OFFICIAL PACKERS vs CHARGERS GAME THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Updates should be posted here.

The line isn't looking well after the first series. :(

First play, Colledge got got pushed back allowing a disturbance behind the line, and ultimately it resulted in the tackle, for minimal gain or a yard loss. Spitz also chopped block, but did it half right because the player landed on top of him, and used Spitz as leverage to get right back up.

Second play, Good protection, and surprisingly Henderson let the blitzer over power him (Willy looked like he slipped though), and Wells let his man gain some ground. REALLY BAD decision by Favre, it looked like Ferrgy was covered on the throw, and Favre luckily missed.

Third play, Colledge got pushed back, and let his man through to hit Favre. Bad.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
To quote Lombardi, "What the hell is going on out there"?

1st possesion, and we have players strugglign to get on the field in time. The O-line isn't much improved from last year, or not playing like it is improved yet. Lack of focus by players.

I expected so much more, at least some fire/passion to start out with. Nothing!

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am in nj right now and dont have nfl network or a short wave radio. where can i listen to it online??????????????????? curently i am following it play-by-play on nfl.com

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
These mistakes are expected as per a interesting read on PackersNews.com. Read it, it makes a lot of sense.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
gado35 said:
i am in nj right now and dont have nfl network or a short wave radio. where can i listen to it online??????????????????? curently i am following it play-by-play on nfl.com

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

No clue about online, watching it on nfl.com as it shows the game.

Favre has gotten hit pretty bad this 1st quarter, protection is a problem thus far early in the game. :(

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just said on NFL network, Favre gets hit all the time even after he completes a pass. Hopefully it will get better before the regular season starts...Does not look good for right now,hope no one get injuried in this game.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee I think maybe Harris should have come to some of those OTA's he got his butt whipped good in that first quarter. We're making Rivers look good. There is virtually no pass rush and the D-backs can't stay with their receivers. Hey it's only the first game and it's the second quarter. Hopefully we'll get better.

Culver made a nice tackle after a nine yard gain, but Hodge didn't do anything to help him make the tackle, first down.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Hawk. He's a playmaker. The problem is that there are no other play makers on the second team, and to be honest tonight there were no play makers on the first team either.

With two minutes to go in the first half, the Chargers are clearly a much a better team at this point. They look polished, poised, and are executing very well. An 18 play drive, after going for it on fourth and two and having Jenkins drop the ball on what would have been a first down, is pathetic.

It's hard to watch this. But I'm glad football is back. Go Pack!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that the offense doesn't look that much worse than the defense.

The bad news is that the offense doesn't look that much worse than the defense.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:cry: Based on the Holy Mother of God offensive line play Green Bay is going to have an extremely long season. Almost every member of the "O" line has been put on their butts more then once. Defense pretty shabby as well. San Diego goes 64 yards in five plays overcoming two penalties to score a TD on their first possesion. Brett Favre hasn't had any time whatsoever to complete all his reads. Ah Well! Perhaps it's just a learning process on how to play football on the NFL level. Improvement will be needed big time in all areas of play and coaching.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Ryan has almost had his punts blocked on 2 occasions, the second one being a whisker away from being blocked.

Yea, he still needs to work on getting it off a bit quicker but, the second went 55 yds/ inside the 20.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can remember our first game last year, with a team that we thought was going to compete for a championship, and we looked just like this. So I'm not going to go jump off any bridges because we don't look good.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen such sloppy, disorganized play in a long time. McCarthy said he was going to change things in Green Bay (I sure this game tonight isn't indicative of the change.) Nice to see Hawk actually in the screen tonight though. Even made a tackle, but God does he look thin in the lower body.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I can remember our first game last year, with a team that we thought was going to compete for a championship, and we looked just like this. So I'm not going to go jump off any bridges because we don't look good.

True, very true. Just pissed that Favre was hounded the first Q, and I expected a little more "umph" and authority from the line.

Perhaps the 3-4 D also pays into tonight.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
packedhouse01 said:

True, very true. Just pissed that Favre was hounded the first Q, and I expected a little more "umph" and authority from the line.

Perhaps the 3-4 D also pays into tonight.

You will see more 'umph' in the coming games. We have a coach who has no tolerance for this poo.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we're starting two rookies at guard and it's obvious this first game they're in way over their head. But let's hope they learn and get better because if they don't, we're in big trouble. I was actually disappointed in the defense more than the offense. I thought this team would come out and play. Carrol got beat again, Harris was getting whipped alll over the place in that first quarter and Woodson got beat a couple of times too. I think linebackers are going to make mistakes, but as they learn they're going to get better. I just expected more from the line and from the d-backs in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts