OFFICIAL PACKERS Thanksgiving day game

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that this game vs the Lions is going to be a blow out.
The Lions are a second half team, They are all about come from behind victory's but I don't see the Packers allowing that.
Could this game possibly be a blow out?

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Anything is possible. I never really believed that a team good go from the bottom of the the barel to the very top of the league in one year. Lions are definately a good team however, it seems like a championship team needs to be developed which would likely take more than one off-season. Just my opinion, but I think they have been a bit over rated.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything is possible. I never really believed that a team good go from the bottom of the the barel to the very top of the league in one year. Lions are definately a good team however, it seems like a championship team needs to be developed which would likely take more than one off-season. Just my opinion, but I think they have been a bit over rated.

In 2009 the Packers went 6-10. The following year they went 11-5 and to the playoffs and were a barely overthrown pass away from making it to the divisional round. That was without much of a defense.

The Lions weren't a bottom of the barrel team last season. In fact, they were a couple of blown calls away from finishing at .500. Their offense has potency as well. We shouldn't take them lightly.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
In 2009 the Packers went 6-10. The following year they went 11-5 and to the playoffs and were a barely overthrown pass away from making it to the divisional round. That was without much of a defense.

The Lions weren't a bottom of the barrel team last season. In fact, they were a couple of blown calls away from finishing at .500. Their offense has potency as well. We shouldn't take them lightly.
Yes, that's what the World Champions did. Are you comparing the Detroit Lions to the World Champions? I don't see the Lions front office in the same light as the Packers'.
Honestly, there are alot of rags to riches stories in the NFL but it comes down to this:
On any given Sunday on an even field who's your best team in the NFL? I thought so. Now as for taking the Lions lightly I am willing to bet that there will be the same preparation and anticipation there has been for every single game this season. I honestly believe Sparta that there are no more overlooked games on the horizon for this team. I believe they will be prepared to the best of the coaching staff's ability to produce and if the Packers lose - it will because the other team had advantages in turnover ratio.
I think only fans will look past games for this year's Green Bay Packers.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they will beat the Lions but I don't think it will be a blowout. I've been watching the Lions. They lost the last two games, it could mean they are derailing. If so, by the time they play us, they could be little Simba instead of Mufasa. It's a tough call to make. Divisional games are almost always unpredictable. You just never know what's going to happen. I do feel sure the Packers will prepare for this game like any other opponent and I think our offense can get us the win. Hopefully our pass rush will be much improved by then so Stafford doesn't have much of a chance to get the ball to Megatron.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bad news: The Packers will only have 3-4 days to prepare for this game since they play on the Sunday before.
The good news: So do the Detroit Lions!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that this game vs the Lions is going to be a blow out.
The Lions are a second half team, They are all about come from behind victory's but I don't see the Packers allowing that.
Could this game possibly be a blow out?
I dunno what it's going to be but I like your positive outlook.
Keep it up!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't expect a thread on this game yet...

So I made it the official one...This way we dont get 2 or 3 threads on the game when it gets closer..

I also made it sticky so people know this is the official one

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that's what the World Champions did. Are you comparing the Detroit Lions to the World Champions? I don't see the Lions front office in the same light as the Packers'.
Honestly, there are alot of rags to riches stories in the NFL but it comes down to this:
On any given Sunday on an even field who's your best team in the NFL? I thought so. Now as for taking the Lions lightly I am willing to bet that there will be the same preparation and anticipation there has been for every single game this season. I honestly believe Sparta that there are no more overlooked games on the horizon for this team. I believe they will be prepared to the best of the coaching staff's ability to produce and if the Packers lose - it will because the other team had advantages in turnover ratio.
I think only fans will look past games for this year's Green Bay Packers.

We didn't win the Super Bowl the following year after going 6-10, but we were dramatically improved the following year. And that was my point regarding the Lions: They are a dramatically improved team this year over last year. Will that translate into a Super Bowl title for them? I don't know, but the losing culture in Detroit has changed. They have fight, tenacity and a desire to win, something they lacked for the better part of a decade.

As for front office comparisons, I don't see most teams having the same caliber front office as the Packers, but that doesn't mean they can't win the Super Bowl. You still have to play the game. I agree the Packers are a better team and on a neutral field they'll win, but that doesn't mean Detroit isn't on the rise.

I agree with you that this team won't be taking anyone lightly. The rest of our schedule is much tougher than the first part, and we can't afford to take anyone lightly. The Packers are the 2010 Super Bowl champs. The 2011 Packers haven't won anything yet.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be a great game.
Bro-in-Law got tickets @ the 50 yard line!
Usually Detroit puts up a fight on Turkey day... Remeber this is their Super Bowl.
Im guessing that there will be NO blow out.
Im hoping that it comes down to the wire and 21 ends up picking off young Stafford and running it into the end zone for the walk off win in OT.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I need to start the "official SB part 2" thread SOON!!!! LOL....

We are hoping to skype with family that live in Detroit... its going to be FUN!!!! lol!!!!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
We didn't win the Super Bowl the following year after going 6-10, but we were dramatically improved the following year. And that was my point regarding the Lions: They are a dramatically improved team this year over last year. Will that translate into a Super Bowl title for them? I don't know, but the losing culture in Detroit has changed. They have fight, tenacity and a desire to win, something they lacked for the better part of a decade.

As for front office comparisons, I don't see most teams having the same caliber front office as the Packers, but that doesn't mean they can't win the Super Bowl. You still have to play the game. I agree the Packers are a better team and on a neutral field they'll win, but that doesn't mean Detroit isn't on the rise.

I agree with you that this team won't be taking anyone lightly. The rest of our schedule is much tougher than the first part, and we can't afford to take anyone lightly. The Packers are the 2010 Super Bowl champs. The 2011 Packers haven't won anything yet.
Yes, Detroit is improving but so are the Packers. I guess that's the double edged sword the Green Bay Packer organization presents to opponents. You can stay even in improving your team, but how do you "close the gap" on them. They are already a better team. You have to have excellent drafting and recruiting AND hope that TT falls on his face. Good luck with that.
Finally, the Packers are 7-0 Sparta, they've won alot.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well after the Lions picked the ball off yesterday and ran it in 100 yards for a TD then then used the Charles Woodson Tramon Williams celebration that Woodson started 2 years ago vs the Lions and that is the handshake. Now there were 2 guys that did Rodgers belt and they got owned so now I expected Cwood to have a pick 6 and there will be 2 other INT's so they can show the Lions who started the handshake and the Lions will get owned.

In all reality it will be a close game but GB gets the last laugh.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a nail bitter game for me. But I think pack will come out on top,by then lions will have bigger heads that is what will stand in their way their egos.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score

Yea the Lions are no doubt playing good ball but in my opinion they have not really been tested this season so the Packers game is gonna show if they really are good this season

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is we should not/can't start the way we played Carolina/Atlanta. Detroit's crowd will be fired up and we need to shut them up early and often.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
All I know is we should not/can't start the way we played Carolina/Atlanta. Detroit's crowd will be fired up and we need to shut them up early and often.

Yea the crowd is gonna be a BIG influence this game! I agree the Packers need to come out big and NEED to score on the first drive of the game.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I dunno, this Packer team is different even than the 1996-97 teams. I really believe they can win them all. I know, homerism, but look at how they play their games. Never overmatched, never overwhelmed, never jittery.
These guys KNOW they are good and they play like it. That is something the Lions do not have. I used to think the whole "experience" thing didn't matter but I am seeing it now. This is a really, really good football club.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I dunno, this Packer team is different even than the 1996-97 teams. I really believe they can win them all. I know, homerism, but look at how they play their games. Never overmatched, never overwhelmed, never jittery.
These guys KNOW they are good and they play like it. That is something the Lions do not have. I used to think the whole "experience" thing didn't matter but I am seeing it now. This is a really, really good football club.

I agree experience is starting to mean a lot in the league, I've been telling everyone this season the Lions are good but to young they are gonna fold under pressure

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Silencing the crowd early will be neccessary.
Contain Best and make them one dimensional. Then let your secondary pick off Minitron.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one and only concern I have about this game is o-line keeping A-Rod upright,and not let Shu in that sounded kind of funny shu in and of course Stafford ripping some ones head off,after watching them play the bears thin pack can handle them even megatron,look what chargers tried to do with Jackson thinking our corners or safeties couldn't handle him,they were wrong,I know pack will win it may not be a blow out,but Stafford does have an ouch broken finger or something d-line will be all over them like they were on the vikes,then they will enjoy the rest of the day glad it is early game.Gotta have my dessert.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts