OFFICIAL okcpackerfan CLIFTON released

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of people reporting this already. Thanks for the memories Chad. Enjoy your retirement ( he needs to retire ) and your Super Bowl ring.

Great Player. Great Packer.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for all your contributions to the Packers Chad!! Sit back and await for your entry in to the Packers HOF.

Clifton's contribution to the 2010 title cannot be overstated. It was as if he drank from the fountain of youth for that last half season. He has been a great pass blocking LT. I remember when Clifton was selected (#44 in the second round of the 2000 draft) quite a few Packers fans weren't happy as they wanted help for the front seven instead (Bubba Franks was taken in the first). Some "experts" even questioned whether or not he could play OT in the NFL. Of course he started at LT and the rest is history. Even Ron Wolf didn't know it at the time but in that draft he acquired OT bookends for most of the next decade as he "stole" Tauscher at #224 in the seventh.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
every since that hit by Sapp I've always thought of Chad like that old Timex commercial. Takes a lick'n but keeps on tick'n. All good things must end. I only hope that his replacements will be as good as he was.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Oh Drew that picture is perfect for the thread!!!

* And if Chad ever looks at this board,.. of course you will be missed!:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts