OFFICIAL Packers @ 49ers - Divisional Round

7Squared

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget that the replacement officials let your DB's hold our receivers the entire game.

That went both ways. Maybe that aspect of the refs benefitted us more because we play more physical. At least the refs didn't give us a free TD.

FYI the refs let the WRs and DBs play more physical in the playoffs.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That went both ways. Maybe that aspect of the refs benefitted us more because we play more physical. At least the refs didn't give us a free TD.

FYI the refs let the WRs and DBs play more physical in the playoffs.

Do you really want to talk about free touchdowns to a Packer fan? Yesiree we get all the breaks. :rolleyes:

The defensive holding was one sided last time and probably will be tonight. Hairball will be yelling and trying to intimidate the officials from the opening snap.

btw, Packer fans are familiar with playoff football. This isn't our first rodeo.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Crap......I wish I hadn`t watched the NFL game review on the Packers site, now my nerves are REALLY shot to pieces. :coffee:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Countdown. About an hour and a half to game time! It's going to be an interesting game. We have them on QB and offense with Aaron and our receiving core. SF's defense is going to test our O-Line and pass protection. I'm going to say this game is going to come done to our defense. SF is going to be tough. They are a solid team with a solid D. It's going to be an intense game! Can't wait for game time Packers friends and SF fans joining us!

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 1st game was not as close as the score. SF clearly dominated.

The reason why SF has a good chance to win this game is because they are strong where we are weak. They have a dominant OL and a dominant front 7. They win the battles in the trenches.

That's why relying on the magic of Aaron Rodgers and our talented receving corps is not enough. We have to be able to run the ball, and SF's front 7 stopped the run the 1st time and were able to pressure Rodgers without blitzing. And we have to be able to keep Frank Gore from running the ball behind an OL that is very capable of blowing us off the LOS.

Kaepernick may be a noob, but if SF's OL gives him time and Gore is able to run, it won't matter.

I know that....
What I'm saying is they dominated BUT we still had a chance to win the ball game.

Reaction score
Capers has got to change his defensive strategy on Kaepernick because what is going on now is not working. Their D is having trouble with our offense. We just need to be more consistent. I really feel with the Packers getting the ball first in the 2nd half, we need to immediately score a TD and fix our D.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers has got to change his defensive strategy on Kaepernick because what is going on now is not working. Their D is having trouble with our offense. We just need to be more consistent. I really feel with the Packers getting the ball first in the 2nd half, we need to immediately score a TD and fix our D.

When my mom knows whats gonna happen on 3rd and long it's pretty obvious. Can't believe they didn't catch on to that.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offensive line didn't lose this game. Rodgers was sacked once. Harris averaged 4.8 per carry. Kaepernick's legs beat us, plain and simple.

They had long drives in the first half and our defense ran out of steam in the second half. That happens. That's a game plan.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Well, the better team won tonight. Congrats to the 49ers.

Now... The long off season. Have a good few months, all. Can't wait for draft day already!

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game for 3 quarters anyway. SF won, fair and square, with better play.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Offensive line didn't lose this game. Rodgers was sacked once. Harris averaged 4.8 per carry. Kaepernick's legs beat us, plain and simple.

They had long drives in the first half and our defense ran out of steam in the second half. That happens. That's a game plan.

Yeah, it seems like the SF offensive game plan was a complete surprise to the Pack despite the fact that there was plenty of film available. Very strange. We did not respect Kaep's scrambling ability or speed at all. The Packers deserve to be humbled and beat today.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gloating is easy to do, wearing ur colors after a loss isn't, but I will still wear mine tomorrow

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like the SF offensive game plan was a complete surprise to the Pack despite the fact that there was plenty of film available. Very strange. We did not respect Kaep's scrambling ability or speed at all. The Packers deserve to be humbled and beat today.

Kind of. It's also possible our injuries finally caught up to us. Just thinking through how they might have stopped the 49ers. Best I could come up with some magical 7 man in the box defense that lets us stop the run but also stop Kaepernick. That just isn't going to happen. The more I think about it, each time we drew our lot, we had a guy who couldn't win his one on one battle when he needed to.

If Perry was healthy, outside runs get harder. For all of his faults, as a former DE, he set a mean edge.

If Bishop was healthy, maybe he headhunts well enough to pop a ball or two out with hits.

Overall, I still feel good about our defensive line. Gore was contained in the first half. I feel good about Bishop, Matthews, and Perry. Other than Tramon's sudden inability to tackle and the future looming at "Safety Opposite Burnett," I feel good about the secondary.

Members online

Latest posts