OFFICIAL PACKERS Thanksgiving day game

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
My two cents, Rodgers had a bad week last week, he will come back with avengance. The line had a bad week last week Sittion will handle Suh. Grant has a chance to prove he should be listed as the starter and will go 125%. Neal will have his coming out party today which will allow Clay to put the hammer down on Stafford.

It willl be a GLORIOUS DAY.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be glued to the Packer game and posting here on occasion. I'm glad the Cowpuke/Dolphin game is the mid-day game as the TV will be off during dinner.
Any of you guys planning to watch this?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
That's what recall having read somewhere -- that this season he was only doing it on rushing TD's. I could be wrong; I'm not sure where I read that.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am just hoping for an injury free day. The Lions scare me because they are dangerous and flirt with the line of hard play and dirty play. If Suh pulls any **** today I am telling the line to chop him and not think twice about it.

I am not worried about Megatron on defense. I am worried about the tight ends carving up Bishop and the middle of the field. Capers best have worked on getting the pass coverage to be quicker at switching assignments during the blitzes.

RedRamage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Lets start with the shot to the back of Cutlers helmet.
Did you look at the replay? Did you see that:

1.) It was NOT a forearm shiver?
2.) It was NOT directed to the helmet?

I certainly don't blame the official for throwing the flag there. It sure seemed like a forearm to the head in real time. Especially from the direction in which the official was facing. It's only on the replay from the opposite angle that you can see it was a perfectly clean, perfectly legal push to the upper back. Nothing even remotely dirty with that play.

RedRamage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I'm really surprised by the number of people here who just accept that the Lions are a dirty team. I've seen evidence of 6, maybe 8 dirty plays (perhaps only half of which really are dirty plays) over three years under Schwartz and everyone just figure: "Oh that's why everything is." It just surprises me that so many here just figure it's true without actually looking into anything themselves.

Makes me wonder if it's a sort of psychological defense in case the Lions win: "Well, the only reason they won is because they are a dirty team. Did you see what they did to Cutler last year?? Proof positive."

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Honestly I'm really surprised by the number of people here who just accept that the Lions are a dirty team. I've seen evidence of 6, maybe 8 dirty plays (perhaps only half of which really are dirty plays) over three years under Schwartz and everyone just figure: "Oh that's why everything is." It just surprises me that so many here just figure it's true without actually looking into anything themselves.

Makes me wonder if it's a sort of psychological defense in case the Lions win: "Well, the only reason they won is because they are a dirty team. Did you see what they did to Cutler last year?? Proof positive."
How many dirty plays define a dirty team? Trust me Red, if the Lions beat the Packers it will be because they played a perfect game and the Packers played a poor one.
But it's really ridiculous that you admit to 6 maybe 8 dirty plays and ask us to consider the Lions a clean team. LOL!

RedRamage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many dirty plays define a dirty team? Trust me Red, if the Lions beat the Packers it will be because they played a perfect game and the Packers played a poor one.
But it's really ridiculous that you admit to 6 maybe 8 dirty plays and ask us to consider the Lions a clean team. LOL!
Really, so over three years the Packers haven't had 3-4 (I said half of the examples weren't really dirty at all) times in the past three years were one player lost his temper a little too much or one guy made a stupid decision? It happens... it's a full contact sport with a lot of testosterone. People, who are otherwise smart, intelligent people, do a stupid thing. I'm quite sure that if I looked over game footage of the Packers, or any team, over three years I could probably find 10 or more plays that could be described as dirty. That does not, however, make them a dirty team.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Packer fans!!

Chat with ya later. I'm off to bake an apple pie now. :tup:
Thank you.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Tex.
I'm sure it would be a very happy one for you with both a Packers and Niners win.
May both teams win today.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, the cheap shots Louis Delmas, #26 with the dreadlocks, puts on into the knees are far more dangerous than Suh tossing people.

If Delmas takes out any of our players knees, he will hear from me... time & time again in various harassing and threatening ways.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I am rooting for the Ravens today, even though I suspect we'd fare better in 50 degrees California weather in mid-January than in possible below-zero Wisconsin weather.
We're not afraid to play on the road.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to compare championship wins.
Packers with 13
Lions with 4
Packers with SB wins. 4
Lions with 0
And the Lions have been a team since 1929.

