Official Packers' Next Opponent: Rams

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Jeff Fisher gutted the roster of former coach Steve Spagnuolo in his first year, opened the season with the youngest team in the National Football League and, after five games, had the Rams (3-2) above .500 for the first time since November 2006.

Source: JSOnline.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is more telling on how this team will go on for a while..

Raji mentioned last week how they can get up for the Texans, but harder to get up for "lesser" opponents...

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rams are no joke; their defense is no joke (7th in yards per game and tied for 12th in least first downs per game). They have a QB that can keep them in the game and a great running back. I've always admired Fisher, he knows how to run a team especially with a bunch of young capable players. The packers shouldn't take them too lightly.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The rams are no joke; their defense is no joke (7th in yards per game and tied for 12th in least first downs per game). They have a QB that can keep them in the game and a great running back. I've always admired Fisher, he knows how to run a team especially with a bunch of young capable players. The packers shouldn't take them too lightly.

Personally I dont care about yards...(2005 Packers, #1 in yards yet went 4-12)

BUT the Rams are 6th in points given up..Which is really good..Packers for comparison are at 17th

They were able to beat Seattle..This will not be an easy task if people are thinking it will be

Zach311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cant let what happen in this game happened in the colts. gotta win this one. big games on the horizon. the line needs to protect Arod and the defense needs to play like they did vs the bears and texans

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems the number of upsets this season is even more than last year, so of course no team should be taken lightly.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bradford is a good quarterback and at times can light things up. Laurinitis is a beast at MLB. Both those guys have the ability to elevate the Rams in a close game. It's also worth highlighting that it's an away game in a dome, which while difficult for most teams seems to be a place that the Packers thrive.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't wear any of my Packers shirt vs the Texans.
Maybe I'll keep 'em in the closet for this one too?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Jeff Fisher coached team is always a team that gets some respect from me and this years Rams are no exception. I think the Rams can do some things well but that offense beyond Steven Jackson and Sam Bradford is well...... bad. If there is one thing I am worried about most coming from them is the outside pass rush. Their DEs can get to the QB and between the two of them have 10 sacks. Call me crazy but I'm not positive this OL group doesn't have another 5+ sack half left in them.

H

HardRightEdge

The Rams are 3-0 at home, having beaten WASH, SEA and AZ. That's a pretty fair resume.

I'll say this about taking teams lightly...or not. When you're 3-3, you shouldn't be taking ANYBODY lightly. To even think you should be guarding against it reflects an exaggerated sense of self-importance. Maybe Mr. Raji should stay on the bench for a while, where taking lesser opponents lightly won't do any damage.

If you're 6-0 ATL and the rest of your division isn't doing much, a let down somewhere along the line is expected. This Packer team is not that team; we've not yet figured out a way to win two in a row.

It's easy to remember the teams that put on a late season run and squeaked into the playoffs. It's a lot harder to remember the ones that put on similar runs and failed to make it. For every 2010 Packer team or 2011 Giant team there's several 2011 Eagle teams who dug too deep of a hole.

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Janoris Jenkins. Guy is a ball hawk out there. The Lions should have drafted this guy...

A-rodge is going to have to keep his eye for this guy

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a tough game. Aside from the fact that we believe the Rams are the Rams our team is pretty beat up this week especially on the defensive side of the ball. Guys who have not played will get to play but when it comes to communication and penalties this is where the breakdowns can occur. And then someone tries to do to much. The Rams have faced 3 rookie QBs so far. They won't make as many mistakes as they did before Fisher arrived. If our team can play with the intensity that it did last Sunday night on both sides of the ball we'll win.
But we have to show up with that killer instinct.
Facing Foster, Schaub, and Watt will easily get a team motivated. So will playing a 5-0 team that is favored against you on national TV. This week our game does not stand out in the headlines. We are the ones who have to MAKE the headlines. And we cannot do it by blowing a 21-3 lead. The leaders on this team, the veterans, have got to set the tone.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Texans game was the turnaround one for us.
That the Pack takes the mojo from that win and continues to be on fire against the Rams.
2 out of 3 wins on the road would not only be not bad but needed at this point.

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
taking the rams lightly will be the perfect way to share the Colts experience once again. There aint no piece of easy street in the nfl, i believe.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
We just came off our biggest and best game of the season. I hope this was a turning point. We silenced some critics and some opposing fans. We shut down one of the NFL's best rushers in A. Foster. We held Shaub in check. If the intensity is still there and our rookies continue the good play, we have the best chance of winning.

Rams are a much better team this year. They do have S. Jackson at RB, I hope we can shut him down too. They did lose their best (#1) WR to a nasty injury a couple weeks ago so that will help us out. Sam Bradford is looking much improved, but he can get easily rattled under the type of pressure we can gererate, so I see a few INT's coming from his arm this weekend. Let's cash in those INT's for points and roll on home to GB.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Also, looking at the rams wins thus far, they have not rang up a bunch of points and their stat line is not impressive, to me. So if we come out gunning early on and keep our foot on the gas I think we can finish them off easily. Bradford has tossed up only 6 TD's in 6 games and Jackson has only rushed for 323 yds in 6 games.....we got those numbers beat, so I hope that helps tell the tale that we should dominate.

Arod also has an impressive dome playing record, let's hope that continues as well. I doubt the Rams crowd will be as loud as Houstons crowd or the Seattle crowd.....

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well A-Rod was limited in practice yesterday,I think his calf is still an issue.I'm wondering if that is why we haven't seen him run as much,so I hope the guys up front,will protect him more our d-line Hayward is really coming around A.J few people step up they can get too Bradford just can't fold come out strong like they did against the Texans start to finish.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well A-Rod was limited in practice yesterday,I think his calf is still an issue.I'm wondering if that is why we haven't seen him run as much.

He hurt it on the TD scramble he had in the Texan game...It was called back for offensive holding..

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Arod has rushed/scrambled for 125 yds so far this season, longest being 19 yds. His scramble ability is still there. He is one of the best when he takes off running.

Staff online

Latest posts