OFFICIAL PACKERS vs CHARGERS GAME THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also kind of glad to see the Chargers putting all this stuff on the Packers because it will help them learn. That offense got to see some good defense in the first half. These young guards have to learn and I think they got a good education in the first half.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping the O-line would have held up better in the 1st half. Got a ways to go. Same with the defensive pass coverage. They gave up way too many yards/ plays.

Time for the second half...

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last Play: 3-14-GB 24(11:31) (Shotgun) S.Gado up the middle to GB 26 for 2 yards (J.Cesaire).

Sherman? Is that you?

:mrgreen:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching the defense on the last 15 minute drive and I'm thinking, someone has to make play, come on, someone tackle someone, someone intercept a pass, or knock a pass down. Instead what I saw was tentative play. I've read about Hodge being a reckless player who is alway around the ball. He got burned over and over again. And I'm thinking come on Hodge just go make the play. I'm looking at all the playing time Carrol is getting and he's a guy who has played a lot and I'm thinking, come on Carrol, make a play. I think that's the one thing this team needs to do this year to get better. They've got to get off the field and stop those 3rd and long plays and the only way they're going to do that, is they've got to find someone who can make a play. Again it's early, but that's what I'd like to see. We're not polished yet at all, but I just want to see someone step up and make some plays instead of playing so tentatively.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Rogers looks good. I think he missed a shot to score on second down, but he panciked a bit. Considering he's getting no blocking and there is absolutely no running game, he did well.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Well we're starting two rookies at guard and it's obvious this first game they're in way over their head. But let's hope they learn and get better because if they don't, we're in big trouble. I was actually disappointed in the defense more than the offense. I thought this team would come out and play. Carrol got beat again, Harris was getting whipped alll over the place in that first quarter and Woodson got beat a couple of times too. I think linebackers are going to make mistakes, but as they learn they're going to get better. I just expected more from the line and from the d-backs in the first half.

You need a pass rush for the Db's to do their jobs.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not be too harsh about the team. It is only the first game, and everyone must remember that we have a new HC, a new OC and DC, so the players are still learning the system. Give 'em a break for a few weeks, then will see!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:
Let's not be too harsh about the team. It is only the first game, and everyone must remember that we have a new HC, a new OC and DC, so the players are still learning the system. Give 'em a break for a few weeks, then will see!

I absolutely agree with you. As I said in an earlier post, we had a much better team last year and we didn't look any better than we do tonight. The problem with last years team is that they played as bad the last preseason game as they did in the beginning. We just have to see where this team will be. I'm a little concerned about the bad play of our front four and our d-backs. Our d-backs aren't knocking anything down, we're just letting them catch the ball and then tacking. Kind of reminds of Wiscons a few years ago.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the way Boger, create something, knock it down. Nice play, it's the best play I saw all night on defense.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Favreforever721 said:

I absolutely agree with you. As I said in an earlier post, we had a much better team last year and we didn't look any better than we do tonight. The problem with last years team is that they played as bad the last preseason game as they did in the beginning.

Maybe the problem was that we had NFLE talent? The problem with last year was that a bad team was expected once we found out our Gs weren't worth a penny, our best RB/WR/TE all got injured and out. This year we don't have NFLE caliber players, and the line has had some time to work together. I hope it all comes together real fast, and this following off week will be crucial.

Well the game is long over, please direct your comments and questions to this thread. :)

*LOCKED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts