OFFICIAL Pack - Cards and predictions

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't like what i saw in my crystal ball when i looked at it this morning sorry. I see an Arizona cardinals team coming in with a legit defense and who can give us problems if we don't run the ball..let me rephrase that, if we are not EFFECTIVE running the ball. I see it being a defensive struggle as Arizona will undoubtedly drop extra guys back into coverage to take away the big plays daring us to run.

I hope Nelson can play and i pray Finley decides to live up to his potential or else i see a home loss going into the bye week. I'm not even 1% confident we will be able to move the ball on the ground and i've seen no reason to think otherwise. I would love to see Starks get that thirst back and step up and take the job from Green and breakout with a 100 yd game but i could be asking to much. I'm sure it will be a cold day so i'm not predicting #12 to throw for 400 yds and four touchdowns but he may have to be play out of his mind once again for us to win. I'm getting tiered of saying that btw....that's way to much pressure for him but with Ted not doing anything again at the trade deadline what else can i hang my hat on? Cobb needs to be used more on those jet sweeps and shuffle passes. He's the only real threat of a gambreaker running the ball so put the ball in his hands and let him be a return man basicly.

The Cards have a worse o-line then we do...how often do we see that:cautious: so we need to beat the qb up, force some turnovers, and win the field position so we can get some easy point's. Hopefully touchdowns because i don't wanna see Crosby jogging on to the field unless it's for an extra point. This week defense needs to dominate....no more allowing average qb's to look all pro.

12theTruth

If Jordy plays +10 24 - 14

No Jordy -4 13-9

An important consideration is that the Cards beat the Patriots on the road with an opponent that had a better running game then we do and a QB at the same caliber as ours.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If Jordy plays +10 24 - 14

No Jordy -4 13-9

An important consideration is that the Cards beat the Patriots on the road with an opponent that had a better running game then we do and a QB at the same caliber as ours.

Yes, but the cards are also on a 4 game skid....going into hostile waters.....we are on a streak....and at home.

Any given Sunday my friend.

Packers 23

Cards 13

Our defense saves the day.

12theTruth

I hope you are right. Under normal circumstances to see John Skelton as QB you'd be thinking big blowout.

Go Pack!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Matthews has a big day....skelton runs for his life.

lol and so does Rodgers. I see him getting sacked four times at least, this game will be decided by whoever takes care of the ball and wins field position. Unfortunately it may come down to the kickers.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
lol and so does Rodgers. I see him getting sacked four times at least, this game will be decided by whoever takes care of the ball and wins field position. Unfortunately it may come down to the kickers.

Don't think that they get after the QB as well as we do......well, then again our O line sucks...so...you never know.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think that they get after the QB as well as we do......well, then again our O line sucks...so...you never know.

We are tied with them with 26 sacks each, they also have more forced fumbles and fumble recoveries..

We have 9 ints, they have 7

They have given up 127 points--- good for 3rd best in the league..

Us 208 points, makes us 29th

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Their defense ON PAPER is better than ours

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Overall : cards have gotten 26 sacks, they have given up 39 sacks!!!!

Their pass defense is kinda stingy, but so was houstons
Their run defense sucks, but so do our RB's, so maybe we can FINALLY have a 100 yeard rusher...maybe

Their biggest threat in the secondary is patrick peterson, he has 3 picks, other than that they don't have anyone else we cant throw at.....Hell, our rookie Hayward has had 4 picks in October alone. The 49ers ; Alex smith and Micheal crabtree tore patrick peterson a new ***hole in the pass game, and that was Alex smith...C'mon.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/ari/arizona-cardinals

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they need to use D.D. more think Finley will step up the r.bs. just need to do enough tom get even the short passes Green is good at that I feel pack can win this game d-line is going to have a good day Clay will have at least 4 sacks:) cards d-line if out on the field to much will tire and the cold think that will make them birds want to hibernate and go south.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are tied with them with 26 sacks each, they also have more forced fumbles and fumble recoveries..

We have 9 ints, they have 7

They have given up 127 points--- good for 3rd best in the league..

Us 208 points, makes us 29th

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Their defense ON PAPER is better than ours
That says a lot.

My Prediction:
Packers 27
Cardinals 10

I wish we'd pitch a shutout. But we made Blaine Gabbert look pretty potent, so I see the Cards scoring at least 10 on us.
All I hope for is a win and no bad injuries please thank you.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I checked the standings for the entire NFC. Currently we are ranked 6th overall. Does that meant that if the season ended today we would get the 6th seed as we did in 2010? Also, if I remember correctly Arizona is ranked #5. We def need to beat them more more than just one or two reasons!

GO PACK GO!!
Actually, if you go to NFL.com and click on the standings, and sort by conference it will give you the correct order of were the teams are. AZ is currently 7th, Green Bay 6th, Minnesota 5th, Niners 4th, Giants 3, Bears 2nd and Atlanta 1.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I live IN Wisconsin and am still not getting the game...which means unfortunately I'll be going to the bar in the morning on Sunday!

Oh... I feel your pain Alex. I lived in Superior/Duluth in um... the 1987?? season ... flippin' Duluth TV stations carried nothing but Viking games forcing me to drive to darned near Ashland to find a bar with a satellite dish (one of those HUGE dishes that could probably pick up conversations between Martians) so that I could watch the Pack. Quite the silliness really but I actually looked forward to the weekends that my wife (girlfriend at the time) made me drive her home to visit her Mom ... because I told her that we wouldn't leave until the game was finished...then, and only then would we begin the 7 hour drive back to Superior.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Men lie, women lie, stats don't.

I can make 'stats' say whatever I need them to say when 'sandbagging' my 2013 budget projections. ;) Just sayin' ... not a matter of lying ... it's all in the presentation.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Honestly, I think we see a replay of last week's game. I'm not kidding when I say I'll take the ugly win. Just too many guys out right now to look like a Super Bowl team now. Now...it's just a battle for survival. Win the darned game by one-half of one point for all of me ... just win it.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... I feel your pain Alex. I lived in Superior/Duluth in um... the 1987?? season ... flippin' Duluth TV stations carried nothing but Viking games forcing me to drive to darned near Ashland to find a bar with a satellite dish (one of those HUGE dishes that could probably pick up conversations between Martians) so that I could watch the Pack. Quite the silliness really but I actually looked forward to the weekends that my wife (girlfriend at the time) made me drive her home to visit her Mom ... because I told her that we wouldn't leave until the game was finished...then, and only then would we begin the 7 hour drive back to Superior.
Good for you the team sucked back then and most games were noon Sundays. Not many primetime or late games in those days. The TV announcers were the dregs and you should have listened to Jim and Max while you drove.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
They have given up 127 points--- good for 3rd best in the league. Us 208 points, makes us 29th
Help me out here, longtimefan. Here’s a link to nfl.com which lists the order of teams by fewest points surrendered per game. Arizona is #4 at 17.8 ppg, having given up a total of 142. The Packers are tied at #12 with New England having surrendered 21.2 ppg for a total of 170 total points.

In the less significant yards surrendered per game, Arizona is 6th and the Packers are 13th. You’re right, the Cards defense is better but the Packers defense is in the top half of the league in both points and yards per game surrendered.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2012&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&qualified=true

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Help me out here, longtimefan. Here’s a link to nfl.com which lists the order of teams by fewest points surrendered per game. Arizona is #4 at 17.8 ppg, having given up a total of 142. The Packers are tied at #12 with New England having surrendered 21.2 ppg for a total of 170 total points.

In the less significant yards surrendered per game, Arizona is 6th and the Packers are 13th. You’re right, the Cards defense is better but the Packers defense is in the top half of the league in both points and yards per game surrendered.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2012&role=OPP&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=SCORING&qualified=true

Jack this says we are 18th but still not 29th. It shows 13 teams have given up more points than us.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...rence=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts