OFFICIAL GREG JENNINGS TALK

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings GM Rick Spielman has been trying to steer clear of big FA choices and like the Packers, build through the draft, but when your receiving corps are down to nothing, you cannot pass on a proven player and locker room leader like Jennings. It takes years to set up a team though the draft and very difficult to accomplish. The Packers have the best GM in football and one of the top front offices in all of professional sports. As for Jennings... I don't think Jennings is anywhere nearing the past of his prime. A groin injury, and I've had my share when I played football, can be very difficult to play through effectively and they heal much slower when aggravating the area when having to play.

In the end, it is a business. The Vikings offered him more money and that's what drives the owners and the players. Money.

Right on. I can't find it in me to be mad at Jennings. Intra-divisional trades happen but it's harder when the player is somebody beloved to your team like Jennings. The Vikings need to do what the need to do.

When I was speaking of "past their prime" I should of clarified I wasn't including Jennings in that as much as past their prime QBs. There is no need for me to list them.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m VERY disappointed to hear this......Should we just call them the "Green Bay retirement home" ?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that Jennings passed on a deal with New England to sign with Minnesota. Strange. I hate Tom Brady and even I would go catch passes from Brady instead of Ponder.

If he would have preferred to catch passes from Brady for $6M a year rather than $9.5M a year in Minnesota, I'm sure he would have just stayed in Green Bay for $8M a year.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has thrown 31 TDs to 25 INT. I'd say that's pretty consistent at getting intercepted. Almost nearly as consistent as he is at throwing TDs.

One thing about Greg Jennings here in GB, he was never a guy left out on an island with a teams best CB. As long as he has been here the Packers have had the weapons to move everyone all over the place to create match up problems. In Minnesota he will be the only credible receiving threat and for the first time in his career not catching balls from one of the best in the league. I'm not saying he cant be productive, I'm just saying he didn't choose the situation that was going to put him in the best position he could be to win a championship. He did choose the situation that was going to bring him the most money. It is a business after-all.

Even if you hate the Packers and cant take of the Purple and Yellow shades for a minute to realize Gb has a better chance at winning a Super Bowl than the Vikings you certainly can agree that Tom Brady and the Pats have an equal or better shot than the Vikings. Another team who offered a contract but didn't throw piles of money at him

You do realize that Rudolph, the tight end who is better than Mr. Finley, is still on the team correct? You also realize they have two first round picks in a deep wide receiving draft? But yes, Jennings is the only credible one. And Wright displayed zero ability to catch the football last year.

I mean seriously?

And how exactly to the Packers have a better chance at winning the Super Bowl. They have the passing game, Matthews, Raji, and a slightly above average secondary. That is about it.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize that Rudolph, the tight end who is better than Mr. Finley, is still on the team correct? You also realize they have two first round picks in a deep wide receiving draft? But yes, Jennings is the only credible one. And Wright displayed zero ability to catch the football last year.

I mean seriously?

And how exactly to the Packers have a better chance at winning the Super Bowl. They have the passing game, Matthews, Raji, and a slightly above average secondary. That is about it.

well its a passing league and the packers have the best one. Minn has one of the worst. There is your answer.

BTW dont get too excited about any immediate impact from any WRs you take in the draft. They take years to develop.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well its a passing league and the packers have the best one. Minn has one of the worst. There is your answer.

BTW dont get too excited about any immediate impact from any WRs you take in the draft. They take years to develop.

Not all of them..so that's not neccessarily a true statement.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not all of them..so that's not neccessarily a true statement.

Lol correct, there are exceptions to every rule.

But let me know which one you think is randy moss in this draft.

Even megatron had a pedestrian rookie yr

H

HardRightEdge

The WR draft value is heaviest in low 1st. round through 3rd. round possession-type WRs...Robert Woods would be an example. Above that, there's maybe Patterson for a big, fast wide out and Austin for the slot.

It takes rookies a year or two to build out their route tree and get in sync with their QB. I recall MM making the comment in early 2011 that he was adding to Nelson's route tree...in his 4th. year. An A.J. Green type rookie year is unusual even among high picks, and many HOF WRs don't begin to hit their stride until year 2 or 3.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol correct, there are exceptions to every rule.

But let me know which one you think is randy moss in this draft.

Even megatron had a pedestrian rookie yr

there will NEVER be another Randy Moss...however i like that Cordarrelle Patterson dude from Tenn. I think he could have the type of impact in this offense that makes us forget about Greg Jennings quickly. 6'3 200 lbs? 4.4 speed? if he's even close to the Wr AJ Green is with his similar build and speed then look out. Another dark horse wr is Robert Woods. I compare him alot to Dez Bryant.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there will NEVER be another Randy Moss...however i like that Cordarrelle Patterson dude from Tenn. I think he could have the type of impact in this offense that makes us forget about Greg Jennings quickly. 6'3 200 lbs? 4.4 speed? if he's even close to the Wr AJ Green is with his similar build and speed then look out. Another dark horse wr is Robert Woods. I compare him alot to Dez Bryant.

How do you feel about Patton?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patton is the guy I would target if TT is going after a WR early. I wouldn't touch anything from that Tennessee program with a billion foot pole.

For day 3 picks I would go with Jasper Collins out of Mt Union, Conner Vernon out of Duke or Aaron Mellette out of Elon

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Patton is the guy I would target if TT is going after a WR early. I wouldn't touch anything from that Tennessee program with a billion foot pole.

For day 3 picks I would go with Jasper Collins out of Mt Union, Conner Vernon out of Duke or Aaron Mellette out of Elon

Huh? You talking about UT out of knoxville?

Here are a few that I know of off the top of my head:
Peyton manning
Arien foster
Jabari greer
Jerod mayo
robert meachum
dante' stallworth
scott wells
Jason witten

Guess nobody wanted to reach out to those guys from UT huh?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh? You talking about UT out of knoxville?

Here are a few that I know of off the top of my head:
Peyton manning
Arien foster
Jabari greer
Jerod mayo
robert meachum
dante' stallworth
scott wells
Jason witten

Guess nobody wanted to reach out to those guys from UT huh?
I was referring to the 3 receivers they have in the draft. The 2 that played for them last year and the 1 that was kicked out and went to TT.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Jennings purchased a full page ad in the Journal Sentinel and the Press-Gazette titled "A Bittersweet Farewell". Here's the text of the ad:

Packers Nation,
It has been 7 years since I was first blessed with the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful organization
and community. I want to take this time to thank each and every one of you for opening your arms and hearts
to my family and me, and for making Green Bay an easy place to love and call home.

Although the business side of this great game has brought about change, my family and I will be forever
indebted to the Packers organization and fans for giving us the opportunity to be a part of an amazing culture.
Even when gone or simply far away, memories are like a strong emotion, they seem to somehow stay.

“In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/199148631.html

Members online

Latest posts