1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Packers @ 49ers - Divisional Round

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by VersusTheMoose, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    Thats fair.

It'll be WAY, WAY different starting in 2014. The area the stadium is being built is in the heard of Silicon Valley, has am amusement park next door, and a convention center and Golf Course across the street. Very different area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Lol someone told me they had their car jacked out of the team parking lot after.

You're right, the new stadium is in a great area but farther from the city than most would like.

The stick has its appeal, on the water and the winds were one of a kind

3. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    The Packers do not need that kind of balance. They need to establish the running game enough to keep the 9ers from setting up for the pass on every down. In the second half of the season, with a couple of exceptions, the Packers have succeeded in doing just that. The Packers have been averaging about 100-120 yards per game lately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeah...but lets be real....

Most of the 49ers season ticket holders are from the South Bay to begin with. Its actually a SHORTER drive for them. Most of the peeps who had an issue with the move are people who thinks that the only city in the Bay Area is SF. SJ is bigger in both size and population and the money in the area is in the South Bay. Thats why the A's want to move south and why the Giants won't let them (South Bay is considered "Giants Territory".

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    How can one team prevent another team from moving?

6. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    They can't prevent them from moving, but they can prevent them into moving into "their territory". The South Bay is considered Giants territory so the A's can't move there without the Giants permission.

Bud Selig is completely useless in this regard to settle the dispute.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994

Ahhhh got it

8. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    thinking hard about it.

9. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Peter Angelos who owned the Orioles, fought bitterly for years to keep a baseball team from coming to Washington, DC claiming it was Orioles territory and would hurt his franchise economically.

10. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Harris = Balance, more than we need.
    49ers are in for a surprise from both Packers offense and defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Yet the Raiders still moved back to your country, and the Vikings sprung up in ours. Let's not forget Baltimore and Washington, or NY

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LargeRon

LargeRon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    lol yep I dorked those numbers up bad I actually showed the attempts column not the yards column oops.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    • Like Like x 1
  14. goldstandard333

goldstandard333 49ers Fan

Ratings:
    +14
    be careful what you ask for. Patriots fans thought the same thing. :D

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    We have to watch out for #38, a cheapshot artist back there.... he's good but cheap. Dashon. Goldson.

He leads with his head a lot, will go after receivers heads as he doesn't care about the personal foul calls.

Like Louis Delmas, I've seen this safety try to take out a lot of guys ACL's before.
    I hate guys like that and wonder why what happened to clean Nick Collins can't happen to these cheapshot artists instead.

I just found a couple of them..... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those ACL-shots I DO have a BIG PROBLEM with. I want Goldson to concuss himself, or break his neck. Not die, that would be cruel. Just a small vertebrae is fine. I kid. But really, why did Nick Collins career end to a neck, and he just had someone jump over him? And why did Sterling Sharpe's career end early due to a neck, but guys like this don't go down?

I really hate this guy... I have no problem with the big hits from Justin, Aldon Smith, Bowman and Willis. But this guy Goldson? I wish bad things on this guy, he ax for it. He a thug.

Donte Whitner also tries to knock heads off.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    We have to watch out for #38, a cheapshot artist back there.... he's good but cheap. Dashon. Goldson.

He leads with his head a lot, will go after receivers heads as he doesn't care about the personal foul calls.

Like Louis Delmas, I've seen this safety try to take out a lot of guys ACL's before.
    I hate guys like that and wonder why what happened to clean Nick Collins can't happen to these cheapshot artists instead.

I just found a couple of them..... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those ACL-shots I DO have a BIG PROBLEM with. I want Goldson to concuss himself, or break his neck. Not die, that would be cruel. Just a small vertebrae is fine. I kid. But really, why did Nick Collins career end to a neck, and he just had someone jump over him? And why did Sterling Sharpe's career end early due to a neck, but guys like this don't go down?

I really hate this guy... I have no problem with the big hits from Justin, Aldon Smith, Bowman and Willis. But this guy Goldson? I wish bad things on this guy, he ax for it. He a thug.

Donte Whitner also tries to knock heads off.

17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    goldstandard333, GTFO with the X rep on this post. What's wrong with you girl? There's nothing here except link to ESPN article the day the 49ers beat us in September that cautions Packer fans.

I was cordial to Viking fans this week, but you neg me for this?

What are you, 13 years old?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. NinerDieHard

NinerDieHard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    alright I'll call some of these out, first one i'm calling clean. I don't remember that hit and you can't see from the replay but in real time that definately seemed like a shoulder hit because his head didnt snap back immediately like a head hit would, pretty obvious that's a shoulder hit. second video, no excuse for fighting honestly but that was definately provoked as goldson was smacked in the back of the head. doucet likes to do those things when he gets frustrated. and the whitner hit i can't believe you think that is dirty. was it helmet to helmet? yes, was it clean? yes, was it a hard fricken hit? yes! if he would've gone higher he would've been run over, he was trying to hit the midsection and the saints back lowered his head just as much, plus trying to hit someone short it's a lot harder to get low on him without just taking out the ankles. Don't get me wrong we have VERY physical safeties, but they play clean

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,088
    That's because you're using the sign on that I use on other team's forums. No points for originality there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    mods going to be busy this week. :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I didn't say the Whitner hit was dirty, or the hard one on Early Doucet.
    The ones into the ACLs are the ones I say are dirty.
    Too many injuries occur on pussy tackles like that.
    I've seen too many ACL's torn like that..... the one on Willis McGahee at the U of Miami in the Orange Bowl, Adrian Peterson last year, etc.
    Just look at the freeze frames of Goldson.... the punk just dives down on his knees and lowers his head.... as the guys are running thru the area.

When tacklers had fundamentals still, they taught us to SEE WHAT YOU HIT.
    Google Mike Singletary sometimes or watch Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis. These pussy cheap DBs these days that close their eyes and throw their ROCK HELMETS into knees... that has to stop.
    Goodell is focusing on the wrong stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. goldstandard333

goldstandard333 49ers Fan

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  23. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    Raiders moved back to Oakland. NOBODY claims Oakland. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    LOL!!! No worries...at least you fessed up to it. ;-)

25. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    ... You couldn't find anything more... appetizing? Picking her doesn't help convince us you're not 13, it actually hurts your case :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1