OFFICIAL Pack - Cards and predictions

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Packers get to play the plummeting Cardinals before their bye week. We can't chalk this one up as another tuneup game before vacation. The Cardinal defense is well respected with a highly regarded LB. Two receivers would get playing time in GB along with a QB that is a bit above Gabbert and look how great our defense made him look last week.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right in a sense. I don't think Skelton is any better than Gabbert. He certainly was not drafted as high.
Unlike the 9ers we can't run the ball any better than the Cardinals so pass rush, pass coverage, and pass protection play strongly. Niners defense just smothered the Cardinals. We may not be that good but we can put the brakes on them, too if we can cover Fitzgerald. We definitely need Nelson, Shields, and possibly Perry back on the field.
I hate the MM philosophy of let's let them heal til after the bye.

12theTruth

Here's a surprising stat. One which should make a Packer fan a bit more solid in our belief in a victory on Sunday.

The Packers and Cardinals have the two WORST O-lines in the league. One stat that made my jaw drop was the fact that Arizona has had 29 rushes for negatives yards thus far. That is double the 14 the Packers currently have. That is beyond pathetic. LOL

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like every team has one guy the packers just cant cover. Reggie Wayne against the colts, Cecil Freaking Shorts last Sunday. It just scares me to think that that guy could be Larry Fitzgerald this week if they can get the ball in his hands early and often they have a good chance of putting points on the board. If GB can force an early turnover and get a 10+ point lead I think the odds are very good we can pull this one out.

Here's hoping this is Alex Green's break out game

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a sure-thing win for this team. Indy and Jacksonville have proven that. Too inconsistent, a terrible OL, no running game to speak of, a defense that is good some weeks and not others. Our secondary was leaving guys wide open last week, and if Gabbert had thrown it better, it could have been a bad afternoon.

Right now this offense is 1-dimensional and the team is nursing a lot of injuries. Cardinal defense can bring it. I guess I'm worried.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After last week's debacle, I don't know what to expect with this team anymore. The Packers made Blaine Gabbert look good, and nearly backed into an inexcusable loss. I really can't see this team in the Super Bowl, but I hope I'm wrong.

H

HardRightEdge

SF dismantled AZ's offense in a way the score does not depict. It was garbage time by the middle of third quarter. I actually felt bad for Skelton, and I rarely do that.

- AZ started hot at 4-0, but have dropped 4 straight.
- If it's possible, their running game is worse than ours.
- It looks like Kolb will be out at least another week giving Skelton another start.
- Fitzgerald got his head bounced off the turf twice and did not look like his normal self after the first bounce; he claims he's just fine, but there might be a hangover.
- AZ has a very tough front 7
- AZ showed no quit in that SF game despite being over matched.

This is the profile of the kind of teams that give the 2012 Packers trouble.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I really wish that capers would stop that "prevent" "let's only rush 3 or 4" on 3rd and long while playing a zone defense. I hate to say it, but, if we keep that crap up Larry Fitz and Skelton are going to look like Montana to Rice this coming sunday. There are way to many large coverage gaps in our zone pass defense. We have the speed in our secondary to play man defense and if we do that, double cover Fitz and play straight up man to man on the slower WR's on those certain downs and distance we will be better off. Nothing ****** me off more about the packers than them letting a lesser team stuff it down our throats on 3rd and long. I say we pressure the crap out of skelton all game!!! Force them to run since their run game is crappy just like ours is.

Also, I saw the safety blitz work once for a sack and two times to force an out of bounds throw against the Jags....we need to use that more often and disguise it so skelton does not see it coming. Up till the Jags game, we barely have used that this season.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well guess what?! The 49ers have a bye week, and the Raiders are playing on Fox at 1pm (because they play the Bucs.) and the Packers game is NOT televised out here for the 2nd week in a row! Guess I am going to have to get creative again...

Also, I feel like Alex Green is going to have a good game vs. the Cards this week. Peterson and Gore both had decent games. Although Green may not be on their caliber, he should do well. I am thinking to the tone of about 80 yards.

TheDellsSmells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack doesnt have enough talent to win on talent alone. The o line is awful, no run game, and the wr's are average at best. All the Pack can hope for is some luck and a good game by Rogers because if he goes down so does any chances the Packers have at being 500 this season.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hopefully we get a W alone...and not at the loss of another player. the final score can be 3-0 for all i care...we need to get into the bye with no injuries AND with a win because this packers team needs work. As always, GO PACK GO!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well guess what?! The 49ers have a bye week, and the Raiders are playing on Fox at 1pm (because they play the Bucs.) and the Packers game is NOT televised out here for the 2nd week in a row! Guess I am going to have to get creative again...

Also, I feel like Alex Green is going to have a good game vs. the Cards this week. Peterson and Gore both had decent games. Although Green may not be on their caliber, he should do well. I am thinking to the tone of about 80 yards.