Yeah, the Lions suck.
And the Lions ain't going to the Super Bowl next year.
Karma for the dirty play they do.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what recall having read somewhere -- that this season he was only doing it on rushing TD's. I could be wrong; I'm not sure where I read that.
I thought he ONLY did it on rushing TDs all the time.
Did he put on the belt other times to like throwing a TD pass?

DukeCityRadical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adolescent or not, as rare or as often as it might be, career ending attacks are the act of cowards. I'm surprised at how Lions fans point to their years of poor play as an excuse to arrive on the scene and try to take out opposing players as "flailing" "rare" "unintentional".
You've probably not been watching football long enough to remember the futility of the 70's and 80's as a Packer fan. Either way, the man who's resorted to "sucker punches" to say he's not just rolling over has already given up. That man has lost his dignity. He's admitted he's not good enough to play on the even field of fair play. I get it, the Lions have an inferiority complex and yes, the rest of the NFL knows this - we're just pointing it out to their fans.
I'm thankful for the laugh when you write that the Packers might be walking into a buzzsaw this week. Though I doubt a buzzsaw effect I find it interesting to note that while you apologize for your team's adolescent behavior you voice it in your analysis of the game.
So will Detroit provide the "buzzsaw" or "gut it out" for a win? Time will tell of course but it's obvious you haven't been able to decide as a fan which way you would like to see your team win. At least a "W" is a "W" right Duke?
Thanks for the decidedly nice comment on our forum, too bad you can't ankle tackle this website hey?

Let's see here... I haven't been apologizing for my team. I've been trying to explain why they play the way they do, from my perspective. I could, of course, be totally wrong about them, but it's how they come across to me. I actually agree with a lot of you on this forum -- we do play dirtier than most teams at the moment. I hope we stop doing this eventually, but if it's part of what's helping turn our franchise around right now, I'll live with it. I imagine all of you would feel the same in my place. I'm not aware of us ending anyone's careers yet, either, but I might have missed something. That would be a tragedy, and a disgrace, if it were the result of an intentionally illegal act.

We can't play against you on an even field of fair play? Right you are, sir! And I already acknowledged that when I said that you guys would take four out of five against us. But we're only looking at this one game, and only need to win today. We have a decent shot at that.

Yes, I said buzzsaw, and I said gut it out. Again, you guys are the class of the field. We may well need to be a buzzsaw and still gut it out to get this win. I think we might do that.

It's funny to me that the people here who are criticizing Schwartz for being an arrogant tool are largely the same ones who write the most condescending posts. Takes one to know one, I guess...

Anyway, Cheesehead Nation, I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving and a good, clean game, and hope we live up to the same. Thanks for the chat, but I'm out -- time to scream at my tv!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the 16-game winning streak, away-from-home wins against:

@ Philly, close win
@ Atlanta, blowout after close first 25 minutes
@ Chicago, close win
vs Pittsburgh, close win
@ Carolina, down early close win
@ Chicago, comfy win
@ Atlanta, down early, fairly comfy
@ Minnesota, close but comfy win
@ San Diego, close win in the end

Even during our hottest streak in team history, we rarely blow people out on the road.
For those of you expecting this to be a cruise-control, blowout win, be prepared for stress and turmoil.

If we lose, I expect it to be like the playoff loss at Arizona, or the MNF loss at New Orleans in 2008 where Brees had his greatest game ever. Warner also had a 150+ passer rating against us.
And we had Cullen Jenkins and Nick Collins for those two games.

Just saying..... don't expect a cupcake win today!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wish they would hurry the game up, cant wait for halftime to see nickelback!!!!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But here's what I want:

Packers 54
Lions 24

I want Rodgers to throw 5 TD passes, Grant to run 2 TDs, and I want two Mason Crosby FGs, one from 58 yards, and the other from 64 yards to send a record.

I want J-Mike to catch 2, Jordy, Jennings, and Jones to each catch 1 TD.
I hope Driver and Cobb each have some big plays too.

Rodgers: 29/32, 402 yards, 5 TDs, 0 Ints, 0 sacks.
Stafford: 34/50, 351 yards, 2 TDs, 1 Int
Kevin Smith: 14 carries, 75 yards, 1 TD

I got a lot of these guys in fantasy!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm predicting Starks will have a big day in the passing game today if he plays.

Members online

Latest posts