1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

OFFICIAL GREG JENNINGS TALK

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Dec 24, 2012.

1. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    I don't live in Wisconsin, even so I hale from the west side of the state (La Crosse), so I missed this "ad". However Jennings shared it on his Facebook page as well. I guess he took out a full page ad in both the Green Bay Press Gazette, and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Here it is for anyone who's still managed to miss it:
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/72316_564338823584567_89659575_n.jpg

2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,434
    Pretty classy move by a classy individual. I think that it speaks to impact that the community had on Greg and how he wants to maintain the relationship now that he's moved on. The last time I heard about a player placing a full-page advertisement, I think it was some lineman from Atlanta guaranteeing a 2012 Super Bowl win.

I don't necessarily expect more players to do this, but it shows class none-the-less. I think it speaks volumes that half of the photos are of his family and not just highlight photos of him being great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    thanks for the memories gg...

...now we will kick your a** as a viking. its nothing personal, just business.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jaekel from LaCrosse

Jaekel from LaCrosse Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed.

While I have a lot of faith in who we still have putting hands on passes, I've no doubt we'll come up with a new guy or two that nobody in the mainstream has ever heard of. And man, I'm sure hoping our receiver corps can stay healthy next season!

5. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    I happened to be in Green Bay today and picked up a copy of the P-G ... full color ad on the back page of the sports section. Had pictures of his wife and kids, Mom, Dad, SISTER ... and some little guy... nice play... reminds me of when Kampmann did the same thing.

6. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    Nice move on Jennings part but can we please move this thread and all others that have to do with Jennings to the "All Other Teams Discussion Forum?" Or may I suggest "Vikings formerly known as Packers" forum?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    I came here to post something that said this sort of thing but you beat me to it lol

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,041
    I hope he takes her with him to Minnesota so she can give advice during games. I'm sure she will think ponder is the next Marino

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    Yeah... but she's kinda cute so I'm cutting her a little slack. There's a scene from "Remember the Titans" where the other coach's daughter is pestering him while he's trying to watch film. Denzel's character's daughter is playing with her dolls.

Denzel's character recommends that the little girl go play with her dolls...the girl grumbles that she hates dolls ... and the other girl says that she's "accessorizing" .... I think that Greg's sister should take up accessorizing.