I live IN Wisconsin and am still not getting the game...which means unfortunately I'll be going to the bar in the morning on Sunday!

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I live IN Wisconsin and am still not getting the game...which means unfortunately I'll be going to the bar in the morning on Sunday!
Okay, I'll buy that as the official version. Since you are also in Wisconsin, we know that that means you didn't go home Sat night. You won't be "going" to the bar, you will have a good reason to still be there.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, do you think Casey Hayward will be the one given the assignment to guard Fitzgerald? I think he is having a better season than Tramon Williams.

Also, with Jordy Nelson more than likely still out how will our our passing game fare? That Peterson fellow they have is pretty impressive! Randall Cobb is a speedster and I think that Peterson will be on him and James Jones will have a better game because of it. Driver, if Nelson is still out, will shine even more so than last week.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really hoping Jordy Nelson is going to be ready on Sunday. Without him stretching teams deep the underneath stuff to Cobb and everyone else is getting smothered. I think we will see more of Starks this week and hopefully can get better than 2 ypc out of the run game. I also hope to see 2 or 3 screens, some sort of pitch/shovel pass to Cobb and lots of short to intermediate routes to keep the pressure off Rodgers.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that guy in the video you posted, EmDiggy. He is a fresh take on a weekly game breakdown.

As I said before, Patrick Peterson is going to be a big issue for our WRs this game, especially if JN sits out. However, if he does I STILL think DD has his break out game.

I think we will see more of Starks this week and hopefully can get better than 2 ypc out of the run game. I also hope to see 2 or 3 screens, some sort of pitch/shovel pass to Cobb and lots of short to intermediate routes to keep the pressure off Rodgers.

I think we will see more Starks as well, but not enough. He looked good for the couple plays he had last week...but they are stuck on Alex Green it appears.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will see more Starks as well, but not enough. He looked good for the couple plays he had last week...but they are stuck on Alex Green it appears.

I don't think we need to see a lot of Starks, just enough to showcase his strengths (running between the tackles). I also think Green and Starks spell each other enough that if we used the two of them more efficiently we could see better results out of the running game. It seems like we are trying to shove a square peg into a round hole with Green as a feature back and if we could use him more where he naturally fits as a 3rd down back type or pass pro guy he could shine and Starks could get more opportunities where his game is better.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The Pack doesnt have enough talent to win on talent alone. The o line is awful, no run game, and the wr's are average at best. All the Pack can hope for is some luck and a good game by Rogers because if he goes down so does any chances the Packers have at being 500 this season.

Thanks for enlightening us.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I checked the standings for the entire NFC. Currently we are ranked 6th overall. Does that meant that if the season ended today we would get the 6th seed as we did in 2010? Also, if I remember correctly Arizona is ranked #5. We def need to beat them more more than just one or two reasons!

GO PACK GO!!

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a surprising stat. One which should make a Packer fan a bit more solid in our belief in a victory on Sunday.

The Packers and Cardinals have the two WORST O-lines in the league. One stat that made my jaw drop was the fact that Arizona has had 29 rushes for negatives yards thus far. That is double the 14 the Packers currently have. That is beyond pathetic. LOL
Not having Daryn Colledge has made our line just a cut above "beyond pathetic!" You're welcome Cards! :)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried about this game frankly. Everyone including Rodgers is saying that we need to run better, but the Cardinal defense is far better against the run than the Jags, and look how we did there.

Lots of injuries. What's up with Perry? MM said they were "very lucky" with Perry's injury because it wasn't serious, but this will be the 3rd game in a row he's out. Nelson doubtful. Worthy, no clue.

Our defense was soft against the Jags. Yes, the Cards have a pathetic offense, but somehow we have a way of making 3rd string QBs look good. With their defensive 7 against our sub-par OL it could be a long day for Rodgers, and if the Cards can manage to put a few points up on the board against us, we could lose this one.

But. . . I think we'll win.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked the standings for the entire NFC. Currently we are ranked 6th overall. Does that meant that if the season ended today we would get the 6th seed as we did in 2010? Also, if I remember correctly Arizona is ranked #5. We def need to beat them more more than just one or two reasons!

GO PACK GO!!

How can Ariz be #5? they are 4-4 Packers are 5-3

W/O going into tie breakers I only used the winning %

atlanta- 7-0
chicago- 6-1
NY (tied with niners)-6-2
Minny tied with Pack 5-3
Arizona and Seattle tied

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks showed what he had in 2010 although briefly. He has the talent to be at least an average back. Green, on the other hand, is at best a 3rd down back. He has some speed but not the physical skills to survive in an NFL backfield. Until Benson comes back or someone else arrives Starks is the best we have if he ever gets his head in the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts