OFFICIAL Packers @ 49ers - Divisional Round

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must be a complete novice here Frank, that looked like a legitimate tackle to me. I don`t think he led with his head. Just my opinion of course

The low tackles are something else
That's what I said!
The ACL-hits are the only ones I hate..... those are dangerous, puzzy tackling and I'd like Goldson's head cracked the next time he does that.
Hits to the chest area are fine with me even though the league flags them.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That's what I said!
The ACL-hits are the only ones I hate..... those are dangerous, puzzy tackling and I'd like Goldson's head cracked the next time he does that.

I realised AFTER reading your comment. Sorry mate

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn`t mean anything offensive Raptor. I apologised, and wont apologise anymore. If they took it that way, thats up to them. I EVEN sent personal apologies to them. Job done mate.
Do they have 'Z's on the keyboards in England, Canada, Australia? ;)
How do you spell organize?

My wife is from Hong Kong, does this too.

The bloody Z.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That's what I said!

I realised after my comments. Sorry Bud

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a thread or link to explain the Rating system. Sorry don't mean to offend. Removed the rating.
Check out your member profile. On the left hand side if you scroll down a little there is a brake down of the ratings you have both given and received. The type of "feedback" the rating gives is color coded. basically everything is positive except that "disagree" and "optimistic" is neutral, and "old" is the only negative. I got no problem with negative feedback as long as it is warranted. And yeah I saw that you changed it. You didn't have to, but thanks none the less.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I didn`t mean anything offensive Raptor. I apologised, and wont apologise anymore. If they took it that way, thats up to them. I EVEN sent personal apologies to them. Job done mate.
I know, just pointing out that it was easy to misinterpet what you wrote. Don't worry, been there done that. I usually end up doing when I am trying to be sarcastic.

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can read here Ron is BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Lets see how the game goes.

Well, LargeRon here was factually incorrect about his response to me (and so was. The games the 49ers lost were against physical, balanced offenses.

Not sure about other fans, but on this forum we double check our facts when trolls try to make up stuff

Right. Which is exactly what I did, providing the evidence of the numbers. You probably ought to make sure that posters on "this" forum, like LargeRon, do not provide bogus numbers like he did in his response to mine. A good source for you to see that my data was correct is profootballreference.com. If you go there, instead of assuming that I was "making up stuff," you would see that my claim was correct. If you were even more diligent, and went to nfl.com/replay (after paying a small fee, of course), and watched the four games the 49ers lost, you would find quite convincing evidence that in each of the 49er loses with the exception of the Rams, their opponent played a BALANCED and PHYSICAL offensive game.

With the Vikings, they ran the ball enough to keep the defense honest, but it was Ponder's play that gave the Viking offense balance (they are usually a run heavy team, but in this game they played more of a traditional balanced west coast offense, with a physical running attack to keep the defense honest).

With the Giants game, CONTRARY to LargeRon's claim, they were able to run the ball very well against the 49ers (while normally they are a pass first offense). Instead of passing the ball all over the field like they normally did, Bradshaw broke more than 100 on us, and Eli didn't even break 200 yards passing on us.

The Rams game was a physical, defensive match. This one shouldn't have been a loss, if not for a freak turnover, but the 49ers defense shut them down.

The final loss, against Seattle, Russel Wilson was held to less than 180 passing yards, but Lynch got 111 (very hard to do against our defense). The Seahawks ran AND passed the ball. They used a power running game mixed with a quick, short passing attack. The offensive attack was BALANCED.

In the three losses which a great deal of the blame fell on the defense, the opposing offense was BALANCED.

Now contrast that with some of the teams that were one dimensional against us:

Green Bay- win
Detroit- win
Jets- win
Buffalo- win
Seattle the first game- win
Arizona both times- wins
Chicago-win
New Orleans-win
New England - win

The only team that played a one dimensional offense and beat us was the Rams, and their offense had NOTHING to do with their win.

So in closing, good sir, I didn't "make up stuff." The poster I responded to did, however.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, LargeRon here was factually incorrect about his response to me (and so was. The games the 49ers lost were against physical, balanced offenses.

Right. Which is exactly what I did, providing the evidence of the numbers. You probably ought to make sure that posters on "this" forum, like LargeRon, do not provide bogus numbers like he did in his response to mine. A good source for you to see that my data was correct is profootballreference.com. If you go there, instead of assuming that I was "making up stuff," you would see that my claim was correct. If you were even more diligent, and went to nfl.com/replay (after paying a small fee, of course), and watched the four games the 49ers lost, you would find quite convincing evidence that in each of the 49er loses with the exception of the Rams, their opponent played a BALANCED and PHYSICAL offensive game.

With the Vikings, they ran the ball enough to keep the defense honest, but it was Ponder's play that gave the Viking offense balance (they are usually a run heavy team, but in this game they played more of a traditional balanced west coast offense, with a physical running attack to keep the defense honest).

With the Giants game, CONTRARY to LargeRon's claim, they were able to run the ball very well against the 49ers (while normally they are a pass first offense). Instead of passing the ball all over the field like they normally did, Bradshaw broke more than 100 on us, and Eli didn't even break 200 yards passing on us.

The Rams game was a physical, defensive match. This one shouldn't have been a loss, if not for a freak turnover, but the 49ers defense shut them down.

The final loss, against Seattle, Russel Wilson was held to less than 180 passing yards, but Lynch got 111 (very hard to do against our defense). The Seahawks ran AND passed the ball. They used a power running game mixed with a quick, short passing attack. The offensive attack was BALANCED.

In the three losses which a great deal of the blame fell on the defense, the opposing offense was BALANCED.

Now contrast that with some of the teams that were one dimensional against us:

Green Bay- win
Detroit- win
Jets- win
Buffalo- win
Seattle the first game- win
Arizona both times- wins
Chicago-win
New Orleans-win
New England - win

The only team that played a one dimensional offense and beat us was the Rams, and their offense had NOTHING to do with their win.

So in closing, good sir, I didn't "make up stuff." The poster I responded to did, however.

page one post 17

Not sure what ya mean?

I meant what I was posting and why I posted it

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone watched the week one game recently?
PM me if you want to.
A lot of changes since then.
I think both teams are better, but I wish we still had Nick Perry and Bryan Bulaga.
And Desmond Bishop (who was already done for the year 4 weeks before that week 1 game %^*#*@#)

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I put up the lgame, week 1, 49ers & Packers, at my site: www.PackersInsider.com

A lot of changes since then.
I think both teams are better, but I wish we still had Nick Perry and Bryan Bulaga.
And Desmond Bishop (who was already done for the year 4 weeks before that week 1 game %^*#*@#)
Also Nick Collins, who had his career abruptly shortened.

Fixed that for ya. ;) :tup:

chris1211

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been a 9er fan my hole life with greenbay as my second this will be 1 hell of a game if we can get to rodgers we have a chance it depends on witch defenses shows up u guys have the best qb in the leauge so we better bring are A game well we have a young qb who can nake mistakes I say gb 28 ..31 sf it will be a hard game the best team will win

ro.ke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a GREAT game to say the least. I am located in San Diego and aching to drive up just to tailgate at the Stick for the PACK, anyone in?

ro.ke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And after going to Green Bay in December, I wish I lived near Green Bay, I fell in love with the city so bad.

Members online