Official Lions SNF Thread

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are coming off three tough losses in a row.

First we beat them in the 4th qtr w/ TD pass to Cobb.

Then Houston beat um in OT on Turkey Day..... When Hansen had a chance to win it.

THEN.... Luck pulls out ANOTHER come from behind 4th qtr come back to beat them in Detroit this past Sunday.

Packers are coming off a division win and have not lost a division game since.......? two years ago!??!!? (lol is that right?)

I also think it has been close to 20 years (!?!!?) since Detroit has won in GB.

What are your thoughts for SNF?

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple thoughts off the top of my head:

1) We are LAMBEAU this time.

2) It is nite time, in Wisconsin, in December. We are playing outside, and the Lions play in a dome most of the time.

3) I think the team has rediscovered their sense of purpose. Aaron Rodgers is focused, and really taking the team on his back. Hopefully we get Clay back this week. Bring on those GIANTS!!!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are going thru all kinds of schit right now with A) WR Titus Young basically being expelled from the team like a bad student in school B) Promising rookie WR Ryan Broyles tearing his ACL yesterday. Poor guy was a stud at Oklahoma and tore his ACL last year, costing him millions. Now he was moving up into the starting position as they had already lost Nate Burleson to either a broken leg or an ACL and then Titus.....

Now it's all Megatron at WR for the Lions. He has set a record having 4 straight games of at least 140 yards... he is on pace to break the GOAT Jerry Rice's single season record for yards receiving.

We gave up 200 rushing to Adrian Peterson even though the defense knew he was the #1 & #2 guy to focus on. Can we give up 200 receiving to Calvin this week?

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We gave up 200 rushing to Adrian Peterson even though the defense knew he was the #1 & #2 guy to focus on. Can we give up 200 receiving to Calvin this week?

Absolutely not. I think we will give up around 125-ish though. He will have a good game, but in the end we will prevail. Also, I am worried about LeShoure. He is picking up steam and we have a tough time against powerful runners.

Reaction score
Our secondary is far more potent than our D-Line. Make them one dimensional and shut Megadildo down, then just run up the score. Our offense is better. I want Matthews back though, but if we have to wait until Chicago then so be it.

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really hoping we come out of this without another starter going down, especially to an angry/vindictive Lions team.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Suh has said in the past "I love to try to hit Arod as hard as I can, and take him out". He is a dirty player and still the NFL allows him to play dispite all his dirty antics and threats that spew out of his dumpster mouth. A $30,000 fine for kicking Matt Schaub in the balls aint ****, he spends that much at a buffet on a daily basis.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nelson is prob out..

It is a wash as we have Jennings back and no Nelson..We had Nelson for a while and no Greg

H

HardRightEdge

Young basically being expelled from the team like a bad student in school.

The word is Young was intentionally lining up in the wrong spot and running the wrong routes. I would score this out worse than Randy Moss jogging out routes in a marijuana haze, if that is at all possible. Young is a strong early candidate for KOD (Knucklehead of the Decade).

DET's talent level is exceeded by their lack of discipline, personal and professional. They can be dangerous. They're lousy closers. Losing to these guys would be very disappointing, our OL issues notwithstanding.

ro.ke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions for the win.. NO DOUBT AT ALL. My very first game at Lambeau Field this Sunday night. All the way from San Diego CA. I am super excited!!!!!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More worried about Louis the ACL-hunter Delmas than I am Suh.
Also hate Nick Fairley now too... another wild board on the DL.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Delmas might not play sunday, injured
I thought he was back last week... maybe re-injured? Or quit?

Here's Fairley:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was back last week... maybe re-injured? Or quit?

Here's Fairley:

What a scum bag. Him and Suh should be out of the league.

ro.ke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't understand how the league sees all of this and still them play? Could it be that they are saying "These players are dirty, bad and unethical... BUT it brings the viewers back"

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.J. Lang G Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
Donald Driver WR Thumb Limited Participation in Practice Probable
Clay Matthews LB Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Jordy Nelson WR Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Sam Shields CB Ankle Full Participation in Practice Probable
Mike Neal DE Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
James Starks RB Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Out
C.J. Wilson DE Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Charles Woodson S Collarbone Limited Participation in Practice Out
Jeff Saturday C Foot Limited Participation in Practice Probable
Terrell Manning LB Shoulder Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Going to be tough.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to sound odd but I think the Lions might be the toughest team in our division for us to beat. I think it's a winnable game but I'm predicting it to be very close.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to sound odd but I think the Lions might be the toughest team in our division for us to beat. I think it's a winnable game but I'm predicting it to be very close.

What is worse is this idea floating around that it is impossible for us to lose to the Lions at home, since it has not happened since before the Favre era.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts