OFFICIAL Packers @ 49ers - Divisional Round

OP
OP
V

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me this is the toughest test the Packers will have to face if they are to win it all. Pack need to get out to a good start, take advantage of any rust the Niners may have and force Kap to throw in the 2nd half.

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers tend to do well against one dimensional offenses. You guys better pack your running game or you're probably going to lose.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the packers chances against the 49ers, if the Rams can beat and tie the 49ers, I would think the Packers can just as good a job or better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LargeRon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers tend to do well against one dimensional offenses. You guys better pack your running game or you're probably going to lose.

Yep just like they did well against the Vikings one dimensional offense...oops they lost to them. The Giants were pretty one dimensional against them with their running game only putting up 37 yards, they lost that one too...how about those Rams games, all of 37 yards rushing in the tie and 27 in the loss I would say pretty one dimensional team that took it to the 49rs twice. Should I mention Marshawn Lynch had less than 30 yards and was his teams leading rusher in that loss too?

Hell it seems like it is probably a bonus to be one dimensional against the 49rs this year.

H

HardRightEdge

Capers needs to confuse Kapernick with disguises and odd looks (welcome back Charles); the receivers need to play physical and get off the hand checking that's become the norm in the NFC West; pass blocking will need to step it up or get some help.

It's unfortunate SF got the bye. Their front line D players took a LOT of snaps this season. They should come out refreshed.

Two muffed punts by SF ought to seal it. ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Not that is HUGE but since our week 9 game (total of 8 games) we average 123 yards per game rushing..

252 yards passing per game.
375 total yards per game in last 8

176 yards rushing vs the Cards, you only got about 130 on them???

Niners are getting 142 yards rushing per game for last 8 games
212 yards passing per game,
354 total yards per game for last 8 games

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure about other fans, but on this forum we double check our facts when trolls try to make up stuff

Actually he's right...but it's more specific than he stated.

They are pretty good against teams that are predominantly one dimensional PASS offenses. I'm not trying to start something as this should be a very good game...but the Niners have faired very well against the big name QBs over the last few years. They beat the Packers, The Lions twice (yes...not world beaters but Stafford had huge yards last year and they are one dimensional), they beat Brees and the Saints twice, they beat the Patriots. The only QB they've really had issues with is Eli.

The Niners struggle against teams with balanced attacks and really good defenses...particularly good pass rushes (Minn to some extent, Rams, Seattle, Giants).

This should be a great game so I'm not BSing here. Harris looks pretty good to me and while Justin Smith will be back, he's not 100%. If they Packers have to pass 60 times, they won't win. If they are able to move the ball just a bit on the ground, they have a really good shot.

One thing tho...this team is WAY different on O with Kaepernick. According to PFF (Pro Football Focus) he is one of the best deep passers in the game. VERY accurate down the field. Call him the anti-Alex. ;-) He is young tho so he might be prone to a mistake. We'll just have to see.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I predict this will be a good game, both teams will be high 20's, it'll be close, and Billy Cundiff follows the expected pattern and misses the game winning FG in the Playoffs, Packers win.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep just like they did well against the Vikings one dimensional offense...oops they lost to them. The Giants were pretty one dimensional against them with their running game only putting up 37 yards, they lost that one too...how about those Rams games, all of 37 yards rushing in the tie and 27 in the loss I would say pretty one dimensional team that took it to the 49rs twice. Should I mention Marshawn Lynch had less than 30 yards and was his teams leading rusher in that loss too?

Hell it seems like it is probably a bonus to be one dimensional against the 49rs this year.

How about you stick to knowledge about your team and we will stick to knowing about our team.

He's actually correct in his analisys...but its more about one dimensional PASS offenses. Those yards you are talking about (apart from being incorrect in some cases---for example Lynch had 111 yards in that loss including a 20 plus yard TD on his first carry and Jackson had 109 yards in the tie) are how the game played out, noit how the teams played the rest of the year...which is what he was talking about. Are the Vikings, Rams, or Seahawks one dimensional pass offenses? The Giants can be and they have been their achilles heal.

How about the Packers, Lions, Saints, or Patriots. All wins.

The losses and Tie?? Adrian Peterson. Steven Jackson. Marshawn Lynch. Big, physical runners.

THATS what he's talking about.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure about other fans, but on this forum we double check our facts when trolls try to make up stuff

RIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTTTTT

Steven Jackson had 101 and 48 yards rushing in those two games and Lynch had 111. Looks like your double checkers need triple checkers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
RIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTTTTT

Steven Jackson had 101 and 48 yards rushing in those two games and Lynch had 111. Looks like your double checkers need triple checkers.

Not sure what ya mean?

I meant what I was posting and why I posted it

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will the toughest game for the Packers to get to the SB. The 9ers match up well against us. Our O-line needs to have a strong game against them. They have good DBs that can cover so Rodgers will likely have to run for the first down. Hopefully, Capers will be able to confuse thier rookie QB into making some mistakes. The game will be very close, and may be decided by a turnover or big special teams play.

Packers -28
49ers -24

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB isn't nearly as good as they were last year. As long as our defense shows up, I have faith that Kaepernick, Gore, Crabtree and the rest of our offense will get the job done. Go 9ers baby

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers will be a tough game..... but we can beat the same way we Vikings...... shut down Gore keep contain on Kapernick running and make them throw it. I think think we can take the offense will put up points and make them play from behind.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year does not matter, We are playing much better then our first game of the year, while the niners have been slipping a bit. Will be a tough game, but I believe that your defense will have a lot more problem this time around.

SFTifoso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers will be a tough game..... but we can beat the same way we Vikings...... shut down Gore keep contain on Kapernick running and make them throw it. I think think we can take the offense will put up points and make them play from behind.

You guys didn't have to worry about Webb at all. When you knew the Vikings could only beat you on the ground it was easy picking from that point. And that blown coverage was complacency by your defense. That's how much Webb sucked.

The Vikes should've actually ran the ball with AP and by using the read option. I don't know why they insisted on passing, it obviously wasn't going to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts