1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

OFFICIAL Packers @ 49ers - Divisional Round

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by VersusTheMoose, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    Actually I'm here top talk football fan SOME Pack fans are talking trash to ME.

Pot? Meet Kettle.

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    To be fair Frank, NE came back because they switched from man to zone, and Brady ate the zone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,971
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    Actually a pretty good analysis.

A few things...

Niners have issues with the Rams and Seahawks because 1) they know each other so damn well, and 2) They are similarly constructed. Punishing running game, very good D. Thats the mold of the new NFC West.

Pats game...Niners dominated that game in the beginning. It was 31-3. They then eased off the gas. HUGE mistake. As soon as they did that New England got on a roll, started running no huddle with just over 20 seconds between plays and completely GASSED the D. They couldn't breathe for most of the second half. The Pats ran 90 freakin plays in that game. The pass rush on Brady was non-existant because they couldn't catch their breath. It was really an impressive strategy by the Pats and my hats off to them for being able to run an O like that. They also were 5 of 6 on 4th down and 3 of 16 on 3rd down. Had they not been down by so many points, they wouldn't have been going for it so much on 4th down and wouldn't have put up so many yards or points.

The next week in Seattle, they were still gassed and it showed. The defense never got off the bus. The O wasn't much better. Add to that the biggest home field advantage in the NFL and the fact that the 'hawks are pretty damn good and you get that final score. They ALMOST sacked Wilson 7 or 8 times...but that dude is special when he's escaping the rush.

Add to this the infury to Justin Smith...who is probably the most important player on the entire team. Seriously.

Again tho...the teams that give the Niners fits are the ones that are built the same way they are. Balanced on offense, great D and in particular a good pass rush.

5. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Why thank you Kettle, I'd love some pot

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
  7. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    OK...that made me laugh. ;-)

8. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    This.

Once the Niners relaxed coverage, Brady ate them alive.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,971
    I havent seen every post of yours..But you stated Pack fans were talking trash to me..Wasnt sure if you were complaining or what you were doing..

Just wanted to point it out...But CLEARLY now I see you understand

10. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    We're a bit on the defensive right now, large numbers of invaders. We'll recover around May.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    No worries.

12. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    LOL. ;-)

13. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    We had a good pass rush and potentially great D, if we had OLB Nick Perry and ILB Desmond Bishop back.

14. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I'd be more than satisfied with just a healthy Collins :cry: I miss Nick the Pick

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. goldstandard333

goldstandard333 49ers Fan

Ratings:
    +14
    Seriously though, I respect you guys as a fan base a hell of a lot more than the idiot Seacocks fans who invade our boards. I'll a least be respectful in my ribbing. :p

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Future12

Future12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    What a difference he made to this team. Just an awful, crazy injury.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ness

Ness Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh my goodness. Well, this should be an interesting game. The sting of those games in the 90's still lingers for a lot of the 49ers fans I'm sure. Honestly most of the 49ers fanbase is more concerned about Seattle at this point. Maybe because they just played the Redskins and the 49ers hate the Seahawks as division rivals. Not sure what to expect in this game. Wouldn't be surprised if either team one and if either team just dominated. Well, I guess I'd be surprised if the 49ers dropped an egg at Candlestick. I'm not as nervous about this game as I was last year when the Saints came to town.

18. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    You're still going to have to do better.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    So... what you're saying is for us to win, we need to out-play them?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    A few responses to 9er fans, making no distinction between the good and not-so-good ones posting on here:

• Packers are not nearly as 1-dimensional as they were in week 1. Packers offense is FAR better now than then. In week 1 we had no running game and our offense was anemic in general.
    • The idea that SF is going to shut down any running attack we have and smother Rodgers with a 4-man rush, I'll take that bet. SF defense is undeniably great, but so is the Packer offense at this moment.
    • Kaepernick has won games for you guys and he's lost some. He has been brilliant and he has been mediocre. This is his first playoff game. I expect him to make some great plays on Saturday, and I also expect him to make a few mistakes. Will those mistakes be enough to cost SF the game? /shrug
    • Alex Smith made some perfect throws in the 1st meeting. Our defensive secondary was terribad to start the season and has improved steadily with the emergence of Casey Heyward as well as Sam Shields getting healthy again. Jeron McMillan at safety has also been a very pleasant surprise. Packers' secondary does continue to make some bad mistakes (see the blown coverage near the end of the Vikings game), but they are much better.
    • Facing AP 3 times in the last 6 weeks doesn't hurt when it comes to trying to contain a punishing runner like Frank Gore.
    At this point I'm leaning ever so slightly to the Packers to win this game but would not be the least bit surprised if SF wins.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,815
    All I can read here Ron is BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Lets see how the game goes.

22. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,815
    I must be a complete novice here Frank, that looked like a legitimate tackle to me. I don`t think he led with his head. Just my opinion of course

The low tackles are something else

23. billysofly

billysofly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    is that justin guy from the 49ers d-line playing?.... if not i think we should have a chance for some big plays from the offense

24. Ness

Ness Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes, that "Justin guy" will be suiting up. He's been practicing since last week. He won't be at 100%, but he's going to play.

25. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    Week 3 vs the Vikings says otherwise.:roflmao: