1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

OFFICIAL Packers vs Colts Thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Oshkoshpackfan, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Colts injuries:

Angerer, Pat ILB Foot DNP DNP DNP Out
    Collie, Austin WR Head FP FP FP probable
    Freeney, Dwight OLB Ankle DNP DNP DNP questionable
    Justice, Winston T Head FP FP FP probable
    McGlynn, Mike G/C Knee - LP FP questionable
    Redding, Cory DE Triceps LP DNP FP questionable
    Reitz, Joe G Knee DNP DNP DNP Out
    Satele, Samson C Knee DNP LP FP probable

Looks goods for us that Freeney should be out, and even if he does get the go ahead to play he won't be at 100%
    They really have no good depth and true deadly weapons. This should be a win for us. Luck throws 3 INT's and we win.

Packers 27 colts 13

2. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Their defense is poor so say the least. They have only 2 INT's for the entire defense, only a total of 7 sacks ( CM3 has that by himself lol)

Luck has thrown for 800 yds, 5 TD's 4 INT's

RB donald brown has a total of 155 yds rushing, not all to impressive.

Keep Reggie Wayne on lockdown and we are good to go.

3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Pretty much hold their passing game to average and the game shouldn't be close.

4. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The only good thing about being 2-2 here is the Packers will not take this game lightly. If they were 4-0 right now this would be a trap game. I think we put our first complete game together and use the back to back wins to build on. McCarthy has a way of getting the team on a roll.

• Like Like x 3
  5. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    This should be a good game o-line A-Rod should have a good game d-line a few interceptions a few sacks sounds good to me go pack.

6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,012
    Don't get caught up in the hype...last yr's game against the Chiefs was suppose to be a win. We need to put them away early and run the ball...and then run some more, and get out of there with a W and healthy because we will need to be ready to go see Houston the following weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410
    The Packers got complacent last year.

8. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,862
    Chiefs were emotionally motivated by a new head coach.

Colts? Interemin new HC and added emotional drama with the HC/Cancer.

9. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Couldn't have said it better. Quick strike to get out in front and then run the **** out of the ball. I almost forgot what its like to have a run game and now one is piecing itself together in front of me. The last 6 quarters have been excellent usage of Cedric Benson IMO and moving forward he will be an important piece of balancing this offense.

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I'm still bummed that the Packers had to wait to go to Indy for a reg. season game instead of being there for the earlier Super Bowl. :(

11. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Right now I don't think Freeney will be out but who knows. The big concern for Indy is injuries at CB where two (including Vontae Davis) left the Jags game.

Also, with Austin Collie never being a real contributor this season and being put on IR, the rest of the weapons outside of Wayne (who has been amazing) are young. Talented, but young.

The o line is very questionable as is the run game. The LT is good enough but the rest have been in flux. Luck has been sacked 5 times in 3 games which is actually a miracle to me but he is mobile and has good pocket awareness for a rookie.

These boys are rebuilding and now even have a new head coach for the rest of the year. It hasn't been easy and they lost a heartbreaker to the Jaguars before their bye week in the final minute. I think they will be emotional this weekend for Pagano, but I am not sure it is enough. It will be a good experience though for the Colts to see where they are at too no matter the outcome.

12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I thought Collie was done for the year?
    I remember (I think) seeing it written somewhere and feeling so bad for the guy.

I know we can't totally stop him, but if we can just contain Jerry Hughes, we have a good chance to win this ballgame & move to over .500 for the first time of the season.

13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Collie is done. He got concussed in preseason and tore up his knee in the last game in his return. Poor kid.

Colts don't catch too many breaks lately thats for sure.

14. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    The REAL #12 will show the Luck how it is done! Man, I hope this game is televised out here in Nor-Cal!

15. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Colts injury updates from today:

http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2012/10/02/happy-birthday-colts-coach-chuck-pagano/

16. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    When the 2012 Packer Schedule came out EVERYONE knew that the first four games would be a challenge.
    MM and The Pack emerge from the 1st quarter with a 2-2 record.

The next quarter of the schedule is a lot 'softer' than the first.... but it also includes 3 away games, Including the Indy game this Sunday.

The Pack needed an opponent like this... at a time like this. No disrespect to the Colts or Colts fans whose franchise is obviously rebuilding BUT... we should be able to win and win big. I belive the line is 7.5 in favor of the road team.

Rodgers and the Offense got it going last week vs NO. Now its time to fine tune some things against the Colts.... get a road win and start getting ready for a Houston team that could very well make it all the way to the big game this year.

Its hard to not look ahead... But MM is a great coach and will have the boys focused on the Colts. Packers win 45-24.

17. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,128
    I'm surprised the most important and deciding element of this game hasn't been mentioned: It will be the first game this season in which Aaron Rodgers will don his favorite shoes!

:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,466
    Great point TJV.

With Jennings out again, it's also the big test for James Jones to show what he can do with consistent time in the lineup. I'm excited.

19. EmDiggy

EmDiggy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +23

Good luck this week Packers fans!

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Looks like Freeney was a full go today. I think he plays Sunday as of now.

DNP-Davis (ankle), King (groin), Moore (ankle), Olsen (knee), Reitz(knee)
    Limited-Angerer, Fleener, Satele
    Full-Freeney

21. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    We went into Indy in 1997 and they were 0-10 and Lindy Infante somehow beat us. It was our worst game of hat season. Let's hope we go at this one at full tilt. In 2004 Manning ate us up with 45 points there.
    Think of this as a must win. Come out firing bullets and putting the heat on Luck.

22. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,038
    I hate playing teams after their bye week. One would thing the league could find a way to schedule bye week teams against each other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Contain Wayne and don't let TY get deep.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Yay, someone outside of Colts fans who knows about Ty Hilton.:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Yea I just joined a dynasty league this year so I have been reading up on rookies and whatnot.