest, and desperately needed a win, which they almost gave away as usual. The Packers won't have a problem Sunday. This from a Cowboys fan, and we are driving in from out of state to see the game. Anyone tailgating?

Dallas didn't try hard enough to give that game away...the Skins did though...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Heard Jim Rome called watching last night's game, a four-hour "waterboarding".

That made me laugh.

DavidRusso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like the DET game is the game that will get us hot again. Rodgers has played good the whole season, just a bunch of missed balls. The 2nd half of the DET game, Rodgers killed it. Our D has been above average and that should be all we need. Crockett is a nice spark. Rodgers to Rodgers (TE) is starting to bloom, finally a player Rodgers can throw to as a 2nd option when our SLOW WR's can't get open. Packers will be feared once again after this Cowboy beat down.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers, coming off of 11 days of rest, don't beat the Cowboys, playing on a short week, missing Romo, and traveling across the country, by two+ touchdowns, the franchise should shutdown.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It feels like just yesterday the DEN defense was shown up by SEA's on the big stage, Dallas' defense was "historically inept", and any person on this forum from a year or two ago could tell you what a joke GB's defense was. Oh, how things change.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2015.htm

If the Packers' offense, particularly the passing game, continues sticky as it has been for much of the season this won't be an easy game for them to win.

Dallas has played competitively this season. Five of their 8 losses have been by 7 points or less.

Their offense shouldn't pose a problem the Packers defense can't handle but the Cowboys' D is ranked 5th in the league in yardage, 5th in pass defense, and third in passing td's allowed.

They've gotten 23 qb sacks, with four players with 4 or more each.

This looks like a good game for the Packers to unleash their new "3 headed monster" rushing game of Lacy, Starks and Crockett.

Dallas is only 14th in rushing defense and 26th in rushing td's given up. Opponents are averaging 103.8 ypg and 4.0 ypc on them.

The Cowboys have something to play for. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/71170/five-reasons-why-the-cowboys-can-win-the-nfc-east.

The Packers had best be ready. Otherwise those home losses to the Lions and Bears could be repeated.

Last edited:

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard Jim Rome called watching last night's game, a four-hour "waterboarding".

That made me laugh.

It was pretty much like watching Packers games lately...nothing much happened until the last 5 mins of the game...

Members online

Latest posts