OFFICIAL GREG JENNINGS TALK

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't live in Wisconsin, even so I hale from the west side of the state (La Crosse), so I missed this "ad". However Jennings shared it on his Facebook page as well. I guess he took out a full page ad in both the Green Bay Press Gazette, and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Here it is for anyone who's still managed to miss it:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/72316_564338823584567_89659575_n.jpg

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty classy move by a classy individual. I think that it speaks to impact that the community had on Greg and how he wants to maintain the relationship now that he's moved on. The last time I heard about a player placing a full-page advertisement, I think it was some lineman from Atlanta guaranteeing a 2012 Super Bowl win.

I don't necessarily expect more players to do this, but it shows class none-the-less. I think it speaks volumes that half of the photos are of his family and not just highlight photos of him being great.

Reaction score
thanks for the memories gg...now we will kick your a** as a viking. its nothing personal, just business.

Indeed.

While I have a lot of faith in who we still have putting hands on passes, I've no doubt we'll come up with a new guy or two that nobody in the mainstream has ever heard of. And man, I'm sure hoping our receiver corps can stay healthy next season!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Jennings purchased a full page ad in the Journal Sentinel and the Press-Gazette titled "A Bittersweet Farewell". Here's the text of the ad:

Packers Nation,
It has been 7 years since I was first blessed with the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful organization
and community. I want to take this time to thank each and every one of you for opening your arms and hearts
to my family and me, and for making Green Bay an easy place to love and call home.

Although the business side of this great game has brought about change, my family and I will be forever
indebted to the Packers organization and fans for giving us the opportunity to be a part of an amazing culture.
Even when gone or simply far away, memories are like a strong emotion, they seem to somehow stay.

“In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/199148631.html

I happened to be in Green Bay today and picked up a copy of the P-G ... full color ad on the back page of the sports section. Had pictures of his wife and kids, Mom, Dad, SISTER ... and some little guy... nice play... reminds me of when Kampmann did the same thing.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice move on Jennings part but can we please move this thread and all others that have to do with Jennings to the "All Other Teams Discussion Forum?" Or may I suggest "Vikings formerly known as Packers" forum?

Reaction score
Nice move on Jennings part but can we please move this thread and all others that have to do with Jennings to the "All Other Teams Discussion Forum?" Or may I suggest "Vikings formerly known as Packers" forum?
I came here to post something that said this sort of thing but you beat me to it lol

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I happened to be in Green Bay today and picked up a copy of the P-G ... full color ad on the back page of the sports section. Had pictures of his wife and kids, Mom, Dad, SISTER ... and some little guy... nice play... reminds me of when Kampmann did the same thing.

I hope he takes her with him to Minnesota so she can give advice during games. I'm sure she will think ponder is the next Marino

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah... but she's kinda cute so I'm cutting her a little slack. There's a scene from "Remember the Titans" where the other coach's daughter is pestering him while he's trying to watch film. Denzel's character's daughter is playing with her dolls.

Denzel's character recommends that the little girl go play with her dolls...the girl grumbles that she hates dolls ... and the other girl says that she's "accessorizing" .... I think that Greg's sister should take up accessorizing.

Members online

Latest posts